The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thank you

Go down

Thank you Empty Thank you

Post by Lesley Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:15 pm

Just like to say thank you for all your hard work with the forum. Although I don't usually post anything I read the posts all the time. As we are still based in the UK it is so useful to keep up to date with what is going on, but since I have finally persuaded my boss to give me a long holiday we are coming out this Summer for 10 weeks (7 weeks to go and counting) complete with mother and 3 dogs (all passported) and we wondered if there is an English speaking vet in Baza Smile

Thanks again

Lesley
Lesley
Lesley

http://l.allington1@ntlworld.com

Back to top Go down

Thank you Empty Re: Thank you

Post by Dave Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:31 pm

Hi Lesley, welcome to the new forum. Dont let living in the UK put you off posting, I live in the UK (but I do get out to the cave as often as work allows). Plenty more regular posters on here are UK based too, so your'e not alone. Have a good holiday, the weather has changed for the better now, so it should be spectacular when you visit. I think that'll be poppy and blossom time. So are you driving down, I guess you must be with 3 dogs. Plenty of stops if you do. sunny
Dave
Dave
Admin

https://caveliving.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:54 pm

I have posted something about vets and vet nurses for you...somewhere Lesley... lost it.
Here is a condensed version:
I know of 2 vets in Baza.
First one is on the roundabout coming into Baza centro from Benamaurel. Never used this one so can't comment. Maybe other forum members can help out here?
Second one is Francisco Caballero Herrera 'Clinica Veterinaria Jabalcon', Puerta Lorca,10, Baza. He speaks good enough English for me to understand him. We wouldn't use him unless we were happy!
Also Kirsten, a forum member, is a qualified veterinary nurse and visits your pets at home for routine vaccinations, contraceptive injections, first aid etc. She is unable to give rabies shots.
Hope this is helpful.
Enjoy your holiday. Your boss deserves a medal!
Rosie
Rosie

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:03 pm

Rosie, do you have any phone numbers for them. Ill post them in the 'contact numbers'

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way when you judge him, you will be a mile away, and have his shoes...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Dave
Dave
Admin

https://caveliving.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesley Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:08 pm

Thanks for the info will definitely be having lots of stops on the way and change of drivers. We have also bribed some very good friends to come with us as we seem to have found plenty of junk to bring so there will be a bit of a convoy.
Lesley
Lesley

Back to top Go down

Post by bigcol Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:30 pm

Hi Lesley

Welcome to a great forum, and a fantastc way of life, Enjoy you long break,make sure you get arround to explore

Visit Cuevo Pedro sally and kate, a good place to start and explore local facilities local markets.

Lots of great folks. A true jewel in Andulucia
bigcol
bigcol

Location : On the high seas somwhere!! I've stopped drinking water .... I hseen what it does to the bottom of our boat!

Back to top Go down

Thank you Empty Vet phone number. Clinica Veterinaria Jabalcon

Post by Rosie Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:18 pm

Clinica Veterinaria Jabalcon : 958 860 100.
Kirsten, Veterinary nurse : Temporarily away until end of next week. Tel: 678 418 593
Can't help with the other vet. info.
Rosie
Rosie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:40 pm

The other vet in Baza is a lovely lady called Yvonne, she's Spanish and doesn't have too much English but she is learning all the time. This is the one I use as she's cheaper than the other and handier for parking. The phone number is: 958701765.
Ann
Ann

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesley Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:58 pm

Hi Big Col

Thanks for the welcome we are certainly looking forward to exploring the area more we never seem to have enough time when we are only out for a week or two. We already know a few people we used to stay at Sally & Kate's when the cave was being reformed, Shiny helps keep the weeds at bay when we are in the UK. Everyone we meet seems to be so helpful and it is always nice to meet new faces.

Thanks Rosie and Ann for the vet contact numbers you never know if we may need them.
Lesley
Lesley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum