The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to light the pilot light on gas water heater

4 posters

Go down

How to light the pilot light on gas water heater Empty How to light the pilot light on gas water heater

Post by Gobiker56 Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:40 pm

Does anyone know How to light the pilot light on gas water heater. A friend has come to stay in his sons' cave but we don't know how to activate the gas water boiler.

Ta
Gobiker56
Gobiker56

http://cuevaleon.co.uk

Back to top Go down

How to light the pilot light on gas water heater Empty Re: How to light the pilot light on gas water heater

Post by Twisted Fire Starter Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:51 pm

I don't know your exact type but, try pushing one of the dials inwards and holding it there for 5-10 seconds before releasing. Then turn the dial to the next stage. These may be completely irrelevant instructions, depending on the make & model of the unit. How about a picture?
Twisted Fire Starter
Twisted Fire Starter

Back to top Go down

How to light the pilot light on gas water heater Empty Re: How to light the pilot light on gas water heater

Post by Shiny Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:28 pm

Hi Gordon,
Have you sorted it?
If not give me a call on 678930102 as I am in Galera at the moment. Smile

Shiny

Back to top Go down

Post by santamaria Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:31 pm

If not sorted yet, hubby is ex Gas Engineer and says if you can post a picture of the boiler, he should be able to tell you the answer ,as some are automatic and others Manuel depending on boiler type or he would be happy to pop over and pop it on for you, if not mega miles from Orce. Very Happy
santamaria
santamaria

http://www.cuevasantamaria.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gobiker56 Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:28 pm

I will describe as I can't get a photo at the moment - Black control knob right side and a clicker lighter button left side front of machine, Knob turns anti-clockwise- clock face 12 - 2 has a flash icon and you can push it in. I have turned it to the icon and clicked - I have also turned it and pushed it in and held it in and clicked, there is a spark but not lighting anything - 10-12 is one flame symbol you cannot push it in - 8-10 is a two flame symbol ditto. Gas is full and switched on.

Hope this makes sense to someone!
Gobiker56
Gobiker56

Back to top Go down

Post by santamaria Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:52 pm

hubby says if it has a clicker you light it manually. To light it manually, you turn the control knob to the flash icon and you have to hold in the gas knob and keep it pressed in , then you use the ignighter to light the pilot., (the clicker button on the left) When you sees a pilot light keep the control button pressed in for about 20 seconds, then slowly release. Then you can turn the control button to the number that you want. If it’s not sparking, prob the ‘piezo’ , (the ignighter) is possibly not working .

If it hasn’t been used for a gooooooood while it takes a long time for the gas to come through to the pilot.

If no joy hubby happy to pop over tomorrow to light it for you.

Hope this helps.
Very Happy
santamaria
santamaria

http://www.cuevasantamaria.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gobiker56 Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:27 pm

All sorted now - thankyou ta all who helped. A team effort got it lit.
Gobiker56
Gobiker56

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiny Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:05 pm

cheers

Shiny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down