The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dog mites !!

4 posters

Go down

Dog mites !! Empty Dog mites !!

Post by david kirby Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:07 pm

I wondered has anybody's doggy's had mites ? they are very small dark little flecks that make your pooch itch like mad and lose fur commonly known i think the name is scabies !! and can cause mange ! my poor flossy she is scratching again second time round this year went to vets first time gave me advantix capsule did not work and it was 15e ! so now using a spray from mercadonna which contains neem oil and lavender and also the same in the shampoo, if anybody's got anymore idea's on this subject they would be most welcome !! Evil or Very Mad
david kirby
david kirby

Back to top Go down

Dog mites !! Empty Re: Dog mites !!

Post by Cave Bunny Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:24 pm

Both Neem Oil and Lavender oil are standard herbal treatments for mites, scabies and mange. Bear in mind though that all three conditions are highly contagious so do not let your dog sleep on your bed, sofa etc. Neem oil is particularly useful for skin conditions, and safe to use undiluted.

These parasites thrive on animals with weakened immune systems so you may have to improve his food to ensure he doesn't get recurrent outbreaks.

Good luck.

Cave Bunny
Cave Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by david kirby Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:19 pm

Hi yes cave bunny have those herbal treatments but dont seem to be doing much but will persevere a little longer ! we give floss the best food we can afford and also she has omega 3 too ! so cannot be the food. also the mites that dogs have do not live on humans they are different specie !! but i have washed all her bed linen in fact do it everyday now so not to re infest her ! but thankyou for input !
david kirby
david kirby

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiny Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:25 pm

I hope Flossy gets rid of these little mites soon!!! bounce

Shiny

Back to top Go down

Dog mites !! Empty doggy mites

Post by david kirby Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:37 pm

Yes Shiny ah ah ! they have been dealt with already !! i think its been a very hot summer and she goes walkies everyday where the foxes roam !!! bounce
david kirby
david kirby

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyChic Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:00 am

Zooveca is brilliant, 7 Euros from feed merchants, water it down, and spray on gets rid of everthing, i have been using it for 4 years now, for ticks fleas mites etc, never have a problem, also keeps flies away Smile
Also Apron does the same thing, but double the price
Hope that helps
HappyChic
HappyChic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum