The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

POLICE DOING GOOD WORK

+11
1940thom
Ponderosa
Blatantadvertising.com
Metaldunk
LUHG
Ian Sharp
Amelie620
Gobiker56
janga
mikey
PEDRO JAMES
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

POLICE DOING GOOD WORK Empty POLICE DOING GOOD WORK

Post by PEDRO JAMES Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:51 pm

The police seem to be doing a good job in Baza and Galera area...My vecino who is at the Guardia civil school in Baeza Jaen informed me that they have caught,fined and took the vehicles away because of legal documents not being up to scratch..He informed me that the police have a new system in operation and data base..At last the Guardia seem to be rounding up the fraudsters and goal post shifters...good work guys
PEDRO JAMES
PEDRO JAMES

Back to top Go down

POLICE DOING GOOD WORK Empty Re: POLICE DOING GOOD WORK

Post by mikey Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:57 pm

That is good news about time they did something good, maybe soon they will start on all the illegal SKY TV users.
mikey
mikey

Location : Watching Torquay United win the FA cup (in my dreams)

Back to top Go down

Post by PEDRO JAMES Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:05 pm

well that does,nt bother me as we dont have Sky tv...but if you are breaking the law then times up for some then MIKEY..
PEDRO JAMES
PEDRO JAMES

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:19 pm

too true too true, i am happy as my own vehicle is legal
mikey
mikey

Back to top Go down

Post by janga Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:03 pm

mikey wrote:That is good news about time they did something good, maybe soon they will start on all the illegal SKY TV users.
You must be a saint then Mikey, though I would like to refer you to your previous post , how to illegally get medical cover !
"If you know a farmer or someone who works the fields you can ask them if you could be on their books as an agricultural worker only pays 90 euros a month, you pay them the 90 euros and hey presto you are in the system" a bit more serious than having a sky dish Exclamation
janga
janga

http://www.littlebritain.es

Back to top Go down

Post by PEDRO JAMES Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:47 pm

A bit confusing this one as how can someone working for a farmer with a contract be commiting offence when paying contributions and taxes..sounds like a good idea if you can do it that way..I guess also a person working this way would legally be bound to inform the oficina for impuestos (tax office)...I suppose all this must be better than people claiming working tax credits and other care related benefits from the uk though, and living in Spain...Its quite surprising what scams some ex-pats are on..Again the net slowly closes in
PEDRO JAMES
PEDRO JAMES

Back to top Go down

Post by Gobiker56 Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:18 am

Not all on benefits are pulling a scam. In fact being here saves them money, as they can't claim housing benefit, Mobility allowance etc. etc. so saving the UK a LOT of money. Single people on State benefits/pension are the poorest, well below the Governments own poverty level figures. Anyone on Incapacity Benefit is entitled to earn up to Ā£26.00 a week. so if they are doing a boot sale or whatever they will still be "legal" as I doubt very much they would make over Ā£100.00 a month.
Gobiker56
Gobiker56

http://cuevaleon.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelie620 Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:15 pm

ThatĀ“s right Pedro James the net is closing in and it canĀ“t come fast enough if you ask me, these fraudsters are living on borrowed time!
Amelie620
Amelie620

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Sharp Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:15 pm

Let's not forget that there are a number of benefits that are classed as exportable and are legaly claimable here in Spain.Don't assume that everybody who is claiming is breaking any law!!

Ian Sharp

Back to top Go down

Post by PEDRO JAMES Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:26 am

I agree that all people are not breaking the law and live the legal life....But there are people here that return on the six and twelve monthly basis to get Grannies allowance,the care allowance,the working tax credit etc etc....We are drifting off the original topic that a lot of Brits ignore the driving of uk registered cars in Spain and are not legally covered when you are resident
PEDRO JAMES
PEDRO JAMES

Back to top Go down

Post by LUHG Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:17 am

Guardia are not interested in bloody Sky TV dishes! Why would they be?!

Also i do think people in glass houses should not throw stones Wink I think a lot of people here do what they can to get by and if that means bending the rules a little so be it.....why at the end of the day is it anyone else's business but there own.

