The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Telefonica Spain

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Telefonica Spain

Post by Him & Her on Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:13 pm

We are moving over later this year (hopefully) and have o2/Telefonica phone contracts in England which its seems we cannot get out of without paying £1000.00 ouch !! that is gonna hurt so we have been advised by o2/Telefonica UK who will unlocked our phones that we can buy a Spanish sim card from Telefonica Spain and use in our phone and continue on with our contract getting the same call allowance in Spain on Spanish landlines and mobiles, internet etc firstly where is a Telefonica shop to buy the sim card and does anybody know if this is true ?? it sounds better than just giving the swines all that money and to add insult I cant find anything in writing to back them up but they are the big boys so dont stand a chance !

Anybody know anything please Sad

Him & Her

Back to top Go down

Re: Telefonica Spain

Post by Cavernícola on Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:08 pm

I think I would try your local Trading Standards office if I was you, doesn't sound right that, when is your contract due to expire? Not sure where the telefonica shop is here but probably Baza. Good Luck. Bob

Cavernícola

Back to top Go down

Post by Him & Her on Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:13 pm

I know it's such a lot of money but is a 24 month business contract and knowing big business like O2 they give nothing away !!!!

Him & Her

Back to top Go down

Post by Cavernícola on Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:27 pm

Sorry to hear that, no way out by the sound of it. Good Luck.

Cavernícola

Back to top Go down

Post by miron on Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:30 pm

I believe telefonica are the same as movistar ( they bought telefonica when it was privatised). They have an office in Baza near to the Mercadona supermarket I believe, but check first!

miron

Back to top Go down

Post by miron on Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:31 pm

But it may be something you can sort out online?

miron

Back to top Go down

Post by pete_l on Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:02 pm

Personally I wouldn't trust what a call-centre agent told me, just to get me off the line.
What do people on the o2.co.uk community forum say about this? It couls well be cheaper to either continue using your phone with roaming or to simply pay up and get the phone unlocked on a spanish tariff.

pete_l

http://www.pete-lynch.com/la_casa.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Him & Her on Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:29 pm

Thanks Pete, yes I need to find the spanish Telefonica shop to buy new sims then O2 say I can continue with my contract until it ends and get my same allowances but for Spain of course, do you by any chance know where there is a Telefonica shop ?

Him & Her

Back to top Go down

Post by PEDRO JAMES on Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:55 pm

Telefonica is Movistar now and opposite BBVA BANK. But found the staff not that helpful when changing to Orange for new service. personally i would steer well clear of Movistar..Maybe freeze bank account payments to the company,give phones back if necessary and say you cannot pay anymore..If your leaving the uk shores it will be very difficult for them to chase you up anyway. But as Pete-I says sounds a bit bogus info from a phone operator. Obviously if you need these mobile numbers for business then maybe a problem..

PEDRO JAMES

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken on Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:38 pm

Agreed

Ken

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top