The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dog in Galera

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Dog in Galera - Page 3 Empty Re: Dog in Galera

Post by Dave Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:32 pm

Its there for me, and a fine looking pooch he is too!

Dave
Admin

https://caveliving.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cave Bunny Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:36 pm

I think my connection is playing up, will try again later.

Cave Bunny

Back to top Go down

Dog in Galera - Page 3 Empty Dog in Galera - Collar gone

Post by Gobiker56 Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:58 pm

He's come back after a short outing to wherever he goes - without his collar. It was on faily tight I couldn't have pulled it over his head, so how he's lost it I don't know. I'll get him another manana. He's always home now, getting used to it I suppose. No less smelly though!. He pulls all the food out of his bowl then eats it off the floor!. Waits patiently outside until I let him in and always lets me know if he wants to go out. C'mon somebody MUST want such a lovely well behaved dog?

Gobiker56

http://cuevaleon.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Blatantadvertising.com Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:09 pm

Have you considered yours is not the only home he has. Might be the better one but ?

Blatantadvertising.com

Back to top Go down

Dog in Galera - Page 3 Empty Dog Gone in Galera

Post by Gobiker56 Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:58 am

I hope he does have a second home and someone else is caring for him - just like a dog to get fed twice a day. Anyway never came home last night - dirty stop out. He needs an eye kept on his leg wound which is very slow healing. I love him to bits but can't keep him forever. Mainly because I have guests through the year, not all people like dogs. Also I am on a very limited budget so would not be able to have him sorted, chipped etc. and could not afford any vet bills should they arise. Finally I go out a lot on my motorbike and he wouldn't fit in the panniers! I'll look out for him in the meantime I wouldn't let him starve or have nowhere to sleep etc.

Gobiker56

Back to top Go down

Dog in Galera - Page 3 Empty He is back again - on his blanket.

Post by Gobiker56 Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:22 pm

Apparently a few people have seen him up near the water tower - there must be a "doggie club" up there. Of course Dogs are used to clubs. In fact before they attached themselves to man they all met frequently at the main doggy club, upon entry they hung their bum holes on a hook with their name on it in the cloakroom . Unfortunately one night there was a fire and in the rush to get out they just took any bum hole they could. Which is why now they are constantly sniffing each others to see if they can find their own..
Gobiker56
Gobiker56

Back to top Go down

Dog in Galera - Page 3 Empty Cool Dog

Post by Gobiker56 Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:17 pm

It's hot outside - cool in where the fan is - so head outside body in so he can see what is going on without getting up. Smart dog.Dog in Galera - Page 3 Dogcoo10
Gobiker56
Gobiker56

Back to top Go down

Post by santamaria Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:30 pm

What a wonderful picture and dog. loving this thread. XXXX
santamaria
santamaria

http://www.cuevasantamaria.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Two Graces Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:02 pm

I agree this is a lovely photo with a good description. I too enjoy reading about his exploits. I think he has definitly decided he likes Gobiker and I am not too sure if he would ever want to live anywhere else. I guess you are also conveniently situated for the water tower. A mystery still to be solved though, about the disappearing collar.

Two Graces

Back to top Go down

Post by medianige Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:49 pm

Re the collar, I think this dog has a little whippet or greyhound in him. Their necks are the same size as their skulls and so they slip collars quite easily. You can buy collars for sight-hounds (whippet, grey ound, lurcher etc.) that are shaped and cut specifically for their necks, standard width at the clasp/buckle but quickly tapered out to 3" or more.

Diglet, my whippet, first wore a standard width collar and it was always coming off. I was advised to get a special collar a) because he can't get it off and b) because they accelerate so quickly that if pulled up on a lead their necks can suffer serious injury.

They are expensive, true, but Diggy never gets his off when we're out. I take it off when we are at home, but then that is just good practice as you should always remove collars when in the home to prevent snags and potential injury.
medianige
medianige

Back to top Go down

Dog in Galera - Page 3 Empty Dog in Galera - back again

Post by Gobiker56 Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:50 pm

He's back again - all hungry after a 24 hour sojourn wherever it is he goes. I'll get him another collar later in week when I go to Baza. His leg looks better but it is a very deep wound, gonna take a while to heal I think. He's laid on his blanket pumping out noxious gases. I just put a scarf on him for the moment - one of my many motorbike scarves!. Cowboy dog. The name Fred is his temporary moniker.

PS Nice Bike Medianige. Is it here in Spain? Quality always shows through.
Gobiker56
Gobiker56

Back to top Go down

Post by medianige Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:17 pm

Thanks. Honda ST100P-P. Ex-police model. 20 years old but only used for training in compounds etc. and NOT maintained on a budget... Might as well be new apart from a few cracks and scrapes on its clothing. But who cares about that? Just cosmetics. Rides sweet as a nut, corners like you wouldn't believe (v. Low centre of gravity as tank is under seat) torque is unreal. I've had the gear ratios extended so it pulls a little higher towards the top of 4/5th. I'll ride it down one day. Need to farkle it up now. Got the Police antennae, the wiring loom, the lot, though they took the word Police off :-(, but people still slow down when I'm behind them, indicate etc., and filtering is a breeze...like the red sea! Hahaha.
medianige
medianige

