The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The reason why you cant access the 'For Sale Forum' until you have contributed.

+6
sal
Cave Bunny
Jenny
bigcol
Ian Sharp
Dave
10 posters

Go down

The reason why you cant access the 'For Sale Forum' until you have contributed. Empty The reason why you cant access the 'For Sale Forum' until you have contributed.

Post by Dave Sun May 09, 2010 10:39 am

With many different views about the 'For Sale' forum, i'd just like you all to see the type of emails that im getting. I recieved this one just a day ago.............

"Could you please explain to me why i cant have access to the sales forum. I understand that i need to have a certain number of posts before i can access it. How the hell can i get a certain number of posts if i can get into the sales forum. Its a load of sh*t"

My answer to this was.......

"Im sorry that you cant gain access to the For Sale Forum yet, but it is possible to build your post count (up to the small amount required to gain access) by posting in the other forums. I would suggest that you start by introducing yourself. It is a case of you get out, what you put in. I hope to read some constructive postings from you soon."

Would anybody like to volunteer as a moderator? Pm me if you do please.
Dave
Dave
Admin

https://caveliving.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

The reason why you cant access the 'For Sale Forum' until you have contributed. Empty Re: The reason why you cant access the 'For Sale Forum' until you have contributed.

Post by Ian Sharp Sun May 09, 2010 3:46 pm

I was in a similar situation,I now realise that by posting more I should access the for sales section sooner

Ian Sharp

Back to top Go down

The reason why you cant access the 'For Sale Forum' until you have contributed. Empty Re: The reason why you cant access the 'For Sale Forum' until you have contributed.

Post by Dave Sun May 09, 2010 8:22 pm

Wink
Dave
Dave
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bigcol Mon May 10, 2010 1:08 am

So Dave just outof interest

Whats involved in being a moderator please apart from the obvious.

And just to make sure you know, I and Many others are really gratefull foe all the hard work you put in to the forum.
Please do not under estimate the value of your hard work and comitment,If I could I would get you a few beers.

again many thanks

col x
bigcol
bigcol

Location : On the high seas somwhere!! I've stopped drinking water .... I hseen what it does to the bottom of our boat!

Back to top Go down

Post by bigcol Mon May 10, 2010 1:09 am

bigcol wrote:So Dave just outof interest

Whats involved in being a moderator please apart from the obvious.

And just to make sure you know, I and Many others are really gratefull foe all the hard work you put in to the forum.
Please do not under estimate the value of your hard work and comitment,If I could I would get you a few beers.

again many thanks

col x

I just thought this be one time when folks wont mind me repeating myself yet again

Col
bigcol
bigcol

Location : On the high seas somwhere!! I've stopped drinking water .... I hseen what it does to the bottom of our boat!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenny Mon May 10, 2010 1:39 am

Too true,Col. xx
Jenny
Jenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenny Mon May 10, 2010 2:43 am

Dave - have PMd you.
Jenny
Jenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Cave Bunny Mon May 10, 2010 10:18 pm

OK, so does this count towards a contribution??? Basketball
Cave Bunny
Cave Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Cave Bunny Mon May 10, 2010 10:19 pm

And how many contributions will be sufficient? Laughing
Cave Bunny
Cave Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by sal Tue May 11, 2010 6:48 pm

Dave - I've PMd you.

sal

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyChic Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:58 pm

PMSL x
HappyChic
HappyChic

Back to top Go down

Post by sierra_satellites Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:03 am

Perhaps you should up the points required Dave. If people are that keen, there must be something on there worth getting to. It must be getting talked about. Twisted Evil
sierra_satellites
sierra_satellites

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:38 am

The point count may well have been upped to 50 lol!
Dave
Dave
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponderosa Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:22 am

Hi Devon Dave, I for one support you 100% OK you are to nicer person to spell it out to them but I will. We on this forum are not an e-bay, if your brain box is only full of money signs and cannot think of other subjects to add to this forum you will not fit in with this forum. Devon Dave is a dammed nice guy he and we do not need this. Regards from Peter
Ponderosa
Ponderosa

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:30 am

Blimey, thank you Peter. Ill put the fiver in the post. It is a fact that on all forums you get a range of members and they include:
People who contribute regularly.
People who look but dont contribute.
People who register but never visit. Question
Spammers.
Trolls.
Despite all forums having rules and having it made clear that they should be read before posting, people just dive in and then complain that they dont know why they aren't permitted to do whatever.
I believe that most members can soon identify who are in these groups, and as in general life the idiots get very little co-operation from anybody. What makes me chuckle is that they cant understand why.
Nobody has been banned yet, but its been close.

One final reminder: the moderators can see what computer each posts come from, so if you just happen to have registered more than once and answer your own posting in a different user name it looks a bit odd Wink You know who you are.......... jocolor
Dave
Dave
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bigcol Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:43 am

I think, and this is only my personal opinion, when this facility was put on years ago, it was a service, I for one have used it just to sell unwanted items, not to make money or profits. if it helps you and other folks out brilliant!!!

This is a free forum, with a facility to sell unwanted items free!,
if this facility or Admin is abused by non members, then the qualifying posts should be increased.
If this is not welcome maybe advertise in the local Sierras mag, or pop down to the boot sale which of course has to be paid for, which is good, because this would be supporting local businesses.

