The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andaluz Chicken - Free to good home

5 posters

Go down

Andaluz Chicken - Free to good home Empty Andaluz Chicken - Free to good home

Post by Twisted Fire Starter Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:25 am

One of our chickens just doesn't get on with the others, we've tried all sorts but have had to separate her from the others again. She's a beautiful looking bird, a good layer and is very friendly, but for her welfare she has to have a new home.

Any takers?
Twisted Fire Starter
Twisted Fire Starter

Back to top Go down

Andaluz Chicken - Free to good home Empty Andaluz Chicken

Post by dorrit Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:41 pm

If you are still looking for a place for your poor chicken I would be happy to give her a new home. I have an 'old girl' who could do with a bit of company and hopefully won't bullly her! Very Happy Maybe we could meet up in Baza to complete the adoption process. As I live not far from the town just let me know when and where.

dorrit

Back to top Go down

Andaluz Chicken - Free to good home Empty Re: Andaluz Chicken - Free to good home

Post by PEDRO JAMES Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:11 pm

We have 3 old girls and really looked after well and spoilt beyond belief,so if anything goes wrong with the new home let us know and we may be able to help...Pedro
PEDRO JAMES
PEDRO JAMES

Back to top Go down

Andaluz Chicken - Free to good home Empty Re: Andaluz Chicken - Free to good home

Post by Twisted Fire Starter Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:23 am

Just to be clear, because I don't think my first post was, this chicken appears to be the bully, not the other way around.

She is a great girl, I carried her down to the veg garden yesterday and she had a great time whilst we worked down there. We really would love to keep her, but for her welfare we have to find a new home.
Twisted Fire Starter
Twisted Fire Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by PEDRO JAMES Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:14 pm

Thanks for getting back to us...Sorry but we will have to pass on having her if she,s a bit of a bully...sorry to waste your time...Pedro
PEDRO JAMES
PEDRO JAMES

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisted Fire Starter Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:35 pm

No time wasted here PJ. Evil or Very Mad Thanks for the re-post.
Twisted Fire Starter
Twisted Fire Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by dorrit Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:14 pm

Oh dear what a poor girl she is, unfortunately, I had better not take the chance on her just incase my old girl can't cope with her...sorry. I do hope you find somewhere for her soon. Sad

dorrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Gobiker56 Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:42 pm

I know nothing about chickens, are they OK living on their own?
Gobiker56
Gobiker56

http://cuevaleon.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisted Fire Starter Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:11 pm

Well we all have to start somewhere Gordon. In an ideal world you'd want more than one, but this one is quite happy on her own and she doesn't mind being picked up, carried, stroked etc. She would need somewhere to sleep safely at night as well as fresh water 24hrs a day and a variety of food. If you have an enclosed garden area she'll quite happily dig you some holes, eat the ants and other insects.
This one has quite a story to her life, she started bullying the others but they rebelled, almost pecking her head through to brain. They then tried to drown her (I kid you not) and when I found her she was submerged in a bucket with one of the others standing on her. I managed to revive her and moved her into the caravan. Then on cleaning day she was put into a large dog cage for a while, then we heard some squawking so ran outside to find that one of the foster dogs had tried to pull her through the bars of the cage. She was upside down with a badly bitten wing. We nursed her back to health......again and during this period she just got really friendly. We tried to integrate her again when the new Chicken Palace was finally built, but it's pretty much the same old story, they just don't like each other. So we moved her back into the caravan where she is now.
DeeDee is very hardy (she does come when called too)and we now call her the stunt chicken, as after what she's been through it's quite remarkable she's still popping out eggs daily.
Twisted Fire Starter
Twisted Fire Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiny Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:13 pm

Wow you make a film out poor DeeDee life!

Good luck in finding her a home!

Shiny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down