The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Patriotic or not

+2
Amelie620
mikey
6 posters

Go down

Patriotic or not Empty Patriotic or not

Post by mikey Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:01 am

Talking to someone the other day and they said they would like to see france beat England at football even though he was english himself. Now me i could live here in spain for the next 50 years but if spain played England i would still cheer on England as i am English, i know you dont have to support your home nation but to me that just does not feel right going against your home nation.
COME ON ENGLAND
mikey
mikey

Location : Watching Torquay United win the FA cup (in my dreams)

Back to top Go down

Patriotic or not Empty Re: Patriotic or not

Post by Amelie620 Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:02 pm

The attitude of the English football players might have something to do with it. The obscene amounts of money they get paid is just wrong. It's all the Football teams that are paid exorbitant amounts of money, not just England. Their pay should reflect on their performance and if they got rid of the agents then they might just come back down to earth and get a reality check. Don't forget, France haven't lost a game in 21 matches, so they are up against a good team. Vive la France!! bounce
Amelie620
Amelie620

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:28 pm

Get your money while you can i say, how many people in this world would turn down over the odd wages for doing something you love doing? i feel it is wrong to support another national team just cos you can speak the language or live in that country, what ever next? even Pedro James wouldnt support a foreign team.
mikey
mikey

Back to top Go down

Post by top-bannana Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:43 pm

take their passports away and let them live in their adopted country, bet half of those that support other national teams still rely on ole blighty for work or handouts, disgraceful.
top-bannana
top-bannana

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelie620 Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:30 pm

Get a Grip! At the end of the day it's a game! A bunch of over paid, egotistical men kicking a ball around a field. I for one do not receive handouts from old blighty, but I do work there as there are no jobs in Spain, as everyone well knows. I speak French yes, but how does that reflect on me a an English person if I choose to support France in a football game!
Don't forget France ruled England from 1066 untill 1154, so you all may have a little French in you, hahhahahahaha lol!
Amelie620
Amelie620

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:13 pm

not a drop of french in me thankfully
mikey
mikey

Back to top Go down

Post by cavern Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:22 pm

When it comes to the World cup I support Cameroon - what does that say about me ? well I will tell you if you watch them they play proper football, none of this rolling about the ground pretending they are dieing , with Cameroon it is all down to proper football skills.

To be honest when I lived in Blighty I had no interest in football what so ever, Englands players are just a bunch of divas if you ask me apart from Roonie who is just plum ugly . When I moved to Portugal I followed them whole heartly because, and I know people will argue this point , Ronaldo plays again with ball control skills.

I now live in Spain and I know it will make the locals extremely happy for them to win and that is something I would like to see . So sorry don't give a fig about England, for me it is Spain all the way, failing that my farcebook mate Ronaldo.
cavern
cavern

http://www.piablepebble.wix.com/cuevas-bazavista

Back to top Go down

Post by Boothjendar Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:31 pm

Amelie620 wrote:Get a Grip! At the end of the day it's a game! A bunch of over paid, egotistical men kicking a ball around a field. I for one do not receive handouts from old blighty, but I do work there as there are no jobs in Spain, as everyone well knows. I speak French yes, but how does that reflect on me a an English person if I choose to support France in a football game!
Don't forget France ruled England from 1066 untill 1154, so you all may have a little French in you, hahhahahahaha lol!

and then,

From 1154 - Henry II (he wasn't a big man), King of England (to 1189) ruled more than half of France !!

So they defiantly had a little English in them lol!

Boothjendar
Boothjendar

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:45 pm

not the last time they were ruled by some other nation, remember when they ran away when the germans came knocking on the door
mikey
mikey

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelie620 Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:16 am

Perleeeeze, how many times are people going to show that card! I thought that would be in tatters now, its been used that often. If memory serves me right, France wasn't the only country that, in your words "Germany came knocking at the Door"! I believe it was most of Europe! They invaded, they didn't politely knock at any door. The people had no choice but to flee, it was either that or be killed. The people who did stay had no choice but to adhere to the demands of the invaders. That's what happens when a Meglomaniac wants to rule the world!!
Amelie620
Amelie620

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:13 pm

What do you call a french man killed defending his country? ... I don't know either, its never happened!
mikey
mikey

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelie620 Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:29 pm

Ha yeah really funny! Not! You know that is not true. tongue
Amelie620
Amelie620

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:37 pm

the first thing the french are taught in school is I surrender in ten different languages
mikey
mikey

Back to top Go down

Post by PEDRO JAMES Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:27 pm

HEY MIKEY...Not sure which way our support would or will go...we cornish pirates dont come cheap you know...bit like those over paid footballers...guess it,ll be down to the highest booty ya know...aaarrrrrhhhhh JIM lad...what times kick off against THE FRENCHY ONION MEN ANYWAY...is there something were missing...
PEDRO JAMES
PEDRO JAMES

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum