The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bugs in beams

3 posters

Go down

Bugs in beams Empty Bugs in beams

Post by Him & Her Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:13 am

We can hear something munching in one of our beams and a little amount of wood dust on wall under the beam, I know it's been mentioned on here before but I can't find it, how do we treat this ? Really grateful of any advice - thanks Very Happy
Him & Her
Him & Her

Back to top Go down

Bugs in beams Empty Re: Bugs in beams

Post by Gobiker56 Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:24 pm

You will be inundated with ways to get rid of this critter. Here is a couple of them. Find the hole!. Spray wd 40 into the hole and set light to it, inject diesel in the hole, spray ZUM, insect killer, in the hole. The object is to reach it down the hole and kill it. All those are ways people have told me they have been successful. good luck.
Gobiker56
Gobiker56

http://cuevaleon.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Buff Orpington Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:55 pm

Hi, there are indeed many ways of killing the adults,however,unless you get the larvae as well,they'll be back ! Ideally you need to make sure that there are no damp parts of the timber as this is where they lay the eggs,warm and damp,so if you can warm the room up enough to dry any damp out,you should manage to cure the problem,then you can treat the timber to stop the adults returning,most treatmants don't penetrate the timber enough to get the larvae. Good Luck !

Buff Orpington

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down