The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

passports (renewal of)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

passports (renewal of)

Post by Cats-R-Us on Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:27 am

Just had to renew our passports. Posted them off to Belfast on October 2. I remember the date well as our car was having a service and it was my OH's birthday. The web site says that it would take at least 4 weeks from the time they received the application. The money was taken from our UK account on October 11. They arrived yesterday (21st). Fantastic to get them before I began to worry but as we weren't expecting them we went shopping in Baza. The courier rang me to say he was in Los Olivos and although the line was bad I asked if he could leave it at the gasolinera. He called again a few minutes later to say he was at the gasolinera and leaving the packet there. When we managed to get back to the gasolinera there were 3 packets for us (2 new passports and 1 old one) so still one to come it seems. Considering the web site says that you have to be home to accept the package and sign for it thankfully doesn't seem to bother the Spanish providing they can leave it at a point they recognise. I did worry a bit about them being able to find our cave but did put in the application that if the Passport Office could pass on my mobile number to the courier it would help them find us and it was put on the envelope by the destination address. So all is now well.

Cats-R-Us

Back to top Go down

Re: passports (renewal of)

Post by Mariposa on Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:03 pm

Great info! Have to do mine soon, so nice to know it might be a straight forward process.

Caroline

Mariposa

Back to top Go down

Post by Cats-R-Us on Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:14 pm

Just received the 2nd old passport. Had a phone call from the courier, said I'd go to the gasolinera, and even beat him there. I actually signed for this one. Wonder who signed for the others?

Cats-R-Us

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Spanish Recipes