I may be unfair and biased, but the sales and wanted keeps rearing its head lately, and it seemed to be everyone's goal to get to 10 posts lol

anyway Ive said my piece I'm ducking behind the parapet now

missiles incoming!!!!!!! affraid

I did start writing this after Peters post, but Dave must be quicker with his fingers, but hey ho!!

Col

Last edited by bigcol on Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : because I try)
bigcol
bigcol

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:00 pm

So, should the post count be raised, or just 'count building posts' deleted?
Dave
Dave
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bigcol Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:38 pm

Hi Dave

I think the sales and wanted should remain in place for members and contributors to the forum, if you are a regular contributor then the qualifying posts shouldn't matter.

I feel that existing regular members of the old forum should have access.

Anyone new enquiring etc, should contribute maybe through posts, and time of membership.

If of course this is unworkable and unjust then do away with the sales and wanted altogether.

This forum it for folks who have a interest in cave living, and living in Rural Spain where ever they live.

This forum sparked our interest in cave living and led the way in buying 2 cueva casas, abiet I now live in a Steel cave, but our interests and hearts are still in Castillejar.

Can access to the sales and wanted be open to view to everyone!!, but to post on sales and wanted you need to qualify, re time or total number of posts, or am I being green

I say again!! what is the fascination with everyone wanting to get on the Sales and wanted.

just a sneak preview all!!!

TopicsRepliesViewsLast Posts.
PAINT
by janga11 Replies104 ViewsLast Posts sierra_satellites
Yesterday at 11:10 pm.
Urgently Wanted - Internal Hard disk drive any size.
by Gobiker560 Replies13 ViewsLast Posts Gobiker56
Yesterday at 1:01 pm.
wanted roof bars
roof bars
by ross0 Replies16 ViewsLast Posts ross
Yesterday at 8:22 am.
Cave house for rent in Los Carriones.
by musketeera0 Replies27 ViewsLast Posts musketeera
Yesterday at 7:48 am.
Air Bed
singal/double
by cuevales4 Replies67 ViewsLast Posts cuevales
Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:04 pm.
Wanted Cement mixer
by Twisted Fire Starter0 Replies20 ViewsLast Posts Twisted Fire Starter
Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:02 pm.
Wanted 15-20 sky hooks
by Twisted Fire Starter

that's it I'm for the firing squad now!!!

Col
bigcol
bigcol

Back to top Go down

Post by kelly Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:03 pm

must say that I thought I was missing something with the need/requirment to get into the sales and wanted.

As I have said before I am a member on most of the forums in Spain and all are different.

There are costal forums that let anyone advertise in a free advert page but these are funded forums and for a link or more information you need to pay the fee's.

Also on one forumsyou can only view the genaral topic untic you have reg and have been given the all clear but the top dog and even then you MUST post an about me post.
sales and wanted is for the selected and you can not send or recieve pm's until you have made so many posts on the group.

Must say I dont go on there very often as to many rules etc...

I cant understand why people feel the need to send Dave pm's or e:mails demanding the right to use the sales and wanted.

However I do think that Dave must be taking the good stuff sales and wanted before the rest of us see it...
lol!

Kelly x
kelly
kelly

http://www.euromover.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Cave Bunny Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:43 pm

Or, they could be two different people on the same bandwidth/machine.

I do this with my husband sometimes - we have two machines, one bandwidth. But sometimes my laptop isn't on (we're on gennys no electric) and I'll post on his machine under my name. Might look odd, but perfectly understandable. I don't want to share a user name with him. We have different opinions much of the time, but sometimes we agree.
Very Happy
Cave Bunny
Cave Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by sierra_satellites Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:31 pm

Devon.Dave wrote:So, should the post count be raised, or just 'count building posts' deleted?

I'm with you all the way. Point building would be the thing to target. If someone has a genuine contribution to make, that's great, but some of the posts are a little too obvious. You have a market opportunity, use it, it will help expand the forum and everyone gains. Otherwise thay have to spend their money to make a sale on a Sunday morning, or place an add in The Sierras.

Everyone has something to contribute, some are more willing than others.

That's my serious head tired out. Very Happy
sierra_satellites
sierra_satellites

Back to top Go down

Post by Cave Bunny Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:39 pm

I am not sure that many people do go to the sales and wanted for profit. I think many people here are setting up again and so genuinely want to buy those things that they need. You can't always get what you are looking for at the car boot (or for the right price), and it is difficult to locate things here when you are unfamiliar with the region and location of shops etc. The language plays a major part and it is easier to buy off an English speaking forum.

It is a shame there is not more to sell here - we for one will have to do a major sort soon enough, but we aren't organised enough yet. Soon, and some profits will go to charities, probably local animals.

Another forum (fairly local) has loads for sale - I don't believe they have a requirement for a certain number of posts. However, that which we do not have access to becomes immediately more attractive, as if you are missing out on something. I guess that's the case here. I don't see the big deal with a number of posts before access. It's not many. Big Col's idea of allowing previous members immediate access isn't a bad one.
Cave Bunny
Cave Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by bigcol Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:40 pm

points make prizes!!!

well said Sierra Satelites

col
bigcol
bigcol

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponderosa Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:47 pm

The proof of the cake is in the eating and what you are doing Dave is sorting out some of the wheat from the chaff.
Ponderosa
Ponderosa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down