Back to top Go down

Dog in Galera - Page 3 Empty Dog in Galera - gassy boy

Post by Gobiker56 Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:48 pm

Oh dear - he is really pumping out some noxious fumes now - How he lays nose to Bum with that smell I don't know! All suggestions gratefully recieved as to wether or not it is the Coviran Dog food or is he just a whiffy dog?. Also he may have worms, he has eaten 8 kg (2X4Kg sacks) of dog food in under two weeks (plus 'snacks') and has not put on any weight at all. Leg healing nicely though. Looks like he's gonna be a permanent fixture now . He's here most of the time now, even though the door is always open for him to come and go as he pleases.
Gobiker56
Gobiker56

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:44 pm

Nige - how do you "farkle"?! x
Sally
Sally

http://www.cuevapedro.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by medianige Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:00 pm

Hahaha

A farkle is an added accessory on a motorbike, particularly the one I have now, that the makers (OEM - original equipment manufacturer) do not sell for the bike and which the bike was not designed to have attached etc. It was invented at an ST1100 meet in the 90s. An example would be making a dashboard shelf to add GPS, MP3 player, phone holder etc.

On my old bike, I farkled a power supply for my phone/gps and also added a thermos heater and cup holder. The heater boiled water in the thermos as I rode, then you made tea and put in the cup holder when you stopped.
medianige
medianige

Back to top Go down

Post by santamaria Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:27 pm

ooh , smelly farts, when I got my first dog from Battersea, we were told watch out when changing the food, due to the stinky farts and sloppy poo poos it would cause, so maybe once adjusted to the Coviran, the mega farts will settle down xxxx

what does his poo look like? could also give a hint if there is anything underlying causing these stinkers, say hi to 'Fred' from us xxxxxxxx
santamaria
santamaria

http://www.cuevasantamaria.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:59 pm

No pictures! affraid Laughing

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way when you judge him, you will be a mile away, and have his shoes...

Dog in Galera - Page 3 8851
Dave
Dave
Admin

https://caveliving.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Dog in Galera - Page 3 Empty Galera dog

Post by Gobiker56 Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:48 am

He is now here more than he is out - definately at night now it's cold. Look where and how he sleeps it's his dead dog act!- pics from mobile so poor but you get the gist.

Dog in Galera - Page 3 Dogsof10

]Dog in Galera - Page 3 Dogsof11

Dog in Galera - Page 3 Dogsof12
Gobiker56
Gobiker56

Back to top Go down

Post by bigcol Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:38 am

He's at home!!!

Nice pics

Col
bigcol
bigcol

Location : On the high seas somwhere!! I've stopped drinking water .... I hseen what it does to the bottom of our boat!

Back to top Go down

Dog in Galera - Page 3 Empty Smelly bits!!!

Post by Gobiker56 Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:35 pm

I had to take him to local vet, he was licking his goolies red raw and his "pencil" was smelly and weepy! The things you have to do for a dog!! Well my guests arrive wednesday and they have just lost their dog, they will be moving here quite soon. I am hoping they take a shine to him and adopt him properly. I keep sending photos and news to them to get them primed.
Gobiker56
Gobiker56

Back to top Go down

Post by joboy Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:02 pm

He's gorgeous..but no, I dont want him, already got 6 of the little heart breakers. I did have 7 dogs for a while because our daughter rescued one when she was here on hols last year, but 'Loopey Luis' ( a Breton Spaniel) is now living in Wales. If you manage to talk your visitor into taking him back to the UK, I have the details of a really smashing lady who took Loopey Luis, for a reasonable price.

joboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cave Bunny Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:04 pm

I would be interested in the details of the lady who transported your rescue to Wales please joboy - I'm arranging transportation of a rescue at the moment and anticipate many more in the future. Please PM me with the details - thanks :-)
Cave Bunny
Cave Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by joboy Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:47 pm

grrrr..just finishing message and my screen blanked out...here we go again. Den is a very caring , dog loving lady. Our daughter rescued a dog (Loopey Luis) last year..broken jaw, two breaks in leg, ticks, fleas, multiple abrasions, badly treated. We were worried he'd think he was being abandoned again when we handed him over to Den...he arrived in the UK as happy as a pig in muck. Den picked him up from us then took him via Euro Tunnel to the UK. Our daughter met her on the M4 to avoid Den having to drive to West Wales, but Den does offer a door to door service. It cost 400 euros (which is a hell of a lot cheaper than flying a dog into Manchester or Heathrow, the only airports that accept dogs) and this included, cage, bedding, food, tick and tapeworm treatment and vet check at Calais and passport check. I cant praise her highly enough.
Denise Brown
PetChauffeur
European Owner-Accompanied Pet Travel
EU Live Animal Transporter Authorisation
Licence No: ATES01290001400
Tel: Spain: landline (0034) 952197187
or “ mobile (0034) 696233848
or UK “ (0044) 07875197021
Email: info@petchauffeur.eu
www.petchauffeur.eu

She usually takes pets and their owners but is happy to take unaccompanied pets. Her own little dog travels back and forth with her, which seemed to calm Loopey Luis.

joboy

Back to top Go down

Post by space man Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:17 pm

Joboy is she an Ossie lady by any chance??spicey

space man

Back to top Go down

Post by joboy Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:55 pm

Spice man .. I didn't hear an Aussie accent..but then for someone who muddles Irish and Scottish accents....I wouldn't rely on my perception. Rolling Eyes

joboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum