The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Huescar dog shelter

5 posters

Go down

Huescar dog shelter Empty Huescar dog shelter

Post by Him & Her Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:57 pm

Just spent my first morning helping at the Huescar dog shelter and have to say that I wasn't really sure what to expect, or indeed if I could handle it, I am so so pleased to be able to say I actually sort of enjoyed it, spending some time with some wonderful dogs who crave a bit of fuss and attention which I was lucky enough to be able to give.

If you like me are worried about what the conditions are like for the dogs and the condition of the facilities at the shelter then I thought I should just say the home is really as good as it can be, it's clean the dogs are lovely all shapes and sizes waiting for new homes and that the Spanish and English team who are all volunteers are doing a really great job on really very limited funds and most especially manpower, it takes a lot of hours to clean the kennels allow all the dogs a bit of a run around in the small paddock a bit of fuss then on to the next kennel.

There is a F/B  page Huescar Dog Shelter (P.A.U) Supporters and they are having an open day this Saturday 12-2pm take a look at the page for more detail of this and the shelter.

I hope that you don't think I am asking for anything as I know there is a lot of fund raising going on at the moment but thought it would be good for you to hear what the shelter is like and you might even fancy helping out now and then. Very Happy

Last edited by Him & Her on Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:00 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
Him & Her
Him & Her

Back to top Go down

Huescar dog shelter Empty Re: Huescar dog shelter

Post by miron Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:55 pm

Thanks for this post - it sounds silly but after 5 years here I didn't know there was a dog shelter in Huescar!

miron

Back to top Go down

Post by Diamonddog59 Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:48 pm

Nice post and yes there are dogs of all shapes, sizes and character looking for loving homes and like all shelters donations of blankets, food, cleaning materials, cash etc etc etc are always welcome.

It has only been open just over a year Miron and the ex-pat community has only been involved for a few months.

The open day is a good chance for people to have a look and the event and directions are on the                             group or people can email me cante1959 @ gmail.com if they are not on FB

Diamonddog59

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiny Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:06 pm

So many dogs and so little homes available! Sad
Hope to see a few of you there on saturday. I will be performing some acoustic tunes along with Amanda Noble totally unplugged!!

Shiny

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:48 am

We'll be there too.

Ken

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down