The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi all from Roda

+5
raz206
doobie
santamaria
Rosie
wannabetrog
9 posters

Go down

Hi all from Roda Empty Hi all from Roda

Post by wannabetrog Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:46 am

Hi all,
We are Clive & Val, currently living in Roda nr San Javier in Murcia we have been living full time in Spain for 2 years now.
We are now looking to buy a property and would like to move inland away from all the tourists etc!

We are looking at the Galera area but would be open to other towns, whilst we dont want a "Little England" we also dont want to be too isolated, so any advice would be much appriciated.
We are thinking in the future of 2-3 propertys then either renting them out long term or doing holiday rentals etc, again could you comment on the best areas for that.
Looking forward to being part of this forum it looks great! Smile
Best regards
Clive & Val

wannabetrog

Back to top Go down

Hi all from Roda Empty Re: Hi all from Roda

Post by Rosie Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:18 pm

Hi,
Plenty of places in this lovely area. Galera is one of several villages in the area. Good Luck in your search.
Our cave is for sale in Los Olivos: 3bed, 2 bath, 2 kitchens, 2 reception, private covered terrace, BBQ, workshop, large garage, beautiful peaceful, valley & mountain views, no passing traffic. Short walk into village to bar and tiny shop. Fish, veg & frozen food vans deliver weekly. Bread van six days a week.
During high summer there is the best artificial lake in this area within 5 minute walk.
A 5 minute drive away is Castillejar.20mins to Huescar or Galera. 30 mins to Baza. All these places have great markets.
Not 'little England'' in any way, shape or form!
Private Message us if you would like any more info!
Very Happy
Rosie
Rosie

Back to top Go down

Post by santamaria Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:13 pm

Hi And welcome , yes there are many villages to choose from, with lots to offer, in different ways. I am sure you will be heading up here to take a look, if you have not done so already. Galera is a lovely village with good facilities, as is Los Olivos, and those living there I am sure will be along soon .

My words of wisdom or not , (smile) for the properties you are considering to holiday let, I would check how many holiday lets are already in that area,(and how well they are doing). Also should you go the holiday let route, if possible buy one with a pool, already inisitu, as there is never a guarantee, (what ever anyone should tell you !), that one will be issued. The reason for saying this, is, that statically you are 80% more likely to get a booking ,if you have a holiday let, with a pool, than not.

For sure there are a good few cave houses on the market ,with pools and at bargain prices. Well here endeth my words of wisdom or not, (smile) and have fun looking. bounce

santamaria
santamaria

http://www.cuevasantamaria.com

Back to top Go down

Post by doobie Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:18 pm

Hello Clive and Val and welcome Very Happy
Good luck with the house search
Keith
doobie
doobie

Back to top Go down

Post by wannabetrog Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:17 pm

santamaria wrote:Hi And welcome , yes there are many villages to choose from, with lots to offer, in different ways. I am sure you will be heading up here to take a look, if you have not done so already. Galera is a lovely village with good facilities, as is Los Olivos, and those living there I am sure will be along soon .

My words of wisdom or not , (smile) for the properties you are considering to holiday let, I would check how many holiday lets are already in that area,(and how well they are doing). Also should you go the holiday let route, if possible buy one with a pool, already inisitu, as there is never a guarantee, (what ever anyone should tell you !), that one will be issued. The reason for saying this, is, that statically you are 80% more likely to get a booking ,if you have a holiday let, with a pool, than not.

For sure there are a good few cave houses on the market ,with pools and at bargain prices. Well here endeth my words of wisdom or not, (smile) and have fun looking. bounce

Thanks for the info, yes heading to Galera first week in November to look around.
Clive

wannabetrog

Back to top Go down

Post by raz206 Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:21 pm

hi clive you should try and get to castril on the 12/13/14 of october as we have our bull run its a great week end and a great time to see the place alan

raz206

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiny Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:20 pm

Welcome wannabetrog.
Matilda on here as muskateera is a local agent and has lots of property on her books. Will be well worth contacting her.

Good luck with your search. It is a stunning area, hopefully you will love it!

Shiny

Back to top Go down

Hi all from Roda Empty Almost made up our mind!

Post by wannabetrog Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:05 am

Hi all,
Thanks for all the good advise, we think we will buy a house that is either finished or almost finished then extend and remodel as we want. The only think now is to decide the area! we are visiting Galera first week of November for a couple of days but that will only scratch the surface, so I think a few trips will be in order before a decision is made, that will give us a good excuse to stay in some cave houses in the area!! lucky we are only a couple of hours away would like to look in February and see what the wether is like, havnt seen snow for over 20years!!
We would also like to have a rental propery either a long term let or a self contained holiday rental to suppliment our retirement in a few years time so again we will have to look into popular areas for this.
Well only just over 5 weeks and we will be there cant wait.
Cheers
Clive & Val

wannabetrog

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:09 am

Welcome to the forum! cheers
Dave
Dave
Admin

https://caveliving.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by wannabetrog Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:20 am

Dave wrote:Welcome to the forum! cheers
Thanks Dave,
Have a nice day Smile
Clive

wannabetrog

Back to top Go down

Post by ross Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:34 pm

welcome and good hunting. bounce
ross
ross

Back to top Go down

Post by wannabetrog Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:51 am

ross wrote:welcome and good hunting. bounce
Thanks Ross
Cheers
Clive

wannabetrog

Back to top Go down

Post by daisymay Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:44 am

Hi good luck with your cave hunting , sure you will get the properties you are looking for . welcome to the forum

daisymay

Back to top Go down

Post by wannabetrog Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:51 am

daisymay wrote:Hi good luck with your cave hunting , sure you will get the properties you are looking for . welcome to the forum
Thanks, looks like there is a lot of areas to check out!! but will be fun.
Cheers
Clive

wannabetrog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum