The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heartbreaking & Barneys new start (topics merged)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Heartbreaking & Barneys new start (topics merged) Empty Heartbreaking & Barneys new start (topics merged)

Post by bantams56 Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:39 pm

Heartbreaking & Barneys new start (topics merged) 00311

Last night this little dog turned up on our doorstep. We heard him whimpering at the door. (we live on the campo just outside Galera). He/she (we think it is probably male but can't tell because he is so matted) is in such a sorry state as you can see from the photo although he has a lovely gentle temperament.Whilst he has obviously been abandoned we noticed he is wearing a scalibor collar which leads us to think he may have been a pet to a british family. We wondered if anyone may recognise him. We have been in contact with Pat who does a lot of work for El Capricho and she suggested that we post details on the forum. We know that El Capricho is full at the moment. Any info/advice would be gratefully received.
bantams56
bantams56

Back to top Go down

Heartbreaking & Barneys new start (topics merged) Empty Re: Heartbreaking & Barneys new start (topics merged)

Post by cavern Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:03 pm

If anybody thinks they maybe able to foster him please let me know . I will personally get him looking like the handsome boy I am sure he is under those mats .

Firstly we have to make sure he isn't chipped with a scalibor collars somone at least cared enough for him at one time , he maybe just lost and wandering for sometime , so if you think you may recognise him from the past let me know .

Thanks Bantam56 for sharing the pic .
cavern
cavern

http://www.piablepebble.wix.com/cuevas-bazavista

Back to top Go down

Heartbreaking & Barneys new start (topics merged) Empty Re: Heartbreaking & Barneys new start (topics merged)

Post by Dave Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:39 pm

Shocking! I would guess that its an English pet too. Lets hope this gets a result pronto! Sorted out he or she would be a fabulous dog. I wonder if its been chipped?

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way when you judge him, you will be a mile away, and have his shoes...

Heartbreaking & Barneys new start (topics merged) 8851
Dave
Dave
Admin

https://caveliving.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cavern Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:08 pm

Well It's a BOY !!!!!!!! But the photo no where near covers how bad the state of his coat is , poor little lad. I have attempted a bit and freed his head from matts and seeds but the groomer who helps El Capricho A LOT !!! has heroically offered her services for what could be at least 3 to 4 hours tonight .

He is chipped but that was a waste of time as it has not been registered but at least if he ever does find his forever home we can just register it in their name, bit of cash saved. He has been castrated but the vet hinted maybe not by a professional affraid oh and muggings here has offered to foster him, as he is the sweetest boy I have ever met.

That was the good news now for the bad, he has tested positive for leishmania Crying or Very sad that has made it a difficult decision to if we continue to try and give him the life this sweetheart deserves . Thankfully because BARNEY is not so bad , bloodwork was done and it hasn't affected his kidneys at all , we have decided that he should deserve a chance , Francisco the vet agrees and he is willing to give him the treatment for a reduced cost of 130 euros . This was something I was going to start in the New Year but is there anybody willing to sponser Barney ???? to make it easy in this case are there 5 people out there that will give a one off payment of 26 euros to see him through this treatment , I will give monthly reports on him exclusively to you for a year or until he leaves our care for a forever home , maybe as a Christmas gift for someone and they will know that they have helped saved his life - not a bad deal honest .

I will post photos later of before and after the groomers .
cavern
cavern

Back to top Go down

Post by Cavernícola Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:17 pm

PM sent.
Cavernícola
Cavernícola

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:41 pm

Im in for 26 euros as an extra birthday present for Carole. Would you like me to paypal it to El Cap?
What a great idea, a present every month for a year.
Thats less than 3 euros a month
Dave
Dave
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisted Fire Starter Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:24 pm

Can the vet who micro-chipped him not be tracked from the serial number? The registration is supposed to be done by the vet at the time of chipping, it's possible it's recent and the paperwork hasn't been processed yet, but either way the vet who chipped him may know who the owner is. Just a thought.
Twisted Fire Starter
Twisted Fire Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:45 pm

Twisted Fire Starter wrote:Can the vet who micro-chipped him not be tracked from the serial number? The registration is supposed to be done by the vet at the time of chipping, it's possible it's recent and the paperwork hasn't been processed yet, but either way the vet who chipped him may know who the owner is. Just a thought.

