The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Needed for Cats

+4
Rosie
mikey
HappyChic
Mushroom
8 posters

Go down

Home Needed for Cats Empty Home Needed for Cats

Post by Mushroom Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:21 pm

New Home needed for Cats
by Mushroom on Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:51 pm

.Your help is needed, due to health reasons and an impending return trip to England, we need a loving permanent home for two home loving big neutered male tom cats. Both are very domesticated, seem to spend most of the day and night asleep, love their food and adult company. One is 5 years old and the other 3.
They are very special to us but we cannot take them to England as we need to go very soon, Please can anyone help out as if they are not rehomed within a few weeks they will have to go on a one way trip to the vets. Please reply using this forum, Thank You.
Mushroom
Mushroom

Back to top Go down

Home Needed for Cats Empty Re: Home Needed for Cats

Post by HappyChic Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:03 pm

If they are so special to you.............. why the threat of taking them to the vets to be put down !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That approach does not work with me sorry. There are ways and means if they are that special to you.
Sorry that ill health is having to make you return to the Uk tho....... but if you care so much for them, there are animal rescue centres that take animals, albeit, hard to find, just need to research instead of threatening death.
HappyChic
HappyChic

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:55 am

Also if they are much loved family members why not take them back too?
mikey
mikey

Location : Watching Torquay United win the FA cup (in my dreams)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:48 am

It is the death threat that has probably deterred offers of help. Touch of blackmail to it? I am unable to house a cat unfortunately. I tried late last year and my neighbour's dogs killed him.
Try a rescue organisation if you aren't able to take them back to UK with you.
Rosie
Rosie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cave Bunny Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:49 pm

I was going to say the same...

I guess the inability to take them back to the UK is the lack of forethought with pet passports. The guilt trick is horrible, and likely why people haven't commented. I know that's why I've been quiet.

I can't take your cats as in the 9 months we've been here, we've taken on 3 strays. We will invest in pet passports for them all as they are now part of our family and should anything force our return home (god forbid) they can come with us, along with our 4 UK pets. My original cats are older. They have been ill and our vet has advised that it is with the stress of moving, and new additions.

How about you get them pet passported, ask someone to look after them for the short time before they can travel, and take them home when clear?

I too am sorry for your illness, but getting two young healthy cats euthanised because they don't fit in with your plans is awful.

Last edited by Cave Bunny on Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : incomplete post)
Cave Bunny
Cave Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by janga Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:49 am

I get really annoyed by this sort of post. Most people go on about how the Spanish care, or not for there animals. But in my experience some of the the English have demonstrated the same lack of care. having been here for over six years i have lost count of the English people who have approached me to re home the beloved pet as they have to return to the U.K.
Why do people decide to grab a new pet of the street, show them love and care, then abandon them at the drop of a hat ? is it to much to pay (about 80 euros) to get the passport done, why not put the cat or dog into kennels until the passport is usable (6 months) having 5 dogs and 3 cats of my own it would be unthinkable to leave, abandon, or put a healthy animal to sleep. I have even taken animals who have the full passport and could go back, but the owner has decided it would be to much hassle, unbelievable.
janga
janga

http://www.littlebritain.es

Back to top Go down

Post by Imagemaker Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:26 pm

All I would say is - 'walk a mile in my shoes'.
Imagemaker
Imagemaker

Back to top Go down

Home Needed for Cats Empty Pathetic

Post by Mushroom Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:18 pm

totally, totally pathetic answers to this post,I will be posting no further on this forum to my so well informed expat countrymen,you do not know the details, so why bother to judge!!!!!!!
Thanks for nothing Signing out
Mushroom
Mushroom
Mushroom

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:40 pm

Nite.
Rosie
Rosie

Back to top Go down

Post by The Flying Dutchman Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:43 pm

explain so we can understand and maybe except.
The Flying Dutchman
The Flying Dutchman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down