The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cost of electric / changing power supply

5 posters

Go down

cost of electric / changing power supply  Empty cost of electric / changing power supply

Post by nigtrog Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:12 am

Good morning all
Assume this topic applies to most of us!
Appreciate any help / advice !

Had cave 10 years and come out as much as can during year for few weeks at a time !,
Over the years gone from thinking electric quite cheap to now ridiculously high !
Not the usage/ unit cost but the standing charge that got ridiculous cost !
We have got 10kw potential supply that costs massive 90 ( incl iva ) + euro every 2 months standing charge !!( when I renovated the place as no potential for solar panels and just a kettle / toaster can be 4 kW+ tank + hob + other ! and standing charge for higher potential only few euros more a month 10 years ago!)

Is there a local endesa office anymore? ( useto be in baza !)

Anyone know if possible / process / cost to lower potential to 5 or 7 kW etc ?

Has anyone got a tariff with a low standing charge than 9 euros per kW potential but possibly bit higher unit rate as that would be lot better for our occasional every few months use ( currently rate including various supply charges and the environmental 30% or so part ( assume this to fund the wind turbines that require a large sudsidy !).

Is there only one endesa tariff ? , just pay more if more potential and also no competitors / alternative suppliers to change to ?

Any ideas on how to/ process reduce electric standing charge costs would be > appreciated !

Regards Nigel
nigtrog
nigtrog

Back to top Go down

cost of electric / changing power supply  Empty Re: cost of electric / changing power supply

Post by Dave Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:25 pm

Good question. I seem to remember somebody saying that they have to physically change it at the meter.
 Im sure somebody will tell us soon.
Dave
Dave
Admin

https://caveliving.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

cost of electric / changing power supply  Empty Re: cost of electric / changing power supply

Post by miron Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:39 pm

10KW seems a massive potential, even more so if it's not your permanent home.
We pay Endesa €24.97 per two months for 3.45KW. We don't have an electric cooker / kettle / heating and with solar panels for heating the water we only use the small electric water heater on dull winter days. The power tripped once (in 6 years) when we were cooking Xmas dinner using an extra small electric oven, had two electric radiators on and someone had a hot shower while someone else was making toast!
But even with more electrical appliances, 5KW should meet your needs.
When we applied for our permanent supply we spoke to the Baza Endesa office and they recommended the size of supply based on our expected use.
Why not call into the office with a list of the applicances you have and discuss it with them? You can probably get advice online at their website, but face to face tends to be more informative! I think downgrading your supply potential should be fairly simple. It goes without saying to take every conceivable document you can lay your hands on!

miron

Back to top Go down

Post by La Mancha Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:27 pm

Endessa offer, well offered, an online tariff called One Luz that gave a 10% discount. The bill suggests the tariff is 2.0A now. If you are not out permanently this is probably the way to go as all our bills are emailed. They even have an app in English that lists the contract details and bills. We are on a 5.75KW and pay E45 ish every couple of months. Use gas for water and cooking but have small undersink water heater, microwave, toaster, electric kettle and TVs etc and it seems to cope okay.

Found a dedicated site for One Luz and it's now 12% click
La Mancha
La Mancha

http://www.cuevademama.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by La Mancha Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:35 pm

Just found an English pdf of One Luz click
La Mancha
La Mancha

http://www.cuevademama.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by pete_l Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:30 pm

nigtrog wrote:just a kettle / toaster can be 4 kW+ tank + hob + other !  and standing charge for higher potential only few euros more a month 10 years ago!)
It sounds like you've gone for the "full english" - having all your cooking and heating by electricity. As you've discovered this is a very expensive options: electricity is about 3 times the unit price of bottled gas.

Here is a breakdown of my last bill from Endesa for 2 months consumption:
Por potencia contratada 25,36 €
Por energía consumida 89,13 €
Impuesto electricidad 5,85 €
Alquiler equipos de medida y control 1,26 €
IVA NORMAL (21%) 25,54 €

TOTAL IMPORTE FACTURA 147,14 €

My cooker runs on a Butane bottle. I have a portable gas heater for the winter and a wood-burning stove for heating. My electric immersion heater (1.2kW) is on a timer overnight. The water heating -  is the major part of my bill.Other things like lights, computers, fridge don't use that much. Even the electric kettle doesn't use much since it's only running for a minute or two.

One thing though. I have a contract for a very low power supply: only 15 Amps - nominal 3.45kW. That is why I have my immersion heater on a timer, so that it doesn't "collide" with the kettle and trip my distribution panel by exceeding the Endesa supplied (and security sealed) 15A breaker.

I believe that Endesa is also running a programme to replace "ordinary" electric meters with smart ones that will give you a lower kWHr tarriff overnight. I was sent a leaflet by them some months ago, but I am not holding my breath waiting for them to replace my 10 year old meter.

pete_l

http://www.pete-lynch.com/la_casa.html

Back to top Go down

Post by nigtrog Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:20 am

Thanks to all for time and excellent info , what I have is the modern supply in terms of kW that endesa recommended 10 years ago when I completed the renovation and standing charges / electric way cheaper ( stand alone + vs gas !) . Over years with 30% or so extra charge for environmental , higher Iva and other factors cost electric got ridiculous! What I going to do today after all vg advice is go and see endesa in baza to ask to reduce potential from 10.2 kW to half this or bit more + go on one luz tarif + get immersion timer so comes on overnight when electric cheaper + not clash with other appliances !! Big thanks nige
nigtrog
nigtrog

Back to top Go down

Post by nigtrog Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:19 pm

Thanks all , just been in endesa bsza and new contract at 6kw that will meet our needs but reduce standing charge by 40% !! I will log on endesa website andcsign up for internet billing asap that will save further 11% ! Regards Nigel
nigtrog
nigtrog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down