The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tarjeta socialidad

3 posters

Go down

tarjeta socialidad Empty tarjeta socialidad

Post by adelear Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:41 am

My mum who is a pensioner is registered at the doctors but has never received her social security card, I was under the impression that once I'd completed the forms that they would be sent off for a card, does anyone know how Iam supposed to get a card for my mum and one for myself, you all know what paperwork is like here

adelear

Back to top Go down

tarjeta socialidad Empty Re: tarjeta socialidad

Post by Ken Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:57 am

I had my wallet stolen at Alicante Airport last October and in is was my medical card. I applied for a new one immediately and it took six months to come through, apparently the norm´.
What you should have received is a letter naming her Doctor, health Centre Etc. That will also have her NIE and Health number on it too.
That letter should suffice for any treatment etc until you receive the card.
I would also ask your social services person at the Town Hall or Medical Centre, depends where you live.
I say all of this assuming you have received all the necessary paperwork from the UK for her to register.

Ken

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:38 pm

I'm still waiting for my card to come through, been over a year now, but I do have the paper to say which doctor I'm registered with, etc. When my Mum was living here with me, her card came through within a matter of weeks from filling in the forms. Nothing is ever straightforward here and it is the one thing I find VERY frustrating. x
Sally
Sally

http://www.cuevapedro.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum