The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New blood

4 posters

Go down

New blood Empty New blood

Post by Hewjardon Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:33 pm

Hi
We are in the process of making a move over to Huescar having recently bought a little land, complete with cave.
Have spent some time traling the forum and have distilled some super-useful infomation that is making preperation much easier. That said, there are still a lot more questions that I suspect only local knowledge can address adequently.
Anyway, just saying hello for now and looking fowad to getting stuck in
Very Happy

Hewjardon

Back to top Go down

New blood Empty Re: New blood

Post by Mariposa Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:34 am

Welcome to the Forum and good luck with the move!

Caroline

Mariposa
Mariposa

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:40 pm

Welcome. Any questions, just ask, theres loads of knowledge here.
Dave
Dave
Admin

https://caveliving.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gtclubman Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:36 pm

Welcome to this forum and best wishes for your move over to this fantastic part of Spain.
gtclubman
gtclubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hewjardon Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:41 pm

Thanks folks, we think the Alti plano really is a great area and suits our lifestyle to a tee.

Like everyone else that is new to the area, we have a TON of questions (even having read pretty much every post on the forum) and hopefully an equal amount to add. It will probably take us a year or so to transition from visitors to resident and in that time we have some ‘priority’ areas that we will need to deal with. I won't go into too much detail as I’ll be posting properly in the applicable areas of the forum, but these are where our knowledge gaps are….

Solar- we are off-grid and want to be 100% solar powered. We expect to have fairly high power needs, so this is going to be quite a project (and I fully expect to resurrect the solar/wind mega-thread!). Any help and advice will be appreciated.

Building a workshop- town hall planning applications, builder merchants, concrete slabs and construction. I suspect this will throw up lots of questions over the coming months.

Security- in the Huescar area in particular. As visitors initially I’m keen to know what the threats are/have been and advice in keeping a secure property whilst we are away (that doesn’t involve electrifying door knobs!).

Pool- we are thinking of a ‘natural’ pool, more of a ‘swimming pond’ than a ‘swimming pool’. Man with a JCB, block-work, waterproof membrane and shed loads of gravel, amongst other things….

Activity- we snowboard, kite-board, mountain bike, kayak, camp and hike and always appreciate local knowldge from other people that share the same interests.

Anyway, that’s plenty for now ☺

Hewjardon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down