The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

The Elephant Dog of Isidoros

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Elephant Dog of Isidoros

Post by Tim Cullis on Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:51 am

You've all heard of the Elephant Man, this was the Elephant Dog.  He's been hanging around Isidoros for a couple of months and a kindly Spanish lady who has two dogs of her own had been feeding him.  

He resembles Chewbacca from Star Wars!  With the help of the lady I eventually managed to capture him and we started to chop away at the mass of matted hair.

You can see a wound on his side

Which turned out to be a lead airgun pellet.

The mass of hair we removed was bigger than the dog

And here's the end result.  He's had antibiotics for the wound which is healing nicely, he's had worming tablets, anti parasite drops, and a scalibor collar.  I'd guess he's 18 months old—slight plaque on his teeth.  He's house trained with a good disposition, and I believe he doesn't moult.

I'm going back to the UK in another few days so I can't keep him.  He left our cave and trotted back to his doggie friends in Isidoros.  However the kind lady is under pressure to ask the council to remove the dog which will probably only have one end.  Sad   

If anyone is interested in taking on the little chappie, please let me know and I will scoop him up again.

Last edited by Tim Cullis on Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tim Cullis

Back to top Go down

Re: The Elephant Dog of Isidoros

Post by Flying Dogs on Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:18 pm

Hi,

The puppy looks so cute after his 'Haircut' and it must be a lot cooler for him now.
Hopefully he'll soon find a Home unfortunately we have no more room here!! but fingers crossed someone will have room.

Flying Dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerryjojo on Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:07 am

Could you ask El Capricho in Baza if they would take him in ?? He's so cute, I'll donate 25 euro's for his care.
Gerryjojo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Spanish Recipes