The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Funny thing: memory

3 posters

Go down

Funny thing: memory Empty Funny thing: memory

Post by pete_l Tue May 07, 2013 10:02 pm

There I was today, back in IKEAAARRRGH for hopefully the last time in a long while - getting the last few bits that I'd forgotten or mis-bought in previous forays.
I have to say that no place on earth gets me closer to tears than an IKEA store. And not in a good way.

Anyway, I was stood at the counter waiting for a gnome to give me a couple of doors from their computerised warehouse picker thingy (every thing else I had been able to just take from the shelves - why these two, low value, items were specifically unavailable is a complete mystery, but heigh ho! that the Swedes for you Sad
As I was waiting for the button-pusher to push his buttons, am English prog-rock track started up on the in-store musak system. I instantly recognised it from my student days thirty <ahem> years ago. Even though I can't recall ever hearing it since, and I had left my copy of the album with a friend and never got round to getting it back from her, I could still get the lyrics pretty much word-perfect.
I even hit the name of the album (Salisbury) and almost got the name of the track (Lady in Black)¹. The only thing I missed was the band. I thought it was Wishbone Ash, but Google & El Tubo tell me it was Uriah Heep.

So if you're from that era give it a listen. The first hit for "uriah heep lady in black" comes up with a pretty close rendition to the album track. Happy memories of days in a 2nd year student flat. Beats IKEA any day. Very Happy

[1] No, you lot. It was NOT Chris Re or Chris de Burgh Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by pete_l on Wed May 08, 2013 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total

pete_l

http://www.pete-lynch.com/la_casa.html

Back to top Go down

Funny thing: memory Empty Re: Funny thing: memory

Post by Blatantadvertising.com Tue May 07, 2013 11:34 pm

Very 'Eavy Very 'Umble
Blatantadvertising.com
Blatantadvertising.com

Back to top Go down

Funny thing: memory Empty Re: Funny thing: memory