I think there are too many people around here getting involved in things that do not concern them. I know plenty of people that are working illegally.....if they can do it fair play...it's not for me to take the moral high ground.
LUHG
LUHG

Back to top Go down

Post by janga Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:30 am

LUHG wrote:Guardia are not interested in bloody Sky TV dishes! Why would they be?!

Also i do think people in glass houses should not throw stones Wink I think a lot of people here do what they can to get by and if that means bending the rules a little so be it.....why at the end of the day is it anyone else's business but there own.

I think there are too many people around here getting involved in things that do not concern them. I know plenty of people that are working illegally.....if they can do it fair play...it's not for me to take the moral high ground.

I agree with you, The Spanish are no angels themselves, i for one have had dealings with lots of corrupts police, town hall officials & solicitors. I would have thought a sky dish was the least of the problems here.
Taken from Spanish living magazine :

Is having skyin spain illegal ???
Strictly speaking the answer is no. Its not illegal to watch Sky TV in Spain.

Even though you may have come across some serious doom mongers out there whilst on your quest for information about Sky in Spain, as far as we are aware there are no Spanish laws that restrict a person from actually watching Sky in Spain.

The only bit that's not strictly legitimate is that by watching and receiving Sky TV in Spain (or anywhere outside of the UK) you are in breach of the Sky Customer Agreement. However, the worst that could happen if you are caught is that your account is terminated (So you just open a new one!). You wont be going to prison and you wont be receiving any large fines.

As far as we are aware nobody has ever been prosecuted for having Sky TV in Spain. If you know for certain of the prosecution of any person(s) for having / receiving Sky in Spain please let us know.
janga
janga

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Sharp Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:28 pm

Well said LUHG,people should mind there own business.

Ian Sharp

Back to top Go down

Post by Metaldunk Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:04 pm

that's better...

just off to watch American Idol! Laughing
Metaldunk
Metaldunk

Back to top Go down

Post by PEDRO JAMES Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:36 am

Tell me if I,m wrong...With ref to a statement by LUHG he says about bending rhe rules slightly...does he and some others agree that a non legal vehicle should be driven on our roads that could put others at risk or even kill someone...It has happened in the past so lets have a YES or NO to agree or disagree....
PEDRO JAMES
PEDRO JAMES

Back to top Go down

Post by PEDRO JAMES Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:41 am

Maybe with MIKEY in the mountains we should make an allowance for him only as there is not a lot happening up there and must get really lonesome living with the sheep...mind you if we could get a special licence for sky then we should have a scale and pay per meter above sea level
PEDRO JAMES
PEDRO JAMES

Back to top Go down

Post by janga Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:55 am

Motor Insurance Directive 2009/103/EC
The EU Motor Insurance Directive 2009/103/EC is a fundamental element to the free movement of vehicles in the European Union. The Directive establishes a single market in the field of motor insurance. The Directive obliges all motor vehicles in the EU to be covered by compulsory third party insurance and ensures the abolition of border checks on insurance so that vehicles can be driven as easily between Member States as within one country
Any car brought into Spain must be put on to Spanish plates after 6months if it is not then it is illegal. To get a Spanish MOT or ITV the car must have Spanish plates. Most cars in Spain with English plates that have been here more than 6 months will be illegal they more likely than not do not have an MOT and the tax disc will be out of date and this disc as not meaning in Spain anyway. So if the Mot is out of date then the insurance will be invalid.
If your UK car is returned to Uk every 6 months and has a current MOT and road tax it is legal to drive in Spain.
janga
janga

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:05 pm

when i said about sky tv i was taking the piss really as the guardia have more important things to do than chase a few dodgy cars, if your car has a itv/mot and goes back to the uk every six months like mine does then fine.
Janga, you can get an itv on an english plated car.
UP THE MIGHTY GULLS
mikey
mikey

Back to top Go down

Post by Blatantadvertising.com Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:14 pm

