The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

El Capricho is a registered charity

3 posters

Go down

El Capricho is a registered charity  Empty El Capricho is a registered charity

Post by cavern Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:53 pm

Peter Goss brought up the question "are the other charities here registered in Spain? ", which I thought was a very fair and important question to ask. Having run 2 non profit making charities, in the UK, in the past and help at the moment with an American one, I too always look into this kind of thing.

"El Capricho" comes under the banner of the " Asociacion protectora de animals or APA " which is a nationwide registered charitable organisation here in Spain. El Capricho is the Baza branch and has the full backing of the Ayuntamiento De Baza, although not funded by them at all. You may not be aware but the dogs are being sheltered in a Ayuntamiento warehouse, in makeshift pens at the moment . The council workers use half of the warehouse for their own storage purposes. It has been agreed that the Ayuntamiento will spilt the warehouse in 2 at some point and build purpose built runs for the dogs, alas we are still waiting for the I's to be dotted and the T's crossed but when it happens we have to supply all the building materials, they will supply the builders. This is going to be a daunting task but one way or another we will do it. If anybody has seen the sad conditions the dogs are living in at the moment, I am sure they will confirm it needs to happen ASAP but alas El Cap need the go ahead . Maybe you could keep this in mind for the future with any spare building supplies you may have .

El Capricho work along with the Baza Ayuntamiento to organise Spay / neutering sessions for all the dogs within the local area and also educate people on the importance of doing so. You may find this article useful on the type of work that is being done -
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Oh just as a side note , I am not personally affiliated with El Capricho , I just walk the dogs and help out where I can Very Happy

cavern
cavern

http://www.piablepebble.wix.com/cuevas-bazavista

Back to top Go down

El Capricho is a registered charity  Empty Re: El Capricho is a registered charity

Post by mikey Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:22 pm

I met Pipa yesterday, such a nice dog very friendly.
Who is that spanish lady that was there last night Mat? she is nice but as crazy as a box of frogs, she makes me laugh and i am not sure what sort of english she is picking up from you lot.
I thought the town hall in baza were going to get some permanant pens built in the shelter?
mikey
mikey

Location : Watching Torquay United win the FA cup (in my dreams)

Back to top Go down

El Capricho is a registered charity  Empty Re: El Capricho is a registered charity

Post by musketeera Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:14 pm

The crazy lady is the very lovely and extremely funny Carmen Mati who has an incredible range of languages but her English has mainly been picked up via George Michael songs. She has one particular favourite title which starts ' I want your...........' you may have heard her quote that.

Pipa's a sweetie and her little cell mate Mammy the mini gun dog - They're all lovely even Elga the scary one on her own at the back of the warehouse - We walk her last when it's dark because she'd certainly make sure nobody approached us girls.
musketeera
musketeera

http://www.ruralpropertydirect.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:55 pm

Carmen is very good at swearing in english as i heard her many times at the car boot, she was really funny
mikey
mikey

Location : Watching Torquay United win the FA cup (in my dreams)

Back to top Go down

Post by cavern Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:59 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Just another example of how El Capricho are trying to educate people on how to be responsible pet owners.
cavern
cavern

http://www.piablepebble.wix.com/cuevas-bazavista

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down