The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Municipal Elections

5 posters

Go down

Municipal Elections  Empty Municipal Elections

Post by miron Sat May 09, 2015 6:43 pm

The municipal elections are looming, with voting on Sunday 24th May. (you might just have noticed a few posters and banners around the place). If you are on the electoral role (el censo) you should have received your voting card.
It's worth voting (IMHO) - the town halls have quite a bit of power and influence our lives for better or worse.
Without breaching forum rules, I hope it's okay to say that there will be a meeting in Castillejar on Tuesday 12th May, 9pm at the cine-teatro to present candidates. Beer and snacks afterwards.

miron

Back to top Go down

Municipal Elections  Empty Re: Municipal Elections

Post by Mariposa Sun May 10, 2015 12:28 pm

I have my card and will be going to Vote in Galera on the 24th - not sure who for yet!

For Galera voting is in the same places as a few years ago, in the bottom right hand side room of the Town Hall (where Pedro the Policeman usually is) and in the big room upstairs. Your card will tell you which section.
Mariposa
Mariposa

Back to top Go down

Post by miron Sun May 10, 2015 12:34 pm

For Castillejat folks there are two places: the doctor's surgery in Los Olivos, for those who live in Los Carriones and Los Olivos, and the primary school in Castillejar for everyone else. 'Mesa A' is the school, 'Mesa B' is Los Olivos.

miron

Back to top Go down

Post by miron Mon May 11, 2015 3:53 pm

The date of the meeting has been changed because it clashed with important football (gotta get your priorities right!), and will now be on Thursday 14th May. With a follw up meeting on Thursday 21st May. Sadly, refreshments will only be served at the second meeting.

miron

Back to top Go down

Post by miron Wed May 13, 2015 8:15 pm

Right.... my plan was to give people a bit more notice than is normal in these parts, but it seems like that was a mistake (tho my intentions were good) as the Los Olivos fiesta starts on Thursday evening so the meeting will be on Thursday 21st only! With refreshments.

miron

Back to top Go down

Post by MSA Wed May 20, 2015 5:23 pm

we also have our cards and voting in Orce
MSA
MSA

https://www.facebook.com/MSA.alain

Back to top Go down

Municipal Elections  Empty Municipal elections

Post by caveman666 Thu May 21, 2015 12:30 am

Went to the town hall in Castillejar last Thursday and asked why we had not recieved voting cards. We were told the reason for not recieving said cards was that we had not declared our wish to vote at least 2 months prior to elections ???
caveman666
caveman666

Back to top Go down

Post by MSA Thu May 21, 2015 9:03 am

you have to register first as a voter :

If already registered on the Town Hall register, an electoral census form should have been received. If it hasn't, obtain one at the Town Hall or download the form. Submit the form at the Town Hall.

Once registered on the Town Hall register, it is recommended to visit the Town Hall to verify inclusion on the municipal register and declare the desire to vote. Just being on the register does not grant voting rights, a declaration must be made in order to be included on the electoral roll. To be eligible to vote it is necessary to declare, "yo quiero estar censado," literally "I would like to be in the census," therefore indicating that the desire to be included on the electoral roll.

Allow at least three months for processing to be officially registered to vote. Approximately two months before the election, visit the Town Hall and confirm inclusion on the register. The electoral card will be posted to the voter before the election date.
MSA
MSA

https://www.facebook.com/MSA.alain

Back to top Go down

Post by miron Fri May 22, 2015 10:07 am

The voting paper that comes thro the voting post is for info only - confirms you are registered to vote and where to vote. If you didn't get one but have checked you are on the census you can still vote. Take passport and all other i.d.along with you ! Some political parties may have posted or given you a voting paper to vote for them. At the polling station papers for all parties will be available. Put yo
ur chosen one in the envelope provided and post it in the box. Watching the count later is fun too!

miron

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken Fri May 22, 2015 11:27 am

Moron, yes, I checked and we are on the list.

Ken

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum