The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are going to be shocked

+2
madaboutveg
Gobiker56
6 posters

Go down

You are going to be shocked Empty You are going to be shocked

Post by Gobiker56 Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:17 am

I ran across this site which puts the UK budget in clear format. After all the hoo ha about social security "scroungers" Just you look how little of the total budget is spent on Welfare. That's ALL welfare remember. We pay out nearly the same in INTEREST payments on loans etc. The figures speak volumes. they do to me anyway.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Gobiker56
Gobiker56

http://cuevaleon.co.uk

Back to top Go down

You are going to be shocked Empty Re: You are going to be shocked

Post by madaboutveg Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:30 pm

For whatever reason, the powers that be are making a lot of noise about scroungers getting paid thousands in houseing benefit, to a large degree this is bull.
The real situation is this, say you lost your job, you are married with no children, you rent a house for about £125 per week (average for our area).
You will receive as a married couple £112 per week this is for food clothing and all domestic bills, also for the first three months you will have your rent paid by the local authority, this is the bit that they harp on about, however, after three months your housing benefit will drop to a set rate for your area, in this area it is £75 per week. So, unless you move house, 2 people have to live on £62 per week, the question is, why do they misrepresent the true facts? What have they got in mind? confused
I know from first hand experience that nobody lives in penthouse flats for very long on benefits.

madaboutveg

Back to top Go down

You are going to be shocked Empty Benefit

Post by Ken Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:33 am

Why should we pay unemployment and housing benefits to a married couple withouit children after three months? No matter what the job is, I am sure an individual can find work earning the minimum wage which is, 6.08 ph or 243.20 per week. If you are over 21.

And before anyone shouts there are no jobs. Have a look at the worst areas for unemployment, Birmingham Ladywood, Hodge Hill and Sparkbrook, 9% plus. Currently there are nearly 2500 jobs being advertised in Birmingham Job Centres, plus many other vacancies.

Last year I spent a lot of time in The Bristol area, and was amazed at the people using my local pub on benefits, many were doing cash in hand work, shoplifting and selling stolen goods quite openly. Most not because they couldn't or didn't want to get a job, it was their preferred lifestyle.

There are many genuine cases in areas of the UK where people do need assistance, and they should get it.
In regional areas of the UK, ie Highlands, North East, Wales etc., in the 50's and 60's young people had very little choice but to move or join the armed forces for work.

I would not like to see the Uk descend into an unemployment benefits system that exists in Spain. That is contribution based and then you get zero. Here there is a genuine need for assistance for the unemployed because there are no jobs available, and with the state of the Spanish economy I can see little changing in the future. One thing is for sure, the crime rate has shot up and will continue to do so.

The Spanish Police raided the Car Boot several weeks ago and confiscated electrical goods that were being offered for sale if the vendors couldn't produce receipts for the goods. That is a really clever police tactic, you are guilty unless you can prove they are legally yours. I suppose it sends a message to the public that they are doing something about rising crime rates, even though they are picking on innocent people. Rising crime is a product of unemployment, but why not get out there and be more proactive at catching burglars and thieves. There are enough police out there to man road blocks to seek out traffic offences.

Ken

Back to top Go down

Post by madaboutveg Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:52 am

The question I was asking was, why do the powers that be try to mislead the public by telling half a tale?

madaboutveg

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponderosa Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:01 pm

You will be OK now Tone Blair will be advising Labour hope they pay him a good salary and bonus or he will be coming over to the continent
Ponderosa
Ponderosa

Back to top Go down

Post by Imagemaker Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:49 pm

Ken wrote: Why should we pay unemployment and housing benefits to a married couple withouit children after three months? No matter what the job is, I am sure an individual can find work earning the minimum wage which is, 6.08 ph or 243.20 per week. If you are over 21.

And before anyone shouts there are no jobs. Have a look at the worst areas for unemployment, Birmingham Ladywood, Hodge Hill and Sparkbrook, 9% plus. Currently there are nearly 2500 jobs being advertised in Birmingham Job Centres, plus many other vacancies.

I'd just like to make a point - a couple, each earning the minimum wage of £6.08 per hour (if they are under the age of 21 it's £4.98) will not be able to afford rent of (average one bedroom flat in the south east) £550 per month and council tax of around £100 per month. They would also have travel expenses (even if they use the bus........heaven help them if they have to use the train) and then there are the (extortionate) utility bills........then, if there is anything left, they will have to buy food. I get sick and tired of hearing the same old garbage about how everyone on 'benefits' are scroungers. Even if you are earning these days, you might just - depending on where you live - have to ask for help.

