The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What a lovely surprise!

5 posters

Go down

What a lovely surprise! Empty What a lovely surprise!

Post by Jenny Fri May 28, 2010 11:08 pm

I was lazing around a few days ago while my son-in-law (an ace bloke and a great cook) was preparing dinner while simultaneously preparing my grandson for bed, when I heard someone say, "Devon Dave's here". I knew Dave and Carole were due to be out here at almost exactly the same time as my own family but my Iberbanda connection had been down for a crucial 6 days just before they left England. I'd wanted them all to meet up as my family live in Newton Abbot, Dave works in Newton Abbot and Carole was brought up there - and works in Torbay hospital, where both of my grandchildren were born (different department, but great place). When my Iberbanda connection was up and running again, I'd sent Dave a message, inviting him to call in any time, but thought he probably wouldn't get it as he'd already have left England and doesn't have an internet connection in Spain. We'd originally met about 3 years ago, when Dave relieved me of a bath which was surplus to requirements, and bless him, he'd remembered (sort of) where we lived and called round anyway. It was so nice to meet up again. Like others on this forum, I really don't like the idea of "forum outings" and have reservations about Forum badges (unless I could wear one next to my "Saga Lout" badge), but it's very nice to meet up on an individual basis. A few bottles of cava later, Dave and Carole wove their way to the quiz in Castilléjar and my sleep-deprived grandson lurched his way to bed. Lovely. They're a great couple and I love it when nice things happen unexpectedly.
Jenny
Jenny

Back to top Go down

What a lovely surprise! Empty Re: What a lovely surprise!

Post by Rosie Sat May 29, 2010 8:54 am

Dave and Carole did manage to find the Castillejar Quiz. They took part for the second half. It was really lovely to meet them. We had a great evening.

Strange venue that evening for a quiz. A local guitarist was loudly playing his strings off as Sally (Quiz Master for the night) was valiantly reading out the questions.
The guitarist coincidentally (?) ceased to play as the Quiz came to its conclusion. Consequently a more conducive setting is being sought for the quiz next month. (Might be at Sally & Kate's, Cueva Pedro)

Sorry you couldn't be out for a longer break Dave and Carole. Good to meet up though and put a face to some forum names.

Have a safe journey back to UK.
Rosie
Rosie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Sat May 29, 2010 3:43 pm

Yes, Dave and Carole are a smashing couple. First met them a few years back when they stayed with us a couple of times whilst cave hunting. It's lovely when our "guests" go on to become firm friends. Mike and I really enjoyed Wednesday night, too. Hope to see you out here permanently Dave and Carole.....take care!! x
Sally
Sally

http://www.cuevapedro.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Sun May 30, 2010 6:56 pm

Thanks for your kind words! It was great to meet everyone that we did, and sorry that we didn't get out more, but I was on a mission to get some jobs done on the cave. I highly recommend the pub quiz, it was a real hoot! I cant recall how mant times Mike told me about apartments, politicians and peacocks! (you had to be there) Laughing
If you haven't been to the pub quiz, give it a try, it was fab.
Nice also to meet Alan (SemiCuavas) in Fontanar. Thanks for making us very welcome and also thanks to Dave and Sue for the good evening at the fiesta. sunny
Dave
Dave
Admin

https://caveliving.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pebbles Sun May 30, 2010 7:05 pm

OMG has my Dad bored you with the peacocks too!!!!!
pebbles
pebbles

http://www.abiteofspain.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Sun May 30, 2010 7:07 pm

Far, far from boring Kate! lol!
Dave
Dave
Admin

https://caveliving.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down