The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yob ejected from a train

Go down

Yob ejected from a train Empty Yob ejected from a train

Post by Ken Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:24 pm

Did anyone see the footage on the news where a teen yob was thrown off the train for abusive behaviour?.......right or wrong?

Ken

Back to top Go down

Yob ejected from a train Empty Re: Yob ejected from a train

Post by mikey Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:10 am

bloody right i think
mikey
mikey

Location : Watching Torquay United win the FA cup (in my dreams)

Back to top Go down

Post by cavern Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:06 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
cavern
cavern

http://www.piablepebble.wix.com/cuevas-bazavista

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:31 am

Only thing wrong was that he should have been ejected by a size nine up his backside.
Whoops, am I allowed to say that? Laughing

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way when you judge him, you will be a mile away, and have his shoes...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Dave
Dave
Admin

https://caveliving.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by madaboutveg Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:25 pm

Absolutely wrong, they should have taken him to a cafe and bought him coffee and cake and had a little chat to find out what causes his behaviour, this is what they do in schools today, thats why there isnt any anti social behaviour anymore in the whole of the UK and Cinderlla married the prince and lived happily ever after. No

madaboutveg

Back to top Go down

Post by PEDRO JAMES Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:09 pm

bring back the birch and national service...the whole of the uk is now run by do-gooders,politicians that are so far out of touch,and brown rice and sandal brigade have brought the land of hope and glory to its knees..law less society where young and middle aged hoodlums have no respect for the law..bring back the local bobby with a big stick and give him the power to sort out these thugs..we cannot agree with cruelty and hard hand tactics but by heck this problem really needs addressing...how i worry for those good folk who will fall victim to the drags of society..people who fought for our country in two world wars must think all those lives lost were for nothing..some now two scared to walk the streets...pensioners locking the doors before dark for fear of intruders who not only steal the pension but beat them to a pulp and even death...what do the do-gooders say OH THE POOR MAN MUST OF HAD A BAD DAY,so we,ll reward the yobs with a holiday....WAKE UP BRITAIN THE FUSE HAS BEEN GLOWING SLOWLY FOR A LONG TIME...
PEDRO JAMES
PEDRO JAMES

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:16 pm

get in there Pedro, prime minister in the making i think
mikey
mikey

Back to top Go down

Post by madaboutveg Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:26 pm

The problem is that today in the UK there is no deterent, Pedro`s comments may be extreme but, in many ways correct.
We live in a democratic society, therefore the majority opinion should prevail, so if the majority say flog em, then flog em we must. Its OK the PC minority thinking they have the high moral ground but, meanwhile they fiddle while London burns

madaboutveg

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:05 pm

I cant understand why nobody has ever suggested bring back National Service.......

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way when you judge him, you will be a mile away, and have his shoes...

Dave
Dave
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Sharp Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:08 pm

Believe me those of us who have served,and in my case are still serving,in HMF,bringing back National Service would not work.

Ian Sharp

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:21 pm

It depends what they are used for.......

Targets up!

Dave
Dave
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Metaldunk Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:46 am

I think a lot problems stem from schools now too - where teachers can face court if they give kids a clip round the ear! I don't mind, looking back now, when I had a board rubber thrown at my head! geek
Metaldunk
Metaldunk

Back to top Go down

Post by PEDRO JAMES Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:26 pm

The topic can go on and on but your right some of the problems do stem from no school disipline and the teachers these days are powerless,again the do-gooders win again...one other factor and probably the main factor is the parents and single parent families that do little to show the children right from wrong..It appears a lot of parents take the easy option and tell the children to get out of the house...bung them a fiver and do not have a clue what they are up to...this i know is true as i,ve lived next to parents like this..Not sure where all this is heading in the years ahead but its not going to get much better in my mind...going back on the National service thing at least when you finished your stint you were aware of simple right and wrong day to day operations..
PEDRO JAMES
PEDRO JAMES

Back to top Go down

Post by Imagemaker Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:59 pm

I have been watching this discussion and I was wondering, what is your definition of 'yob'? The Concise Oxford English Dictionary © 2008 Oxford University Press defines yob thus:
yob - noun Brit. informal , a rude, noisy, and aggressive youth.