Yes ITV centres will test a uk reg car but generaly will not issue a windscreen sticker and it has no legal standing whatsoever. It is realy a case of if your car is in Spain for more than six months continuously then it must be matriculated.
As to the fact that 'you can insure an english reg vehicle from companies in Gib or at the coast, they are quite happy to take your money but what will happen when there is a major claim. Personally I don't think it is worth taking the risk of a company not paying out or the authorities considering that we were uninsured.
Blatantadvertising.com
Blatantadvertising.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponderosa Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:20 pm

When we had our company and working in European countries for long periods at a time we were taking out green cards time and time again, then we had problems and they refused to renew the green card. We then were put in contact with the managing director who was based Scotland, he said why were we continually renewing the green card we explained our situation he said why make the problem when we could have a western European insurance problem over and save ourselves money, which we did. Problem over.
This was just another time when the basic insurance employee does not know there job in full.
Ponderosa
Ponderosa

Back to top Go down

Post by janga Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:52 pm

mikey wrote:when i said about sky tv i was taking the piss really as the guardia have more important things to do than chase a few dodgy cars, if your car has a itv/mot and goes back to the uk every six months like mine does then fine.
Janga, you can get an itv on an english plated car.
UP THE MIGHTY GULLS
They will take your money to do an ITV on an English car, but if you have an English plated car it’s not worth the paper it’s written on. Laughing
janga
janga

Back to top Go down

Post by PEDRO JAMES Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:06 pm

Well written JANGA and BLATANTADVERTISING ...all correct...The Spanish ITV only keeps the GUARDIA CIVIL happy here in Spain...its not worth the paper its printed on and your insurance company will tell you your vehicle is not legal with British plates and overseas MOT....So Brits bewarte you may be breaking the law or even worse not covered in the event of accident...you need to ring your insurance company TO CLARIFY THE SITUATION
PEDRO JAMES
PEDRO JAMES

Back to top Go down

Post by 1940thom Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:32 pm

janga wrote:
LUHG wrote:Guardia are not interested in bloody Sky TV dishes! Why would they be?!

I agree with you, The Spanish are no angels themselves, i for one have had dealings with lots of corrupts police, town hall officials & solicitors. I would have thought a sky dish was the least of the problems here.
Taken from Spanish living magazine :

Is having skyin spain illegal ???
Strictly speaking the answer is no. Its not illegal to watch Sky TV in Spain.

Even though you may have come across some serious doom mongers out there whilst on your quest for information about Sky in Spain, as far as we are aware there are no Spanish laws that restrict a person from actually watching Sky in Spain.

The only bit that's not strictly legitimate is that by watching and receiving Sky TV in Spain (or anywhere outside of the UK) you are in breach of the Sky Customer Agreement. However, the worst that could happen if you are caught is that your account is terminated (So you just open a new one!). You wont be going to prison and you wont be receiving any large fines.

As far as we are aware nobody has ever been prosecuted for having Sky TV in Spain. If you know for certain of the prosecution of any person(s) for having / receiving Sky in Spain please let us know.

SKY tv are licensed to transmit to the UK and Eire only and not to mainland Europe.
using decoders anywhere else is possible using larger dishes etc and is almost impossible to stop.
Sky have always been happy to take money off expats but the expat has had to supply a UK address and UK banking details.
Prior to that, Virgin Media took Sky to Court over several thousands accounts to single addresses in the UK that the expats were using and SKy responded by closing those accounts. (There wasn't many legal cards in the Costa Blanca area for a large period afterwards).
When freeview came along, SKY subscriptions dropped and a lot of the previous SKY customers reverted back to freeview and cntracts were cancelled.
I believe that it is only skycards which are covered by contracts and that is why BSB change them periodically.
I seem to remember that years ago in certain mountainous areas the only way to watch BBc and ITV was by using SKY boxes. This was a complete free service

1940thom

Back to top Go down

Post by tudorwin Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:56 am

I agree with Janga. There are to many do gooders, MIND YOUR OWN BLOODY BUISNESS

tudorwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:40 am

No personal insults please. No
Dave
Dave