The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Sandy beach

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sandy beach

Post by Him & Her on Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:25 pm

Hi,
Which is he nearest coastal sandy beach preferably a cove rather than a huge beach and how long does it take to drive there, also what beach is the nicest around lake Nagratin this is our first trip and want to go to both coast & lake, thanks in advance.
Him & Her

Back to top Go down

Re: Sandy beach

Post by Lurchio on Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:36 pm

Its a bit of a stint (approx. 1 hr from Cullar) Go for San Juan de los Torreros, which is next to Aguilas. Lovely beach, take the Grandchildren there whenever we are over with them!
Lurchio

Back to top Go down

Post by MSA on Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:05 am

for google maps, San Juan de los Terreros, Almería
MSA

http://www.facebook.com/MSA.alain

Back to top Go down

Post by Taught2BCautious on Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:37 am

There are two main beach areas around the lake, the first one - follow the main road through Cuevas del Campo for about 9km. You will find some good viewpoints along the way before you come to two 'beach' areas - the one to the right is for naturists!

The other is on the Freila side - turn left off the A315 just before the turning for Freila itself (it's well sign-posted).

Also worth a look, is the Thermal Baths the other side of Zujar. Not exactly a beach as such, but you can walk along the shore from there and swim in the lake.

I have been trying to find a decent coastal beach for my daughters when they come over with me - but we were put off by the high winds on the Almeria coast (keep your doors locked as you drive through Aguilas!).

I think I would prefer to head East towards Valencia or Alicante, and perhaps stay overnight to make it worthwhile.

Taught2BCautious

http://www.bisobodega.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Metaldunk on Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:02 am

here's a good site too! here
Metaldunk

Back to top Go down

Post by miron on Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:45 am

I like the beach at Agua Amarga, just south of Carbonaras. Sandy with safe swimming, and an area on the far left with good snorkelling. And several bars, ice-cream parlours and boutiquey shops!

miron

Back to top Go down

Post by La Mancha on Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:56 pm

There's a new beach area just to the west of the Banos de Zujar. It is Zujar's attempt to outdo the beach at Freila. Not sure when it opens but it has got a brand new seating area and a diving/jumping pontoon in the lake.

http://www.cuevademama.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by pete_l on Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:10 pm

La Mancha wrote:a diving/jumping pontoon in the lake.
Oh good. At last I'll be able to do what so many people suggest I should  Surprised

pete_l

http://www.pete-lynch.com/la_casa.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Him & Her on Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:57 pm

Taught2BCautious wrote:There are two main beach areas around the lake, the first one - follow the main road through Cuevas del Campo for about 9km. You will find some good viewpoints along the way before you come to two 'beach' areas - the one to the right is for naturists!

The other is on the Freila side - turn left off the A315 just before the turning for Freila itself (it's well sign-posted).

Also worth a look, is the Thermal Baths the other side of Zujar.  Not exactly a beach as such, but you can walk along the shore from there and swim in the lake.

I have been trying to find a decent coastal beach for my daughters when they come over with me - but we were put off by the high winds on the Almeria coast (keep your doors locked as you drive through Aguilas!).

I think I would prefer to head East towards Valencia or Alicante, and perhaps stay overnight to make it worthwhile.

Thanks to you all, what's the story with Aguilas ??
Him & Her

Back to top Go down

Post by santamaria on Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:38 pm

some great info here, I look forward to trying the one at Zuzar when it opens.Smile
santamaria

http://www.cuevasantamaria.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Spanish Recipes