The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reform Permissions

2 posters

Go down

Reform Permissions Empty Reform Permissions

Post by traineetrog Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:41 pm

My husband has shown me a news item about a couple from Torrox who obtained a renovation license but then rebuilt the house.

"Pareja encarcelada por construcción ilegal

Una pareja británica ha sido encarcelado en España para hacer alarde de las leyes de planificación. Hicieron caso omiso de los términos de su licencia de renovación de una propiedad y construyó una mansión de lujo. La pareja, de Torrox, en la provincia de Málaga, recibió una condena de ocho meses, una multa de 73.000 euros y tiene que demoler la propiedad."

I wonder if the authorities are starting to tighten up? We all know that such things are not exactly the exception. If they are being firmer, lets up they are fair and apply the rules to everyone, not just picking on the occasional unlucky foriegner or Spaniard.

traineetrog
traineetrog

Back to top Go down

Reform Permissions Empty Re: Reform Permissions

Post by mikey Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:53 am

I think they are cracking down on it as there are quite a few homes in the castril area under investigation (spanish and english) which are currently going through the court system, fingers crossed for those going through it that it all gets sorted out quickly.
mikey
mikey

Location : Watching Torquay United win the FA cup (in my dreams)

Back to top Go down

Post by traineetrog Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:36 pm

hi, mikey. I wouldn't say Castril was an area with big illegal build problems either (I do like Castril). There would appear to be more than enough uninhabited cortijos around to legally renovate with a project. There's some areas where there are numerous unfinished shells, new warehouses looking like houses or villa's in what used to be almond fields. All looking decidely iffy. Are they still working the quarries at the back of campo cebas do you know?
I have sympathy with people who have gained the right license for the work they are doing but you can't really blame the Junta for enforcing the law if people clearly breach the terms or don't get a license at all.
traineetrog
traineetrog

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:20 pm

Yep they are still working the quarries up there.
mikey
mikey

Location : Watching Torquay United win the FA cup (in my dreams)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down