The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ryanair

+4
Rosie
mikey
mame
janga
8 posters

Go down

Ryanair Empty Ryanair

Post by janga Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:00 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
janga
janga

http://www.littlebritain.es

Back to top Go down

Ryanair Empty Re: Ryanair

Post by mame Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:16 pm

I have always used Ryanair always on hand bagge only. This time I came over to the Uk on Flybe and the actual flight was 45€ cheaper and no extra costs.Can use electron cards so no booking fee. No scramble as seat numbers are given. Also a far more comfortable plane.

mame

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:21 pm

Ryanair always look to see what services are being used alot then up the prices on them, shouldnt be allowed. I have also heard that flybe are better so will be looking to use them more in the future
mikey
mikey

Location : Watching Torquay United win the FA cup (in my dreams)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:39 pm

We use BMI Baby now. Price works out pretty much the same. 22Kgs luggage as well.
Rosie
Rosie

Back to top Go down

Post by madaboutveg Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:53 pm

We used Ryanair until they changed their boarding pass rule and you now needed one for each way, I did not realise this and on the way back we were charged 160euros for not having the return pass. Although we had every proof possible that we had paid and travelled out with them they would not let us on the plane until we paid the money.
All they had to do was type our names into their computer which printed off a little slip of paper with our details on, and take our 160 euros.
So, no costs are incurred by Ryanair and the passes are not needed, it is extorsion and I think illegal as normally charges such as this are supposed to reflect the costs incurred by the company, which in this case are zero. I believe that next year they are putting this blackmail up from 40 to 60 euros per person. To my mind the answer was simple, we never flew with them again

madaboutveg

Back to top Go down

Post by janga Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:39 pm

I agree Ryanair are still classed as a budget airline, but not charging budget prices. I would rather pay a little more and travel with another airline when possible.
My friend recently booked a ryanair flight that was advertised at £30.00 but when she had gone through the process of adding a 15k bag and paying on her credit card the total was £60.00.

last time i flew with bmi i forgot to do my advanced passenger info, it was done for me at the airport for £5.00 much better than the ryanairs £40.00
janga
janga

http://www.littlebritain.es

Back to top Go down

Post by santamaria Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:27 pm

BMI and Monarch are currently our airlines of choice, flight times, comparable prices, the extra luggage allowance and better flying experience, make them more attractive.

However, when Ryanair flew from Granada to Stanstead, at excellent prices and were the only airline to fly from Granada to the UK, they were very appealing.

Very Happy
santamaria
santamaria

http://www.cuevasantamaria.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cave hunter Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:04 am

I think the only reason I fly with Ryan air is that they seem to be the only airline that goes to the airports I use at reasonable prices.
But I have in the past started out with 1p flights only to end up paying
a much higher price by the time I have finished the booking process.

cave hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by gilly Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:53 pm

As with cave hunter I fly with Ryanair as they are the only airline to fly to Edinburgh all year round. I have used Jet2.com and Easy Jet but it's very limiting. No doubt I will be looking for better ways to travel in the future where possible!
gilly
gilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down