The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ couriers ] Do not mess with the UPS

3 posters

Go down

[ couriers ] Do not mess with the UPS Empty [ couriers ] Do not mess with the UPS

Post by pete_l Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:17 pm

Before christmas, waaaaay before christmas, I ordered some electronics from a firm in Bulgaria. I got an email from the company this morning to say that UPS claimed my address was incorrect (it isn't. I checked and I *do* live here) so they returned the package from Spain to Bulgaria. They didn't call me and they didn't query the originating company - who have sent me stuff a few times before: all to the same address that doesn't exist  Embarassed 

They have now told the company that they won't return the goods to them unless they receive €100. The value of the order (incl. IVA) was only €110 and the cost of shipping to me was less than €20.

Is that the clink of spurs I can hear?  pig 

pete_l

http://www.pete-lynch.com/la_casa.html

Back to top Go down

[ couriers ] Do not mess with the UPS Empty Re: [ couriers ] Do not mess with the UPS

Post by Twisted Fire Starter Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:02 pm

Get the firm in Bulgaria to post the item back via their National Post System and have it delivered to a Correos PO box address. National Postal Systems automatically default to Correos once the package reaches Spain. If it's too big to fit in the box the Correos will send you a text to let you know it's arrived (as well as one for signed-for items).
Twisted Fire Starter
Twisted Fire Starter

Back to top Go down

[ couriers ] Do not mess with the UPS Empty Re: [ couriers ] Do not mess with the UPS

Post by Dave Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:29 pm

Have you read the posts about Seur. It sounds very similar. I wonder if UPS pass it on to ........... Wink
Dave
Dave
Admin

https://caveliving.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pete_l Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:30 pm

Yes, all the past deliveries from Olimex have been via Correos. They arrive quickly and without fuss. I do have to go down to the P.O. to pick up all my mail (except for the odd occasion when the postie has delivered - so he does know my address and where to find it) but going to collect mail on my own schedule is much more convenient than getting a random call from a random courier who wants me to meet to pick up a parcel from a random location.

pete_l

Back to top Go down

Post by pete_l Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:42 pm

Dave wrote:Have you read the posts about Seur. It sounds very similar. I wonder if UPS pass it on to ........... Wink
Ooooh yes. My experience of Seur has been OK. Not great, but OK - I guess it depends a lot on the individual driver involved.
I've not dealt with UPS in Spain before. But it wouldn't surprise me if they passed all their rural deliveries off to a local thrower over the fence and run away agent.
As it happens, the online tracking showed that the package got as far as Guarroman (in Jaen - 200 km away, so maybe still with UPS at that time?), then got sent back.
It spent a week there, over christmas, and no-one from UPS called me and they didn't contact the shipper. After that it got sent back through France, Germany, Austria, Hungary, Romania and finally back to Bulgaria.
That's one well-travelled package - and I'd be astounded if the contents (a 15.6 inch touch screen) arrived intact - so I don't know if I want it sent back to me. I'd prefer it goes back to Olimex and they send a replacement through a professional courier, rather that a round-europe touring company.

pete_l

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down