Having seen the full footage of this young man's ejection from the train, he was neither noisy nor aggressive - he was clearly drunk and only became agitated when the (huge) man manhandled him off the train. The young man's argument was that he was travelling with the 2 single tickets he'd been sold in error instead of 1 single and 1 return. Of course this point is arguable. In fact, the only person who was aggressive, was the big man throwing the young man off the train.

In this context, I would be interested to know what your definition of 'yob' is.

Sue
Imagemaker
Imagemaker

Back to top Go down

Post by miron Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:54 am

This seems to be getting a bit out of hand!
Of course Sam behaved badly - nobody could dispute that, and no-one working with the public should have to face swearing or other bad behaviour as part of their work. But I don´t think he´s necessarily a thug. Just a drunk young man who behaved badly. I think he should get a fine, but not a flogging (I´m such a softy do-gooder!).
I´ve just been back in the UK and it was OK - if you go by some of the stuff on the forum you´d think it was full of yobs and thugs and ´do-gooders´patting them on the head and saying ´there, there, you can´t help it´. I travelled the length and breadth by public transport (can´t beat Megabus and Mega train for cheapness!) and mostly people were fine - well behaved and polite. I travelled on 2 long distance coaches and 6 trains and didn´t see any bad behaviour.
As for ´the brown rice and sandal brigade´ - they don´t run the country! The conservatives do! (If they did run it, the UK might not be heading for environmental disaster in a few years time - as worrying to me as any increase in bad behaviour.)
Incidentally, my daughter at 17 was travelling on the last train from Leeds to Leicester a few years back, returning from visiting her grandparents, and had got the wrong ticket (she´s not a fare dodger or a yob, just a bit scatty). The ticket inspector wanted to throw her off at Sheffield cos she didn´t have enough money to pay the full single fare - where she would have been stuck cos there were no more trains. Fortunately a kind man paid for her. She took his address and we refunded him later. In my humble opinion the inspector was in the wrong in this case - I don´t think it´s ethical to leave a young girl alone in a city late at night with no money.
There´s sometimes another side to a story.
I remember well the canings and ritual humiliation from my school days, and my dad beat us regularly too for misdemeanours - I don´t think it did me much good! Made me timid and anxious and scared. I remember my friend crying everytime she got her school report cos she knew it wasn´t good and that her dad would beat her with his belt (she wasn´t badly behaved, just not very academic). We´re talking primary school here. So I for one think it´s on the whole a good thing that teachers and parents can´t indulge their sometimes unthinking (or maybe sadisitc?) tempers on children. That doesn´t mean you can´t be strict - you don´t need to hit kids to be strict - I´ve been a parent and a teacher in my time (among other jobs - so don´t label me just yet) and always insisted on good behaviour.

miron

Back to top Go down

Post by PEDRO JAMES Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:20 pm

MIRON .....Good comment but seems that you may have missed a vital point that you see in the press and on tv every day...muggings,beating,rape ,murder,of all walks of life etc etc....This is an everyday occurance how do you propose sorting that one out..
PEDRO JAMES
PEDRO JAMES

Back to top Go down

Post by miron Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:22 pm

Well.... I don´t propose anything myself - I suppose that´s why I vote - in the hope that more astute people than myself can do it. It´s just that i don´t believe that hanging and flogging will fix social problems, and I think it´s silly to blame such problems on ´the brown rice and sandals brigade´ (whoever they are - bit like these mythical ´do-gooders´ who get blamed for everything). I suppose policy makers should take some responsibility, and parents too. I think the consumerism we are surrounded by where everything seems to be about having and getting rather than sharing and living simply makes a lot of people really selfish, greedy and self-centred - the ´haves´want more and the ´have-nots´ want it too, whether or not they can legally get it. But I don´t really have any answers - much like most people I guess.
I do think fare dodging and swearing at a ticket inspector is a far cry from mugging, rape or murder - the latter crimes are in a different class by far.

miron

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:21 pm

On the news today. Same thing happened. Only difference was that the 'yob' pulled a knife and stabbed the guard.

