The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lights

Go down

Lights Empty Lights

Post by medianige Tue May 03, 2011 10:37 pm

I used to work for a lighting design firm...I have 8-10 halogen defractor lights, with MR16 bases (12v) - and they have never been used though I will not bring the boxes over, and some CFLs in various wattages. I'm bringing them across in August if anyone wants them. My place is too small to have them all there (I have hundreds of candles anyway) and the halogens last for up to 4,000 hours so the ones I (eventually) put up won't need many spares.

The halogens are generally 24 and 35 (or 38) degree spread, warm white (which will accentuate red, white and yellow). They are dichroic, so you get almost 98% of the light forward of the lamp, but 90% of the heat reflects backwards. NOT suitable for enclosed wood or glass lighting - very hot. Will instantly blister skin after around 10 seconds of operation. But they look fantastic!

Last edited by medianige on Tue May 03, 2011 10:49 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typo in hours)
medianige
medianige

Back to top Go down