The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fabulous German Shepherd cross male ADOPTED IN UK!

2 posters

Go down

Fabulous German Shepherd cross male ADOPTED IN UK!  Empty Fabulous German Shepherd cross male ADOPTED IN UK!

Post by OzziePom Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:21 pm

Hi All,

Update : Yes , Smithy went to his new adopted home a couple of months ago.  Thank goodness he got there BEFORE this heat !

I should have updated a while back - Just want to give everyone reassurance/ hope for those fostering other dogs.  It took me over 18months to find a good home for Smithy & his sister. But I git there in the end ! I know now they will both always be well cared for, loved and happy. What more can we ask.  So don't give up hope - post EVERYWHERE - register withALL the UK dog charities, talk to lots of people & don't accept anyone who wants them if you don't feel it's right for the dog.

In the meantime you'll be the priveleged one who gets to bring them back to health & all the training that will hepl them adapt for their forever homes. ...
--------------

Smithy is a truly amazing, gentle, big, handsome 'bear' of a boy. who is now in excellent condition. He is approx. 3yrs old. German shepherd cross, probably with mastiff?  

Smithy has been neutered, vaccinated and microchipped, he is regularly wormed, kept tick & flea free with spot-on treatment and is fit, healthy & ready to travel now. He is around 39kg, 66cm height.  His sister has recently been adopted, a perfect match!

Smithy is an independent boy who is happiest being outside with access to a bed & shelter. Although he is good indoors he prefers to be outside & will generally only be inside for a maximum of an hour before he wants to go out.  For this reason he would not be suitable as an indoor homed pet or assistance dog.

Although he likes a good pat he is not an 'all over you' dog. He doesn't jump up on people. Smithy has never been a 'chewer' he is not interested in toys, but a chest or tummy rub would be absolutely great.
Smithy is well socialized with other dogs, who immediately see him as their leader & protector, even when he pays them little attention. He is definitely an alpha male.

Smithy LOVES being brushed. He can be pulled around like a big bear rug & is trusting, even when having thorns removed from his nose!
He has never snapped or bitten anyone, but has a good deep woof and is protective. He has been extremely good with our few young children visitors.

He is a real pleasure to walk on the lead, he doesn't pull at all, & can be walked with one finger on the lead, although very occasionally, when he sees or is approached by other large dogs he will bark, growl & pull momentarily, but is stopped instantly with a stern command, & I feel this too will improve with consistency of more lead walking and a firm responsible owner. He is generally off lead on walks here.

He loves going for a run daily off lead (he wears a muzzle whenever we leave the yard, which he doesn't mind at all, patiently sitting to have it put on - to prevent him eating dead carcasses in the area) When off lead he likes to explore, often disappearing, then suddenly reappears like a ninja in front of you. Still amazes me how such a big boy can do this. He makes a wonderful walking, jogging or running companion.

Smithy responds well to his commands, he sits and stays.
He will sit & wait quietly & patiently when tied up outside a shop.
He would suit somewhere with cooler summer temperatures.

Smithy will chase cats when off lead, but will not pay them attention when on lead visiting friends houses.

Smithy was dumped at our gate with his sister, who has now been adopted, in terrible condition over a year ago. He is now the absolute picture of a very handsome, very fit & healthy confident dog who has a gentle self assured natured.

We are in Huescar, Granada, Spain, 18830. You are welcome to visit, come for a walk, no obligation. He is a great dog & it's important for us to find the right match for both him & his new owner.

Here are photos and videos of Smithy on this public album.

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0C5GH8MqJH3t2R

Please pm me, or phone 602 451 839
Thanks for looking!

Last edited by OzziePom on Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:31 pm; edited 10 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated descripción)

OzziePom

Back to top Go down

Fabulous German Shepherd cross male ADOPTED IN UK!  Empty Re: Fabulous German Shepherd cross male ADOPTED IN UK!

Post by Diamonddog59 Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:04 am

If someone takes her on I am quite happy to use Spayathon money to get her fixed in return or for a small donation so we can keep doing more.

Diamonddog59

Back to top Go down

Fabulous German Shepherd cross male ADOPTED IN UK!  Empty Re: Fabulous German Shepherd cross male ADOPTED IN UK!

Post by OzziePom Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:39 pm

Much appreciated Diamond dog, they have both been on  the spayathon list since it started.  Any chance we can get them both done? Happy to pay for 3 if we can get these 2 done. Our main concern at present is the male as female is on the 'pill' injection.

OzziePom

Back to top Go down

Post by Diamonddog59 Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:29 am

OzziePom wrote:Much appreciated Diamond dog, they have both been on  the spayathon list since it started.  Any chance we can get them both done? Happy to pay for 3 if we can get these 2 done. Our main concern at present is the male as female is on the 'pill' injection.

I am doing a run next Thursday and I could take the girl, the fact she is on the pill should not make a difference but l can check.

Either that or you could meet or follow me down their with both and I can book it at spayathon rate.

Diamonddog59

Back to top Go down

Post by OzziePom Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:50 pm

Fab! I've sent you a pm so I can contact you. Very much appreciated.

OzziePom

Back to top Go down

Fabulous German Shepherd cross male ADOPTED IN UK!  Empty Massive Thanks to Spayathon

Post by OzziePom Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:29 am

OzziePom wrote:Fab! I've sent you a pm so I can contact you. Very much appreciated. 

April 22nd Update - Massive Thanks to Diamond dog. Both dogs now spayed and neutered & totally recovered from their operations a couple of weeks ago. I've updated the description above. You guys have made a Huge difference with Spayathon. Not just for these two dogs but now well over 100 animals. Seeing first hand How dedicated You are to doing these regular vet trips .. & it's a long trip...every week, generally twice a week, for months now, & everything else involved that you do is truly commendable. A huge thanks for what we WoN'T see...hundreds more strays..

As the recent mild winter seems to have produced litters of 8-10 instead of the normal 4-6, I can't imagine the crisis level the strays population of cats & dogs would be in a few months if Spayathon hadn't happened. I hope everyone reading this will think again about how our lives would be affected here if this hadn't happened.. I hope everyone continues to give you the support you so deserve. Thank you Thank you, Thank You! cheerscheers:cheers:You're Awesome! 

OzziePom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down