Exactly what I thought and said to Carole when I heard this earlier. Surely the suppliers of the microchips must keep a record of who theyve been supplied to?
Dave
Dave
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:47 pm

On a much lighter note and not to distract form the seriousness of this thread, another crime has been commited here socks with flip flops. Laughing affraid

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way when you judge him, you will be a mile away, and have his shoes...

Dave
Dave
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bantams56 Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:07 pm

I put my socks on because my toenail varnish was chipped !!

On a more serious note it is thought that the dog could have been chipped in the UK which would not register when read here in Spain.

Regards

Richard
bantams56
bantams56

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:56 pm

So, we are pretty certain that he was an English owned dog. I just hope that somebody reads this thread and is ashamed of their actions.
Well done to Richard, Sharon and all the El Cap people who have been involved in helping this ill treated animal.
Lets not forget that if this happened in the UK, the person responsible could have found themselves being delt with by the courts, and rightly so.
Anybody know of expats that owned a Spaniel and have gone back to the UK?

Dave
Dave
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:13 pm

I hope this chap isn't just lost. His owners must be frantic.

He is in good hands now.
Rosie
Rosie

Back to top Go down

Post by cavern Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:09 am

Well after nearly a 3 hour Grooming session, I can say I have had the most harrowing night of my life. The poor boy , this isn't just a recent problem he has had it going on for months , possibly over a year. He is a fighter or he wouldn't be here today, all his claws ,once she could get to see them, were curved and well an truly buried into his pads which had caused infections, so she squeezed out the puss. so David rushed down to Francisco's to get antibiotics. The poor lad has a broken rib, which seems to have healed and not giving him any pain now but it will get checked out all the same . As for the matts just absolutely unbelievable , I have photo's but I will sort some out tomorrow. I have just left him, (after an hour of him sleeping on my lap) he is in his bed in the cave , he has a nice log fire burning , food and water and most of all he has had an hour or two of constant cuddles from various people which must be the first for a long time , It just was not possible this morning it would have been too painful with all the nasty big grass seeds matted in all over his coat .

I still wonder about the chip but at the moment , if I did find out who the human vermin was , I would do a DIY job on his balls and break a few ribs and that would be just for starters .
cavern
cavern

Back to top Go down

Post by bantams56 Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:51 am

He is an amazing boy and such a dear soul. Thank goodness he turned up when he did. He so deserves all the love and care he is getting after what he has been through. I love you
bantams56
bantams56

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:29 am

bantams56 wrote:He is an amazing boy and such a dear soul. Thank goodness he turned up when he did. He so deserves all the love and care he is getting after what he has been through. I love you

and good on you for looking after this dog and not turning him away. You have just adopted Selena which is a fantastic thing on its own. Well done to you both.

I hope those who doubt what El Cap and its many caring volunteers do, have read this and understood how this dog has suffered, due almost for certain by the actions of an ex pat. 'Think on'

Hopefully Cavern will post some pictures soon, and if anyone recognises him or has any information please PM myself or an El Cap volunteer.
Dave
Dave
Admin

Back to top Go down

Heartbreaking & Barneys new start (topics merged) Empty Barney's start to a new life

Post by cavern Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:52 am

[img]Heartbreaking & Barneys new start (topics merged) Barney10[/img][img]Heartbreaking & Barneys new start (topics merged) Barney11[/img]
cavern
cavern

Back to top Go down

Post by Gobiker56 Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:59 am

Blimey, Look at all those ticks, never seen anything like it in my life. It's a wonder he has any blood left. Well done for caring for the poor lad. At least he is in with a chance now. Where do you start to get them all off?
Gobiker56
Gobiker56

http://cuevaleon.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisted Fire Starter Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:00 pm

Can we get his chip number? I want to see if it's possible to track down his registered owner from the UK. Perhaps someone here will know their name.

