The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baza Health Centre

4 posters

Go down

Baza Health Centre Empty Baza Health Centre

Post by Lurchio Thu May 05, 2016 6:30 pm

Hello All,

We are shortly to receive our Tarjetas Sanitaria to access the Health Service here. Is anyone registered at Baza Health Centre? We've been told that its just there for tests and referrals from local Consultarios, not a stand alone GP practice. Sounds squiffy to me, but would welcome your views and advice.

Thanks
Lurchio
Lurchio

Back to top Go down

Baza Health Centre Empty Health

Post by PEDRO JAMES Thu May 05, 2016 11:45 pm

Hi Lurchio.
The Baza health centre has an excellent number of very professional Doctors. Just register for one when you get your cards ..Its the same as all consultarios in villages around us. Same system same everything.
Maybe someone who lives in Baza can recommend a doctor in the practice. Sounds like you,ve been told an English tale about the health centre( maybe had 1 or 2 pops too many) Smile lol!
PEDRO JAMES
PEDRO JAMES

Back to top Go down

Baza Health Centre Empty Re: Baza Health Centre

Post by Lurchio Fri May 06, 2016 1:50 pm

Ha, Ha, Ha Pedro!!!!! Yes, theres a lot of it about and no doubt of that. Be nice to hear from someone with a recommendation, I take it that the Consultarios are staffed (when open) by Doctors from Baza in any case, then? Very Happy
Lurchio
Lurchio

Back to top Go down

Baza Health Centre Empty Quacks

Post by PEDRO JAMES Fri May 06, 2016 8:45 pm

I Dont think the doctors are the same as some or most of the villages around. But stand to be corrected.
But without tempting fate the doctors are professional and good but dont expect everyone of them to speak English..As i said above someone English in Baza may be able to give you the name of a GP that may speak a little or good English .. Maybe all the Brits are so healthy in Baza you won,t hear nowt. lol! Not sure. Pedro
PEDRO JAMES
PEDRO JAMES

Back to top Go down

Post by pete_l Sat May 07, 2016 1:16 am

PEDRO JAMES wrote: But without tempting fate the doctors are professional and good but dont expect everyone of them to speak English..As i said above someone English in Baza may be able to give you the name of a GP that may speak a little or good English .. Maybe all the Brits are so healthy in Baza you won,t hear nowt. lol! Not sure. Pedro
This is something I've wondered about. I've been told that to get a university degree in Spain, it's obligatory to have a competence of a "foreign language" (i.e. english) in order to graduate.

For exampe: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

pete_l

http://www.pete-lynch.com/la_casa.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurchio Sat May 07, 2016 7:29 pm

Yes, well we shall see. Typical Spain, our cards arrived this morning........ made out with the correct Christian Names / NIE's / Dates of birth BUT the surname on the documents and cards is WILLIANS! Can you guess our proper name??????????? Doh!
And yes, our applications and all supporting documents were in the correct name.
Lurchio
Lurchio

Back to top Go down

Post by pete_l Sat May 07, 2016 7:58 pm

Lurchio wrote:BUT the surname on the documents and cards is WILLIANS!
Heh. It's probably easier and faster to change your name than to get that corrected.  (Maybe that's how [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] got to be who he is)

pete_l

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurchio Sat May 07, 2016 8:41 pm

Thanks, Pete, very encouraging lol!

Theres a number to ring if any datas incorrect, apparently......... Good Luck with that eh?
Lurchio
Lurchio

Back to top Go down

Post by pete_l Sat May 07, 2016 10:35 pm

Lurchio wrote:Theres a number to ring if any datas incorrect, apparently.
Wot? 666 Twisted Evil

pete_l

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurchio Tue May 17, 2016 1:33 pm

Very helpful lady in the Health Centre sorted it in 20 minutes this morning, job done tongue
Lurchio
Lurchio

Back to top Go down

Post by PEDRO JAMES Tue May 17, 2016 2:59 pm

Glad you sorted it.. Job Jobbed. Good luck
PEDRO JAMES
PEDRO JAMES

Back to top Go down

Post by miron Wed May 18, 2016 5:04 pm

pete_l wrote:
PEDRO JAMES wrote: But without tempting fate the doctors are professional and good but dont expect everyone of them to speak English..As i said above someone English in Baza may be able to give you the name of a GP that may speak a little or good English .. Maybe all the Brits are so healthy in Baza you won,t hear nowt. lol! Not sure. Pedro
This is something I've wondered about. I've been told that to get a university degree in Spain, it's obligatory to have a competence of a "foreign language" (i.e. english) in order to graduate.

For exampe: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Slightly off the topic of doctors, but maybe of interest:
a) the B1 level in a foreign language doesn't need to be in English. It often is, but French and German are also popular.
b) Obtaining Level B1 doesn't mean that you can speak the language very well - enough for basic interactions but probably not for more involved communication. (My Spanish level is - apparently - B2 and it's nowhere near good enough to communicate effectively). Spanish people who really want to use their English in a workplace setting need C1 at least.

miron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down