The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Easter eggs

3 posters

Go down

Easter eggs Empty Easter eggs

Post by Ponderosa Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:50 pm

Just visited Albir, while there one of the restaurant owners told us of a young boy who only last week told his teacher “I will not be coming to this school anymore” The teacher asked why, the boy said “I have been adopted”

We also asked the same restaurant owner if he was selling Easter eggs he had so many on side tables, he said “No but we are expecting 150 orphaned children and children from Albir and the villages around Albir that do not get enough to eat and just thought it would be a nice little gift to take with them when they leave”
Ponderosa
Ponderosa

Back to top Go down

Easter eggs Empty Dog thoughts

Post by Ponderosa Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:44 pm

OK I know it’s not as much fun as dogs but just give it a thought. How about finding a way to making a donation to help the children in Spain. Change your thoughts from dogs

Ponderosa wrote:Just visited Albir, while there one of the restaurant owners told us of a young boy who only last week told his teacher “I will not be coming to this school anymore” The teacher asked why, the boy said “I have been adopted”

We also asked the same restaurant owner if he was selling Easter eggs he had so many on side tables, he said “No but we are expecting 150 orphaned children and children from Albir and the villages around Albir that do not get enough to eat and just thought it would be a nice little gift to take with them when they leave”
Ponderosa
Ponderosa

Back to top Go down

Easter eggs Empty Re: Easter eggs

Post by Imagemaker Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:23 pm

Peter - I like your post.
Imagemaker
Imagemaker

Back to top Go down

Post by cavern Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:20 pm

[quote="Ponderosa"]OK I know it’s not as much fun as dogs but just give it a thought. How about finding a way to making a donation to help the children in Spain. Change your thoughts from dogs

I tried it Peter when I posted about the orchestra performance for the " children of Baza that wouldn't get toys this Christmas " I offered to take donations of toys when I took mine , only one person took me up on that offer and they like me also give to dogs. I personally don't see why there has to be an either or situation , you are a charitable person or not. I didn't like to pressurise anybody at the time nor will I now but I was disapointed not to have seen you at the concert. Especially after all the PM's you have sent me saying I shouldn't be collecting for dogs but should concentrate on humans at that time of year.

see .... The 2 posts I did so they woudn't get missed

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and............

cavern
cavern

http://www.piablepebble.wix.com/cuevas-bazavista

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponderosa Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:34 pm

My wife tells me that these were the people the restaurant working with. I must say I am getting a little lost with it all, it was all in English/Spanish and Dutch.

You are speaking about donating toys. It reminds me of a case we were trying to help in Belgium; the super market had big cardboard boxes by the sliding doors so people could donate items for the poor at Christmas the family we were helping got a bottle of Champaign, the husband said would rather have had food. We thought he had a very good point.
Ponderosa
Ponderosa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down