The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Car rental: how do they manage this?

3 posters

Go down

Car rental: how do they manage this? Empty Car rental: how do they manage this?

Post by pete_l Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:48 pm

I just got an email from a car hire outfit at Murcia airport. They are offering rentals from €30 week, insurance included.
Now, I'm not in the market for car hire at present, and something this low makes me suspicious that they manage to squeeze some extra dosh out of each customer (by claiming "damage" for every microscopic flaw inthe bodywork, perhaps? or having a massive insurance excess; who knows?) or cut corners with servicing / maintenance.

Anyone have any insights about whether this rate is viable?

pete_l

http://www.pete-lynch.com/la_casa.html

Back to top Go down

Car rental: how do they manage this? Empty car hire

Post by spanishbliss Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:19 pm

well i flew into malaga the other day and it was 48 euro for 10 days'i suppose they would rather take something than nothing..who knows

spanishbliss

Back to top Go down

Car rental: how do they manage this? Empty Re: Car rental: how do they manage this?

Post by Taught2BCautious Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:42 am

I regularly book hire cars through doyouspain.com and they have similar low rates during off-season, and I have never had any problems.

Most of the hire companies make extra money from fuel - you pay a bit over the odds for a full tank of fuel at the start of the hire, and are supposed to return the car empty.

Most people return the car with some fuel left in, so they just top it up until the fuel gauge hits the full mark (not quite full) and the next person pays for the number of litres specified in the car's handbook.

A simple trick that isn't obvious, but can easily add €20 to the value of each rental.

Taught2BCautious

http://www.bisobodega.com

Back to top Go down

Car rental: how do they manage this? Empty Re: Car rental: how do they manage this?

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down