The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zurich insurance

2 posters

Go down

Zurich insurance  Empty Zurich insurance

Post by nigtrog Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:12 pm

Evening all
For few years i have had zurich insurance cover recommended by many for my cave home !
Recently was thinking if covered few key perils that likely to effect a cave =
Earthquake , water damage if very heavy rain or snow or 3rd party issue and legal cover if any disputes !
I have just read full policy details and major c9ncerns not cover any of these 3 areas !
Earthquakes clear not covered , water damage appears cover if a diverted water course or burst pipe from own or neighbours but not if other causes and legal in theory 6k cover but loads loopholes !
Anyone claimed under these headings and got quake cover ?
I about to go and see victorio about using the legal cover after a neighbour above just ibstalled a sliding gate track in a gully over top of my cave that causing water damage and he will not remove the track !!
I have been to see the local ayuntemento technico as the track in the public road just outside the boundary but he has sorted nothing !( i was hoping he would tell the man to remove !) .
Any other suggestions/ ideas to get the track removed and force to fit normal swing gates like everyone else does when a cave underneath ?
Tx nige
nigtrog
nigtrog

Back to top Go down

Zurich insurance  Empty Re: Zurich insurance

Post by Mariposa Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:57 am

Check your Deeds and make sure you own your roof.  I know a lot of people with caves in the Galera area don't own their roofs, but am not sure about Benamaurel.  If you do, great, if not, it could be a tricky situation.

As I said before, the local Policeman/woman is often a good first contact.  You have tried the Town Hall, so I suppose if all else fails, then you will have to take advice from a good Solicitor.
Mariposa
Mariposa

Back to top Go down

Post by nigtrog Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:00 pm

Thanks
nigtrog
nigtrog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content