This is basic but might be worth a shot; http://www.pettrac.co.uk/

Last edited by Twisted Fire Starter on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : moonwave)
Twisted Fire Starter
Twisted Fire Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by cavern Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:05 pm

[img]Heartbreaking & Barneys new start (topics merged) Barney13[/img]
[img]Heartbreaking & Barneys new start (topics merged) Barney14[/img][img]Heartbreaking & Barneys new start (topics merged) Barney15[/img][img]Heartbreaking & Barneys new start (topics merged) Barney16[/img][img]Heartbreaking & Barneys new start (topics merged) Barney17[/img][img]Heartbreaking & Barneys new start (topics merged) Barney18[/img][img]Heartbreaking & Barneys new start (topics merged) Barney19[/img][img]Heartbreaking & Barneys new start (topics merged) Barney21[/img]
cavern
cavern

Back to top Go down

Post by cavern Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:18 pm

[img]Heartbreaking & Barneys new start (topics merged) Barney22[/img][img]Heartbreaking & Barneys new start (topics merged) Barney23[/img][img]Heartbreaking & Barneys new start (topics merged) Barney25[/img][img]Heartbreaking & Barneys new start (topics merged) Barney26[/img][img]Heartbreaking & Barneys new start (topics merged) Barney27[/img][imgurl=https://servimg.com/view/16426701/154]Heartbreaking & Barneys new start (topics merged) Barney29[/url][/img]
cavern
cavern

Back to top Go down

Post by cavern Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:27 pm

Gobiker , they are not ticks but really horrible prickly seeds of some sort , people in the vets were saying " pinchos " that's put me off pork on a stick for a while. Infact I don't think he had any ticks or fleas , doubt they would survive the matts.

Twisted , not sure that would be a good idea , David was not happy when a chip was found , in David fashion said " that is bad " 3 times looking at his feet as if someone had just died there , I am sure you know the David move Wink I think if it had have been registered , we couldn't have done anything for him or at least they could insist on him back at a later stage . I think he was relieved it hadn't been registered.
cavern
cavern

Back to top Go down

Post by cavern Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:40 pm

If anybody is interested in getting their dogs groomed at this groomers it is HUELLAS PELUQUERIA CANINA , c/ Casicas,3 Baza

It is beyond Mercedona, the next road back from the big chino. I can't recommend them enough. He got all the extras plus a shiny new collar - they really are angels and know their stuff.

I am sure Dave won't mind a little plug there Wink
cavern
cavern

Back to top Go down

Post by Gobiker56 Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:41 pm

Poochie has had a couple of those 'Pinchos' he's now got 2 small bald spots where he has pulled them off taking the fur with them. So I can't imagine how bad it was for that poor dog.
Gobiker56
Gobiker56

http://cuevaleon.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisted Fire Starter Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:41 pm

Personally I think it's a very good idea to check the chip number. What if the dog belongs to someone who was out here for a visit and the dog got lost, just because we know about this forum it doesn't mean everyone else does.

One would have thought that finding its owner would be a good thing, especially if the dog did indeed get lost. Isn't that what a microchip is for, so a dog can be traced back to an owner? I know the dog was in a crap state, but if it's been living rough after getting lost that could explain his condition and that it's not necessarily from neglect. I for one vote to at least explore the chip number.
Twisted Fire Starter
Twisted Fire Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:17 pm

Twisted Fire Starter wrote:Personally I think it's a very good idea to check the chip number. What if the dog belongs to someone who was out here for a visit and the dog got lost, just because we know about this forum it doesn't mean everyone else does.

One would have thought that finding its owner would be a good thing, especially if the dog did indeed get lost. Isn't that what a microchip is for, so a dog can be traced back to an owner? I know the dog was in a crap state, but if it's been living rough after getting lost that could explain his condition and that it's not necessarily from neglect. I for one vote to at least explore the chip number.

I would at least give it a try. I wouldn't know where to begin though. If tourists visiting the area lost him. This might be the culmination of a long journey for Barney.... Imagine if he DID have loving owners still looking for him?
Rosie
Rosie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum