The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christmas again

+5
pebbles
Rosie
Jenny
mikey
Gayle
9 posters

Go down

Christmas again Empty Christmas again

Post by Gayle Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:25 pm

Just wondering how we all celebrate Christmas here, are we traditional or do we do something different just because we can? Last year we had the family over for the first time in 6 years and it was a nice change but I must admit I do like a Christmas day with just the 4 of us. We always get up ridiculously early (well with 2 small boys who doesn't!) The fire is lit, and then it's the presents. We have breakfast always something special and this year it will be bacon and eggs which we've never done on christmas morning - I think our neighbours will come too which will be nice, mind you we'll be eating early as when you're up at 5 you need some food around 7ish!!

After that, the turkey will go in and we just play with the boy's toys and watch tv or any new dvd's santa has brought. Lunch is usually around 3 ish and then it's just lazing around and picking at the turkey until we're too tired and full to do or eat anything more.

A lovely family day with the kids.

What are everyone else's plans? Are you staying in or going out for Christmas lunch will you be on your own or celebrating with friends or family? do you leave a mince pie and some sherry and a carrot for Rudolf? do you go to mass or have friends round for mince pies and mulled wine on the 24th? Do you celebrate on the 24th or the25th? do you have turkey or something different?

Just being nosy really but I am starting to get into the christmas spirit and it is nice to know how other people celebrate what with us all being in another country.....................
Gayle
Gayle

Back to top Go down

Christmas again Empty Re: Christmas again

Post by mikey Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:40 pm

Sounds exactly like our christmas day, except i will be watching the queens speech and having a drink for all those friends i lost overseas and raising a glass to all those brave people away from home and the families at home worrying.
mikey
mikey

Location : Watching Torquay United win the FA cup (in my dreams)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenny Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:52 pm

Hibernating?
Jenny
Jenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:21 am

'Im indoors would avoid all festive festering if he could get away with it!
However,
THIS year we are 'puppy sitting', so they will probably be getting us up BEFORE the lark, so to speak.

I like Buck's Fizz (the drink, not the pop group), with breakfast.. usually make do with a nice cuppa instead.

This Christmas we are also looking after a friends horses for a few days, so it will be very much like old times.i.e. feed round, extra carrots for all as it is is Christmas morning, check water supply, try not to lose a welly in the mud...not nice when you are half asleep! Then home for breakfast.

Will see & hear the Grandchildren on Skype and look at the presents that Santa has left them during the night.

We have been invited out for Christmas Lunch by good friends and are very much looking forward to that.
Too much vino? Too much food?

Home then to collect any parcels that the puppies may have left for us. (with a bit of luck the parcels may be wrapped!). Settle down in front of TV & probably nod off to sleep!

Sounds good to me.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS everyone!

Rosie
Rosie

Back to top Go down

Post by pebbles Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:25 am

I love Christmas

We all go to my in-laws about 11pm on 24th to celebrate Christmas 'Spanish style' with them. So that will be food, food and more food!

The 25th we will be celebrating at ours with a few friends - Mum will be cooking a fab Chrimbo dinner and there will be plenty of drinkies!. The afternoon will be spent chilling infront of the fire, possibly still a few drinkies! and games - more than likely the Buzz game will be out! and of course Alejandro will be playing with his toys too!

Whatever you are all doing - ENJOY santa
pebbles
pebbles

http://www.abiteofspain.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by santamaria Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:56 pm

Xmas morning, I will leave hubby in bed , put the tv on radio 2, they always plays good xmas music, xmas morning.

Despite it being just hubby and myself this year I still managed to get a turkey that just about fits in the oven, so I will need to get it in the oven to ensure it cooks in time 4 lunch. Once the turkey is in, I will make a couple of egg nogs . When hubby gets up, he will get the log fire underway, even if not needed got to have our log fire xmas day.

We’ll then go on a campo walk and by the time we get back the smell of Xmas dinner will be underway. A little dangerious however, as it could bring campo animals from far and wide to see if we will be sharing our turkey with them,

We’ll have Xmas dinner with all the works, hubby just got back from UK and picked up all the essentials, cranberry sause, stuffing, chocs etc.

After dinner, we will watch ‘It’s a wonderful life’ , we’ve got the version that has got colour added. Pausing it when we’ve made enough room for xmas pudding and custard.

Scruffy and Bruce our two wonderful little dogs, for sure will be on their backs with their little tootsies in the air toasting in front of the fire. Magical, as for nearly two years poor Scruffy was trying to become our dog, even lying outside our front door in the pouring rain saying I’m going no-where I’ve come to live with you!!And time and time again she would be collected and taken back to ‘her house’ . So this will be our first official family Chirstmas together, along with her side kick Bruce. So happy families.

My Mum was taken very seriously ill the beginning of this year and has made an amazing recovery, at some point I will speak to my Mum on my SKYPE phone, I love you along with my dad and other family members who will be all at mum and dads house for xmas. santa

It sure is a wonderful life.....(smile) cheers
santamaria
santamaria

http://www.cuevasantamaria.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Imagemaker Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:16 pm

I wish you lots of them Santamaria....... santa
Imagemaker
Imagemaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:42 pm

Could be a white Christmas here if it carries on like the past couple of days.
Ill be enjoying it with my brother, sister, mother in law, daughter and hyper excited grandson. Probably a bit of drinking, eating and childrens entertainment. Carole will hopefully join us sometime during the night after she's finished treating her 'customers'
It'll be a good day, but we'd prefer to be in our cave. Never mind maybe next year!

Best wishes to all all and hope that you all have a merry Christmas and a very prosperous New Year santa
Dave
Dave
Admin

https://caveliving.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lisa Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:54 pm

I have no oven so we are looking at a Christmas curry at some point in the day but plan to start the day with Eggs Benedict so will probably be spending most of the evening 'erm just popping outside' as a result of the curry and EB. It's going to be the first Christmas that Ed is old enough to recognise something good is going on so we are really looking forward to it. Going to leave Skype on all day to keep the Grandparents involved via the cave portal - with the weather being so grim we knew it would be a bad idea trying to get home.

I have never seen the Queen's speech. Not been one to stand to attention but I will listen to Adam and Joe on 6music in the morning.

Hope that a big old present I have ordered comes for Dan in time. His birthday is 2nd Jan and is used to always having a pretty lack lustre one due to the fact that it is in the post-festive lull. I thought this year after he deserved a double whammy that matched the effort he has put into the reform. Can't tell what it is as it's a surprise.

Looking forward to all the other stuff too I have heard that the Three Kings is a great day and you have to do something with grapes on the bongs at New Year.

Is there any public events anyone can recommend?

lisa

http://www.welovetechnology.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down