The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worth a try

Go down

Worth a try Empty Worth a try

Post by turner Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:07 am

Our friends in Freila have "lost" their two dogs. The first a small ginger and white king charles spaniel type called Estrella went missing a week ago today, she has a collar but sadly no chip. The other one is a small black smooth haired bitch called Quin she has a chip and she went "missing" last night.
No pics available at the mo but if anyone has seen either of these type of dogs appear recently in any of the villages please let me know.
Thanks.

turner

Back to top Go down

Worth a try Empty Re: Worth a try

Post by cavern Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:21 am

If there is anyway of posting a pic or sending it to me on piablepebble@hotmail.co.uk

I can get it sent around on El Capricho's network, that way the Spanish will be aware of them and keep an eye out also. It would also help everyone on here too.

Positive thoughts being sent that they turn up very soon.
cavern
cavern

http://www.piablepebble.wix.com/cuevas-bazavista

Back to top Go down

Post by turner Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:54 am

Thanks, for that, I will ask them later today if they have a picture and then I will attempt to put it on.

turner

Back to top Go down

Post by PEDRO JAMES Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:19 am

By 'missing' you mean they could have been stolen?I just wonder, as if they were removed from their home, that may be the case.If the dogs were out and about in Freila its just possible they have been rounded up by the 'dog catcher'.We have seen them occasionally in the village, they never seem to take the dogs that need rounding up!!!!It may be worth trying to find out where they get taken, someone at Capricho may know, its a long shot but possible.We had a beautiful white fluffy cat (my daughter's pet)vanish under strange circumstances here in Freila.He NEVER used to leave the area around our home not prone to wandering!As we live here we will look out for them both.
PEDRO JAMES
PEDRO JAMES

Back to top Go down

Post by cavern Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:47 am

The dog catchers lair is behind the Pabellon de ferias on the Benamaurel road. I don't know the opening times - hate to even think about the place but it maybe worth going there and asking. Pedro is quite right any dog found wandering is a target.

I have also read that some dog pounds ( not sure if this applies to Baza ) will check if there is a chip but not necessarily try and find the owners with it, so don't expect them to contact you. They do however take more notice of a tag with contact details but again even that is not always followed up on.

If you have no luck posting a pic, email to me and I will post it on here as well as send it to El Cap
cavern
cavern

http://www.piablepebble.wix.com/cuevas-bazavista

Back to top Go down

Post by turner Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:34 pm

Some good news, the black dog has turned up, she was trapped in a water depsoito, (not sure if that's the correct name, they look like mini swimming pools.)
Pedro thanks for keeping an eye out, they did wonder if the dog has been taken but just don't know.
Cavern they are sorting out a photo today so hopefully I can get it sorted soon.

turner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum