The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gas Fridge Problem

4 posters

Go down

Gas Fridge Problem Empty Gas Fridge Problem

Post by Twisted Fire Starter Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:04 am

Has anyone experienced, or know what may be the cause of this "malfunction"?

We have a fairly new Butsir gas fridge (just outside of warranty, big shock), and the freezer compartment is refusing to get any colder than -2C. The fridge section is going great and whilst it's not a huge burden because we don't eat much frozen food anyway, it'd be nice to make some ice cubes again!

I've dismantled all of the customer serviceable bits at the back and given it a good clean (as is regularly done anyway) but still it won't get below that -2C. I've tried defrosting the whole unit and starting from scratch but it's the same old story. It's not the end of the world as I now have my very own beer compartment, but if it's a simple and inexpensive operation to rectify then I will sacrifice my private cool box to have a working freezer back again.

Any advice on this matter would be appreciated. Twisted Evil
Twisted Fire Starter
Twisted Fire Starter

Back to top Go down

Gas Fridge Problem Empty Re: Gas Fridge Problem

Post by Dave Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:51 am

Possibly the thermostat? Had the same once with our electric fridge freezer. May be worth trying first. Probably not too expensive.
Dave
Dave
Admin

https://caveliving.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by spanishbliss Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:38 pm

Twisted Fire Starter wrote:Has anyone experienced, or know what may be the cause of this "malfunction"?

We have a fairly new Butsir gas fridge (just outside of warranty, big shock), and the freezer compartment is refusing to get any colder than -2C. The fridge section is going great and whilst it's not a huge burden because we don't eat much frozen food anyway, it'd be nice to make some ice cubes again!

I've dismantled all of the customer serviceable bits at the back and given it a good clean (as is regularly done anyway) but still it won't get below that -2C. I've tried defrosting the whole unit and starting from scratch but it's the same old story. It's not the end of the world as I now have my very own beer compartment, but if it's a simple and inexpensive operation to rectify then I will sacrifice my private cool box to have a working freezer back again.

Any advice on this matter would be appreciated. Twisted Evil
we had one and had to keep the water trays at the back empty ,and the slime clogs it up at the bottom ,also turn the flame off and brush down the back of the pipe as the soot clogs up easy ,we had to do this every 2 days ,but in this weather to be honest you will have all on keeping it cool -good luck !!!

spanishbliss

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisted Fire Starter Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:14 pm

Not sure where the thermostat is on these fridges, anyone have an idea?

Done a FULL clean, including the drip trays and the little water chute that fills them up, the flue pipe, flame jet etc and still it's not functioning correctly.
Twisted Fire Starter
Twisted Fire Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponderosa Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:20 pm

My experience with problem has always be that fridge got a very small pin hole on one of the solder joints on the secondary gas pipe work it was repaired and needed re gassing. Good that have two separated cooling systems we do but ours is an electric fridge and we always go for one that the freezer compartment is on the bottom as it is normal to go to the fridge fare more times than the freezer and being oldies like us it does help. Good Luke and who you soon find an answer to the problem.
You could try the repair man in Baza.
Ponderosa
Ponderosa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down