The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

full fat petrol

2 posters

Go down

full fat petrol Empty full fat petrol

Post by Buff Orpington Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:06 pm

Having seen so many old cars about I'm wondering if you can get leaded petrol aroung here,or is everyone either using an addative or just not worried ? I only ask cos some of my older bikes would rather not have semi skimmed.

Buff Orpington

Back to top Go down

full fat petrol Empty Re: full fat petrol

Post by Lurchio Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:50 pm

Hi,

Best you can get is 98 'super unleaded' , the BP Ultimate 98 at Venta Del Peral Services (the one with the Hostal) and theres 98 in Cepsa Baza, near the Venta Del Sol Hotel on the main drag into Baza. Not as madly expensive as in the UK.

The FJ would appreciate the Super Unleaded, anything older, my PERSONAL choice would be an additive like Millers or something. Definitely if its an old BMW boxer airhead, unless the valve seats have been done. I think all Japs can run on unleaded but I get the point that performance drops off, the engine just doesn't 'thrum' the same does it!

No truly 'Leaded' petrol that I know of.
Lurchio
Lurchio

Back to top Go down

Post by Buff Orpington Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:46 pm

Ah well,just wondering aloud,valves used to be cushioned with lead and two strokes didn't used to have to be rebuilt as often as they do now,and don't even start me on the carb residue nowadays ! Thanks for your reply .

Buff Orpington

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down