The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shame on them...........

+5
madaboutveg
Jenny
Ken
invicta
Dave
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Shame on them........... - Page 2 Empty Re: Shame on them...........

Post by Boothjendar Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:07 pm

Jenny wrote:Nothing humane about Communism, Boothjendar!

I agree so lets hope the current ground swell against Capitalism and the Occupy protests don't develop any more momentum then!!

''Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels predicted that one day countries would overthrow all governments flog the bankers and share equally''

Boothjendar

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenny Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:27 pm

so lets hope the current ground swell against Capitalism and the Occupy protests don't develop any more momentum then!!

Can't agree there, I'm afraid. The system shouldn't have to be one polar extreme or the other. There has to be a comproimise somewhere in the middle. Like madaboutveg above, I don't claim to know the answers but, quite frankly, I'm on the side of the Occupy protesters and would join them if I could.

Jenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Boothjendar Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:17 pm

Some extracts from the Melbourne press about Occupy.

In the recent general assembly meeting the crowd voted to lynch the Queen during her visit.

Concerns are being raised about what happens when the crowd grows to the tens of thousands and someone puts "Let's kill all the paedophiles," or "let's sink all the refugee boats" to the vote?

It is only a matter of time until the decent protesters of Occupy are usurped by hard liners with very different agenda's.

Boothjendar

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenny Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:29 pm

Well, at least you acknowledge that the Occupy protesters are decent. Smile

Jenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Boothjendar Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:41 pm

Jenny wrote:Well, at least you acknowledge that the Occupy protesters are decent. Smile

Unfortunately even though the people at St Paul's may well be decent there is a precedent for this type of protest in London to end in disaster, Ian Tomlinson died during the 2009 G-20 summit protests, and even Charles and Camilla's car was attracted during the student protests of last year. Heaven help us if London Corporation try to move them on and the protest is Hijacked by the already post London Riot disenfranchised youth!!

I fear, after watching some of the Wall St footage things won't end well!!

Boothjendar

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenny Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:52 pm

Yes, of course there's the potential for thuggery on all sides. Ian Tomlinson wasn't a protester but an uninvolved passer-by who was killed by a rogue cop, and I can't see why Charles & Camilla should be shielded from the realities of ordinary life. They, of course, haven't had any problems in affording tuition fees for their respective offspring.

People have to have the freedom to protest against unfairness. That's one of the things our parents fought for. Trouble is, the Occupy protesters haven't got the answers, either.
Jenny
Jenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Boothjendar Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:01 pm

Perhaps Julian Assange will have passed on some of his wisdom during his address lol!

Anyway far more important is ''Should the leadership of the Public Sector Unions force their membership to strike, thus inflicting even more hardship on all those hard-working people who's taxes pay for their pensions???'
Boothjendar
Boothjendar

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenny Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:15 pm

Stop trolling, Boothy, and go to bed! Evil or Very Mad
Jenny
Jenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Boothjendar Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:18 pm

OK, have to entertain myself somehow Jenny not back till 2morrow, all the fun will be over then. Nite Nite Very Happy
Boothjendar
Boothjendar

Back to top Go down

Post by madaboutveg Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:09 am

I said that I belived in profit, communists do not.
I find that most people with views like those expressed on here seem to have a change of heart when they become a victim of the system they wished for.

madaboutveg

Back to top Go down

Post by Boothjendar Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:25 am

''passer-by who was killed by a rogue cop''

Was he really a rogue cop or simply a man in a difficult situation who exercised poor judgement. Certainly when he woke up that morning the first thought on him mind wasn't to kill someone.!!!!

Boothjendar
Boothjendar

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenny Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:30 am

Of course not, but he had a history of anger management problems and inappropriate behaviour and had been removed from the Met before returning, first to a desk job and then to "active" duty. I read every published word of the transcript of his trial and all the background information. His brief that day was to remain inside the van and not to engage with the protesters. He had absolutely no authority to be in physical contact with Ian Tomlinson or anyone else, and he'd removed his identifying number from his uniform. But his superiors were as guilty of poor judgement as he was - he should never have been let loose within a mile of a demonstration, given his known previous form.

madaboutveg - I don't think anyone here's been advocating communism. I quite agree that profit's a necessary incentive.
Jenny
Jenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponderosa Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:15 pm

Boothjendar wrote:I couldn't care less about how much the Bankers pay themselves either in Bonuses or Salary, after all its their shareholders who ultimately decide and it is paid from Company profits not MY pocket.

No.1
The world would seam to be only interested in money not quality of life for everyone and this will not change until the thought changes. PM’s and Banks are one of the worst.

I had a contract for Holland and doing the work in Bournemouth the money was paid into our Barclays bank and we routinely paid the men,
One day I got a call from our bank manager telling us to come in and see him, he said the company in Holland had not paid us out for some time, to cut a long story short our partner and we had to put our houses up to guaranty the loan at the bank to pay the men wages, the bank charged us 16% interest.
We felt we lost face when we had to ask the Dutch company to check they had made the payments, The Dutch company said the monies had been transferred as usual. After a period of time the bank manager phoned us and said they had found our money it was in Barclays international in Southampton”. And we never got the 16% back and it would seem they made money on our money while they had it.

No.2
This was our money not thiers=
We had money invested with HSBC and they kept sending our post to a tray on the counter of our local post office, we asked them not to do that as we didn’t want everyone seeing our private post.
They said “We do not sent post to post boxes”. So we changed our bank.
The banks are = BASTERDS.
Ponderosa
Ponderosa

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenny Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:06 pm

Talking about profit . . . .

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Jenny
Jenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum