The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Almond/olive shell burning stove (again)

3 posters

Go down

Almond/olive shell burning stove (again) Empty Almond/olive shell burning stove (again)

Post by Him & Her Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:02 pm

Sorry to go back to this subject, I have asked about it before and I have looked at all old posts on the subject but I am trying to find out about the stoves but can't really find out anything on the internet, like what do the look like for example, I know they are ugly but can find nothing to look at, we also want to know what size flue outlet they have we want to bring the flue pipes over with us, (we install woodburners in the uk) do they vary as in wood burners or are they all the same ? . Can anybody please point me to any related websites or shops near to the Galera area or even if anybody could email me a photo of your almond burner so We can see what they are like, we need this to supplement the log burner we will have and want to have this in our hallway, really grateful if you can assist. Thank you Very Happy
Him & Her
Him & Her

Back to top Go down

Almond/olive shell burning stove (again) Empty Re: Almond/olive shell burning stove (again)

Post by Mariposa Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:07 pm

Try a google.es search for 'estufa de almendra' and then click on 'images' at the top.

Here is an example...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

As they use the dried almond shells and can use dried olive stones too, they are especially economical if you have your own supplies.
Mariposa
Mariposa

Back to top Go down

Almond/olive shell burning stove (again) Empty Re: Almond/olive shell burning stove (again)

Post by Him & Her Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:43 pm

Fantastic thank you, shame they are so ugly, prefer the pellet stoves but can only house or small one and they look too big, more homework needed I think,many more help is much appreciated, flue outlet size etc - thanks
Him & Her
Him & Her

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:30 pm

try the place called Merano Comarcal in Caniles, they do all kinds.

Mandi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariposa Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:52 am

What about a small wood burner?  

This one is in one of my bedrooms and is only approx. 14" wide.  It runs off sticks and small bits I pick up around where I live.  I bought it in Huescar and it is really efficient and kicks out loads of heat.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Mariposa
Mariposa

Back to top Go down

Post by Him & Her Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:01 am

What a lovely little stove, interested to know how the draw is, do you get any smoking back into the room?? We supply and install woodburning stoves in the uk and would not be allowed to install with a 90 degree bend or travel horizontally more than 450mm.

The reason we want the almond burning is that it has a hopper to self feed and as an additional source as we already have a wood burner. Very Happy
Him & Her
Him & Her

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariposa Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:02 pm

No smoking, it works really well! The horizontal is about 400mm and then the outside tube goes up approx. 3m. It has a hat on the top.

As you don't like the look of the little Almond burners, maybe go for a small pellet burner - hundreds are available now online. Search again for 'estufa de pellets'. They are very expensive. Also, you will need to consider where you will get your pellets from. You could try to find one second hand (segunda mano) I suppose.

Caroline

Mariposa
Mariposa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down