Dave
Dave
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by miron Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:19 am

That is dreadful - as I said, in a different class altogether.
It won´t be long before we´re all searched before going on public transport.

miron

Back to top Go down

Post by Imagemaker Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:56 pm

PEDRO JAMES wrote:MIRON .....Good comment but seems that you may have missed a vital point that you see in the press and on tv every day...muggings,beating,rape ,murder,of all walks of life etc etc....This is an everyday occurance how do you propose sorting that one out..

It was ever thus..............just reported far more these days of news junkeyism.
Imagemaker
Imagemaker

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:47 pm

Thought this was quite apt for this post.

What price do we allow the wrong doers to get away
We let the do-gooders rule us
Rather than take a stand and stop them
And take back our dignity

At what price do we allow the bullies of this world to be
To be seen as misunderstood because of their lives
But I did not turn into one
Yet my life was no bed of roses

More like a dark wood

I demand we be able to stand for what we believe in
The attacked will see the attacker suffer
As they have
No holiday in the South of France with dolphins

I’d like a holiday like that

What message are we sending to the generations;
That evil gets you everything and hard work nothing
Attack your neighbour not love him
Because you’ll get better

Thou shalt kill and just get a slap on the hand
Become adulterers and disrespect your elders
Because it’s a world of me first! NOW!

But I want it different
And I want the children’s life different
Not so people will fear them, but love them
Not so that they live in fear, but in love

But while fear rules
Love dies
And anger grows
And hatred to
And me first become you last
And the soldier will stop and wonder
Was what he fought for worth it
And are we?
mikey
mikey

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiny Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:10 pm

Very poignant!

Shiny

Back to top Go down

Post by PEDRO JAMES Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:16 pm

nice post Mikey..
PEDRO JAMES
PEDRO JAMES

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenny Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:57 am

Of course yobbish behaviour shouldn't be tolerated, but it's not all down to single parents, ineffectual teachers and not being able to beat up kids. Like Miron, I was a teacher for a while and taught in some bloody rough schools, ending up teaching kids who were serving custodial sentences for rape, murder, arson and the like. I never had any discipline problems and, like Miron, demanded and got good behaviour. I found that children tended to meet one's expectations of them: set high standards and they met them; set low expectations and they lived down to them. I always treated my students (and my own children) with respect and they respected me.

As for the single parent myth, the vast majority of single parents in the UK are in a situation they didn't choose, because their marriages/relationships have broken down. The image of the feckless schoolgirl mother who's chosen to have children in order to live on benefits and get free housing is a minority cliché. I was a single working mother for years and my children are now solid, well-grounded adults rearing their own happy, well-behaved children.

When I was bringing up my kids and teaching young felons, my one overriding message was, "Yes, you may well have had a shite deal but it's the only deal you've got and it's up to you to make the best of it, 'cos no-one else is going to do that for you. You have to take responsibility for your own life and actions and whatever you do has an effect on other people." I never had to resort to physical violence to get that message across.
Jenny
Jenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Imagemaker Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:18 pm

A good post Jenny. I was also a single parent and my child never took drugs, stole or beat up anybody (nor have any of my grandchildren). I had guidelines and my child knew what they were and seldom crossed them for she understood what there would be consequences - I also never had to resort to smacking. I get sick of people trotting out the same old cliches to shift blame onto easy targets.

As the saying sort of goes; before criticising anyone, try walking a mile in their shoes.
Imagemaker
Imagemaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum