The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting things sent over by courier/parcel post

+3
Rosie
Dave
littletrog
7 posters

Go down

Getting things sent over by courier/parcel post Empty Getting things sent over by courier/parcel post

Post by littletrog Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:02 pm

I want to get some stuff sent over from Manchester to Galera and tried getting a quote from UPS, but that was a hopeless waste of time on their site as it kept asking to fill in required fields which I had!

Has anyone used a company that they have found good for sending things over here and if so can you let me have the details please.

Many thanks.

littletrog

Back to top Go down

Getting things sent over by courier/parcel post Empty Re: Getting things sent over by courier/parcel post

Post by Dave Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:16 pm

Read Gayle's thread about sending parcels. hang on ill find it for you.
Dave
Dave
Admin

https://caveliving.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Getting things sent over by courier/parcel post Empty Re: Getting things sent over by courier/parcel post

Post by Dave Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:22 pm

Here you go, probably best to have a word with Mac or Gayle, the site mentions Spain to UK, but im sure that they will courier the opposite way.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Dave
Dave
Admin

https://caveliving.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:27 pm

Well, that IS a good idea!
cheers
Rosie
Rosie

Back to top Go down

Post by gilly Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:02 am

What sort of weight are we talking about? I have posted stuff to myself from the UK by Global value (think thats what the Post Office call it!) You can post up to 30kgs It costs about £59 for 30kgs. Takes 7 to 14 days. I just needed to pick it up from the local post office. I found it cheaper than using a courier (as the stuff was comming from Orkney!).
gilly
gilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Imagemaker Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:42 am

I have used the Post Office parcel service too and found it to be much cheaper than any courier quote and the parcels were in Galera within a few days. The parcels are also trackable.
Imagemaker
Imagemaker

Back to top Go down

Post by cueva ventosa Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:16 am

We have used this website [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
you put in all your details and it tells you which is the cheapest but best to choose Parcel Force as it gets delivered to the post office in Galera and for what we had delivered was cheaper then the Parcel Force website! Our delivery from them took 3 working days and it was trackable.

cueva ventosa

Back to top Go down

Post by littletrog Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:25 pm

Thanks to all for suggestions. Not sure on the weight or size, so will get my sister to do that for me at that end then I can get a ball park figure for delivery. Unfortunately, they are not items I can put in my suitcase either as they are odd sizes and probably cost a fortune with excess baggage charges!!

littletrog

Back to top Go down

Post by space man Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:38 am

Give me some idea as to the size and the courier who brings my spices over could help. He charges me 5O to 7O€ for up to a cubic metre. I could than take to boot sale for you on a Sunday. He is bases here in Piedra Amarilla. Spicey

space man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down