The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Granada Hospital...

3 posters

Go down

Granada Hospital... Empty Granada Hospital...

Post by Charlie Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:25 pm

Hi, I have to go into Granada Hospital and have an operation, I will be in for roughly 1 week, Does anyone know if they have internet connection in the wards? And also can anyone recommend the nearest car park.
Thanks in advance for your quick replys
Charlie

Charlie

Back to top Go down

Granada Hospital... Empty Re: Granada Hospital...

Post by claresaccessories Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:49 pm

The Virgen de la Nieves hospital does have free wi-fi in all the wards, but not sure about the other hospitals, and I think there are quite a few. The car parking was underground near the hospital, but forgot the directions. I did a search on the net for directions and found them ok there.
Hope this helps.
claresaccessories
claresaccessories

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:22 pm

Thanks Clare,
Unfortuatly its the San Cecilio one grrrrr,
Maybe if they have it one all will have.
Charlie

Charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenny Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:35 am

Charlie - My husband was in San Cecilio 3 years ago & they didn´t have internet access for patients then. I can, however, reassure you that my husband had the most wonderful treatment, on the levels of everyday nursing care and clinical care. Everyone involved was just brilliant.

I left my car down the side of the bus station (I stayed in an apartment for the week), where parking was free. However, for the past year or so this street has been excavated as part of the metro installation. You´d be stacking up a hefty parking fee if you left your car in a city centre car park for a week. Is there anyone who could give you a lift in and collect you afterwards? And would you be able to drive afterwards anyway? I´d offer myself, but am making a slow recovery from a broken leg and can´t drive yet.

If you really have to drive yourself in, the car park for Virgen de las Nieves is pretty close. Take the exit from the Circumvalacion for the Estacion de autobus (Exit 123?? Can anyone confirm that?), follow the yellow signs for the bus station along carretera de Jaen. Drive past the bus station on your right, over a roundabout with a vivid blue Peugot dealership on the right, and Virgen de las Nieves is on your left further along - although the sign on the front of the building just says "TRAUMATOLOGIA". Continue to the next roundabout, a few metres further along, and take the 3rd exit (i.e. turn left). The Traumatologia underground car park is up on your left, after you´ve gone round another roundabout. You would then need to walk back down to cta. de Jaen, turn left and walk along to the end (less than 10 minutes). San Cecilio is facing you at the end of cta. de Jaen.

There is no car park attached to San Cecilio - or, at least, I didn´t find one, although maybe someone else here will know of one.

Whereabouts do you live? Given that both hospitals are so near the bus station, travelling by bus from Baza and getting a taxi at the other end might be an option, although the reverse journey may not be such a good idea after surgery.

You could try phoning San Cecilio about internet access or, if you PM me, I could do that for you. Otherwise, a "dongle" would work, assuming there´s a signal for your mobile network.

Sorry to be clucky, but the more I think about it, the less happy I am with the idea of anyone who´s had surgery & been in hospital for a week driving themselves back home afterwards. With any luck, and if I have good X-rays next week, I might be mobile then. If that fits in with your schedule, give me a shout.
Jenny
Jenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:41 am

Hiya Jenny,
Sorry I should have made it more clear my partner will be driving me.
I think I will just take the laptop and see when I get there. Smile
Thank you so kindly for saying if you were better you would help it's nice to know there are people out there
with a kind heart.
Well I hope your leg repairs quickly and when I get out I'll repost if we find cheap parking and if they have internet,
Hope so or I will be boreddddd, Crying or Very sad
Thanks again for your comments
Charlie x

Charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenny Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:08 am

Oh good - that sounds much better. Actually, my husband wasn´t on a ward, but in a private, air-conditioned en suite room - fantastic. We didn´t ask for it and we weren´t paying - they just provided it. Good luck with the op. and with the internet.
Jenny
Jenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down