The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is the other Dog rescue place still running in Baza?

5 posters

Go down

Is the other Dog rescue place still running in Baza? Empty Is the other Dog rescue place still running in Baza?

Post by Shiny Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:46 pm

Is the other Dog Rescue centre still running in baza.
In the past we have given to that one too. I don,t like to think that they are now not going to get the help and support that they have had before!

Shiny

Back to top Go down

Is the other Dog rescue place still running in Baza? Empty Re: Is the other Dog rescue place still running in Baza?

Post by Cave Bunny Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:23 pm

I really don't know Shiny. I know that their website has not changed for months. And as far as I am aware they were/are not a registered charity.

No one wants to take from anyone else, and every animal lover's aim should be to help the abandoned dogs and cats, through whatever method or charity. My interest is in the fact that APA El Capricho is official and therefore able to get in lots of doors and to educate, and 'eventually' help to influence and change the way animals are treated here. For example, last year they had a sterilisation campaign, which I hope they will try to do again this year, funds permitting. They are also active in preventing animal cruelty.

I also want to support and encourage the handful of Spanish who care in the hope that this will grow. In my opinion there is a risk that 'Los Ingles' will be expected to give a damn about the animals here, so no-one else has to - you only have to consider the number of dumped dogs at the boot fair! That doesn't mean to say that I won't give to other animal charities, even local ones, (and other causes) too.

I love you flower

Last edited by Cave Bunny on Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more brain fog)
Cave Bunny
Cave Bunny

Back to top Go down

Is the other Dog rescue place still running in Baza? Empty Re: Is the other Dog rescue place still running in Baza?

Post by Cave Bunny Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:29 pm

And before anyone comments to this effect, my point is not whether something is registered or unregistered necessarily (although working for charities all my working life I do like my charities to be accountable for their spendings) - it is merely that a registered charity has more influence and can therefore be influential in changing things. I believe re-education is the key here.

If we can reduce the number of abused/abandoned animals, less will need to be rescued.

Their education programme is why I have chosen to support El Capricho so actively.

xxx

Last edited by Cave Bunny on Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : brain fog)
Cave Bunny
Cave Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiny Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:54 pm

Thanks for your reply CB! I had never really considered if they were registered or not but because alot of others also used to help I assumed it was OK and they have helped so many abandoned animals I think they also deserve some support if they are still going. However I can understand that it is probably going to make a bigger impact supporting El Capricho with the Spanish people.

Shiny

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiny Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:56 pm

Annie is willing to put a donation Tin on her market stall to help with the cause! Smile

Shiny

Back to top Go down

Post by Cave Bunny Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:19 pm

We love you Very Happy

Thank you so much. Happy Chic and I are looking out for tins. If anyone sees anything suitable, perhaps they can let us know :-)

flower

Last edited by Cave Bunny on Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : emoticon failure :-))
Cave Bunny
Cave Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:55 pm

Three collection tins purchased and will be on a Ryanair flight from Bristol to Malaga on the 18th (In my hand luggage) xx

sunny
Dave
Dave
Admin

https://caveliving.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:08 pm

You'll need some stickers for them, they'll look like this.......

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Dave
Dave
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:09 pm

Wow! thats big Laughing
Dave
Dave
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cave Bunny Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:15 pm

Wow! Fantastic Dave - very professional Very Happy

Thank you so much

bounce
Cave Bunny
Cave Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyChic Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:58 pm

Wow Thankyou so much Shiny and Annie, that's special xxxxx And Dave a huge Thankyou xxxxx
We have had a few 'boot fair gear' offers, should be able to get a stall together very soon, they are desperate for funding. We are so grateful for the offers we have had, and to Sally & Ami for today's delivery. Also to Debbie at New 2 You, offering to act as a drop off point for us. Amazing people THANKYOU.

There are so many charities out there, I wish I was a billionairess - i'd give to them all, well the legit ones !

I have been involved with many charities for animal welfare over the years, some good, some bad. A lot are just on personal gain values, so I have learnt to be careful who I help and who I don't. The reason I am helping this refuge is because of the way it is run, on a shoestring by Spanish animal lovers. The ones I met made my heart melt, the care the dogs are given is amazing to see. Cave Bunny mentioned this place to me, and i went to see the dogs. The barking on arriving made my heart curdle - it was immense. 21 dogs in kennels, all with their own sad story. The dogs all are taken out of their kennel and fed individually, whilst the handler talks to it and strokes it. Time is spent with the dog on a one to one basis, the dog then has a 20 minute walk over the campo, the last five minutes are again spent sitting with the dog and giving it love.

All of the dogs are treated the same, the helpers take it in turn to clean the individual kennel and replace fresh water. I spent 2 hours in awe of these people on how they did all this for no personal gain and with such love and dedication.

Contracts are signed on adoption of a dog and you are taken to the vets to register and arrange what's needed.

They would be able to take in more dogs if funds allowed. The work they do and how they do left me speechless, I decided to help raise funds for them on the spot mainly as they are trying so hard to survive and doing so much to educate people as well. This is a real legit refuge.

Its so hard to choose a charity to help, I'd so very much love to help them all. At the end of the day who ever you help, an animal will benefit, if the charity is legit! Rolling Eyes Don't get me on subject of 'horse charities'Rolling Eyes

Many refuges have closed down due to funding issues, this one deserves all the help it can get.
Ps......Tin on way Annie, THANKYOU XXXXX

HappyChic
HappyChic

Back to top Go down

Post by pebbles Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:05 am

I will run a name card every Pure Indulgence Day for you

And I am currently making some bits to donate for you to sell on your stall xx Very Happy
pebbles
pebbles

http://www.abiteofspain.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cave Bunny Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:02 am

Lovely lady, thank you xxx

I love you
Cave Bunny
Cave Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyChic Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:50 am

Thankyou Kate thats really special xxx
HappyChic
HappyChic

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:19 pm

All ready to go! I hope they dont mind me stealing their image!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Dave
Dave
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyChic Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Wow Dave, words fail me, THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU So very much xxxxxxxx
HappyChic
HappyChic

Back to top Go down

Post by Cave Bunny Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:13 pm

Thanks Dave, that's fantastic! I'm sure they'll have no problem with the image being used Wink They look great! I love you
Cave Bunny
Cave Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:29 pm

No problem, ill bring them with me at the weekend and we can meet up at the place that we talked about xx
Dave
Dave
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down