As I have oft said on this forum: do not judge someone until you have walked a mile in their shoes.

Rant over .

Sue
Imagemaker
Imagemaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Imagemaker Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:55 pm

madaboutveg wrote:For whatever reason, the powers that be are making a lot of noise about scroungers getting paid thousands in houseing benefit, to a large degree this is bull.
The real situation is this, say you lost your job, you are married with no children, you rent a house for about £125 per week (average for our area).
You will receive as a married couple £112 per week this is for food clothing and all domestic bills, also for the first three months you will have your rent paid by the local authority, this is the bit that they harp on about, however, after three months your housing benefit will drop to a set rate for your area, in this area it is £75 per week. So, unless you move house, 2 people have to live on £62 per week, the question is, why do they misrepresent the true facts? What have they got in mind? confused
I know from first hand experience that nobody lives in penthouse flats for very long on benefits.

Madabout - the 'powers that be' you mention are the Daily Mail and most of it's readers who believe the bull.
Imagemaker
Imagemaker

Back to top Go down

Post by madaboutveg Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:33 pm

I think you are right, I have also heard tales of all the Romanians getting thousands in handouts, is it possible that this also is bull.
What are they after? Maybe they think we should put all people who fall by the wayside ( even temporarily) in work camps with showers!

madaboutveg

Back to top Go down

Post by Gobiker56 Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:35 pm

Thank you Sue, as usual, never believe all that you read in the papers, they have to sell as many papers and as much advertising space to get maximum revenue. A good scandal does very nicely thank you. We are losing our humanity fast. If you and your wife and kids were hungry you would do whatever you could to feed them, If sneaking into the UK/EU is the only option what would you do?. If you were on 30K plus a year and through no fault of your own found yourself disabled on under 100.00 a week how would you feel, then all of a sudden there is a big hoo haa and you worry yourself sick they are going to stop that payment, what would you do?. at least 1500 (yes 1500) have committed SUICIDE due to the mishandling of their benefits. Still, that's saved a few quid so no problem. I could go on but I won't. It's all there on the internet for all to see if they looked. That's my rant over too. for now.
Gobiker56
Gobiker56

http://cuevaleon.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:21 am

Yep, I read with interest, and yes I have been there, and got off my fat arse and moved to where I could find work, returning to my family at weekends, for seven years.
I think Cameron's capping of benefits for those who keep producing children is right. Last year we met a family on the campsite in Almeria who had 10 children, the oldest was 16. Nice people, organised, and I can understand, a full time job for both parents. I asked her if she would have more, she said probably, I cant afford not to.
Norman Tebbits rant of a few years ago, Get On Your Bike, was ans is in my opinion still right.
Lets sort the scum and scroungers and ensure that those who really need support are helped.
No more comments on this thread from me because I will get myself into trouble again.

Ken

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenny Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:00 am

May 2012 figures from the Office for National Statistics: 6 unemployed people for every UK vacancy, across the country.
:
JobcentrePlus figures for the same month, factoring in those who are on short-term or part-time contracts who would prefer to be on long-term, full-time contracts but don't figure in the unemployment stats: 10 people for every vacancy.

How are young people in areas of high unemployment able to get on their bikes to find work elsewhere if Cameron's crazy idea of stopping Housing Benefit for under-25s comes into being? Where are they to live until they do find work?
Jenny
Jenny

Back to top Go down

Post by madaboutveg Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:09 am

Dead right Jenny, how can young people get on their bikes without somewhere to live.
What about the young couples who get married and then split up, if they have no children and mum and dad is not an option, David Camaron would have them on the streets.
The fact of the matter is, no system is perfect and some people will abuse any system, but twice in my life I have been able to make use of it to set myself back on the road to becoming a tax payer again.
the first time I was 23, I found myself not only unemployed but homeless. If Camarons idea was in force then I would have had no salvation, instead the system came to my rescue and I became not only a tax payer but an employer. Recently I have had to do the same, My wife and I were the victims of a crime that ruined us financially so we have gone back to blighty and used the system,after a few months SROUNGING we are now just starting our own business again, without Job seekers allowance and housing benefit and New enterprise allowance we could not have done this. If the system gets any tighter I feel a lot of innocent people who one day could do well will become another sad statistic.
Please remember that in the days of the WW1 people did starve to death in Manchester many children died, the benefits system put a stop to this in the 40's, as soon as you leave people with no support the same will happen again, then the Red Cross can collect money in Africa and Asia to send aid here.

madaboutveg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum