The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Accountant??

+2
Ken
miron
6 posters

Go down

Accountant?? Empty Accountant??

Post by miron Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:19 am

Any recommendations for an accountant? One who understands the English and the Spanish system. Ideally not too far away. It's not essential they speak English, provide they communicate clearly. Thanks!

miron

Back to top Go down

Accountant?? Empty Accountant

Post by Ken Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:00 pm

I have used several here including a terrible woman in Mojacar. This lady is brilliant and speaks English, well worth the drive to Pozo Alcon.
Mari Carmen
ASESORIA TISCAR
Calle Úbeda 51
23485 Pozo Alcón (Jaén)
Tel./Fax 953 738 756
email: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Ken

Back to top Go down

Accountant?? Empty Re: Accountant??

Post by miron Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:20 pm

Can anyone recommend one nearer than Pozo Alcon?
They don't need to speak English - if I can't communicate in Spanish after 7 years here there's no hope for me!

miron

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:27 pm

She has an office near the police station in Baza, at the top of bank street

Ken

Back to top Go down

Post by miron Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:17 am

Great, thanks Ken. Apparantly there's someone in Benamaurel which is even nearer, tho I haven't been given her name yet.

miron

Back to top Go down

Post by Cats-R-Us Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:05 pm

Hi, Ken. Any chance you can say who the one in Mojacar is in case it is the one I am thinking of approaching. Or send me a PM. Thanks.
Cats-R-Us
Cats-R-Us

Back to top Go down

Post by miron Sat May 27, 2017 8:56 am

I finally went to see Marie Carmen in Baza! She was great - explained everything really clearly and was really helpful. And I'm due an 8€ tax refund! I would recommend her.

miron

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:03 am

I'm pleased that you didn't use the one in Mojacar, terrible experience, a rip off.

Ken

Back to top Go down

Post by pobo Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:44 am

another good abogado is Jose Maria Ruiz Castillo. He has offices in Baza and Granada, speaks excellent english and does end of year tax returns.
pobo
pobo

http://www.housetrip.com/en/rentals/150494

Back to top Go down

Post by pobo Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:12 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
pobo
pobo

http://www.housetrip.com/en/rentals/150494

Back to top Go down

Post by miron Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:05 pm

Ken wrote:I'm pleased that you didn't use the one in Mojacar, terrible experience, a rip off.

And I wouldn't go that far to make a tax return - what if you forgot a vital piece of paperwork and had to go back again?!

Thanks Pobo for your suggestion too - I 'm sure there's lots of people meaning to get round to sorting out their finances!
Marie Carmen said that there are tax insoectors working on the coast, tracking down UK residents who haven't got sorted out yet and fining them if possible, but that they haven't yet moved inland. Apparently form 720 - Declaración de Bienes - on which you declare your wealth, whether here or abroad (property, bank accounts, investments etc) has been declared illegal by the European Court under data protection guidelines, but Spain is contesting it.....

miron

Back to top Go down

Accountant?? Empty Accountant??

Post by caveman666 Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:46 pm

Ken, if that person is who I think it is and was introduced through the RBL she has done a bunk and gone back to the UK
caveman666
caveman666

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:02 pm

I don't know if she has done a bunk or retired. I think she is still here as her husband is still running a business there.
Just for clarity, she wasn't introduced through the RBL. IT WAS PETER Daniels and Associates that delivered the introductory talk and the Chartered Accountant used by him at the time was a guy called Wayne, who I believe was very good. He certainly gave several good talks at Baza RBL Branch. I understand that due to personal circumstances he had to teturn to the UK. The lady in question joined the business and subsequently a partner until Peter Daniels retired.
While I was self employed I used an accountant in Baza and later decided to use her services. My choice, my mistake!!  Cost me a big fine with the Hacienda because I placed my trust in her company. Ultimately my responsibility but used her services because they understood the Spanish tax system. The lady I use now is everything I want in a professional adviser.

Ken

Back to top Go down

Accountant?? Empty Mari Carman Accountant

Post by janaky Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:04 am

Hi
Can anybody tell me if Mari Carmen is still precticing in Pozo Alcon, I have sent an email with no reply and rang the telephone number  a spanish man replied and had no knowlege of Mari Carmen.  I have also tried Victorio in Baza as I believe she shared an office with him, he told me he has no contact with Mari Carman and could not give me any contact details.  Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks
janaky
janaky

Back to top Go down

Post by miron Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:14 am

Two of us used her earlier this year for the Declaración de la Renta, but her details have changed. I've found her hard to contact by phone so usually arrange appointments by emai. I go to her Baza office.
Her email: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
And phone number: 661275807

miron

Back to top Go down

Post by janaky Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:01 am

Miron
Thank you for the new contact details I will try the new email address, can you help me with directions to her office in Baza?
Janaky
janaky
janaky

Back to top Go down

Post by miron Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:54 pm

The office is on Calle Alhondiga, Baza. Walk up Calle Alamiilos past Cine Ideal on your left, take the next right which is Calle Alhondiga. Pass the Policia Nacional building on your left and the office Marie Carmen shares wiith Victorio js a bit further down on the left. Or walk down Calle Alamillos from Fuentes Dorados and find Calle Alhondiga on your left!

miron

Back to top Go down

Post by janaky Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:35 am

Thanks Miron, I know where that is. I have sent an email and hope for a replly soon.
janaky
janaky

Back to top Go down

Post by janaky Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:30 pm

Just an update

I have received a reply to my email but it came from Victorio he said Mari Carmen had forwarded my email to him because she does not work anymore.   I asked him if he knew another accountant that spoke English he told me Mesas Porcel who are based in Baza but he did not know them so does not know if they are OK, has anybody any experience of this company.
janaky
janaky

Back to top Go down

Post by miron Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:02 pm

That's annoying! Marie Carmen seemed to have a good grasp of the tax situation for people resident in Spain but still with income from the UK. Let us know who you end up using!

miron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum