The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Was told twice, but I will only say ' Hi All ' just the once...

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Was told twice, but I will only say ' Hi All ' just the once...

Post by amm1007 on Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:16 pm

pete_l wrote:
amm1007 wrote:Nice Blogs
<blush> Well thank you kind sir (but I'm still not going to ....  What a Face )

So it looks like the going rate for a cave house now is about one-third to one-quarter of what it was at the top of the market 6-ish years ago.
As it is, I have a few unreformed rooms attached to my c/h. I had been quoted €20k to turn them into a "granny cave". It looks like that wouldnt be cost effective, it's just cheaper to buy another cave.

So, if you complete around Nov. 19, when should we pencil in for the party?
Morning Pete  ( really felt like typing Petal )

Well, clearly I am not the expert, but seeing the market prices of most local to Bacor, Freila, Zujar and Baza
certainly in the 3 villages , yes !
ps it isnt really 17 rooms, was joshing there Smile 
It seems simple to me .....some people , only a few , are really desperate to sell, and there were many ' ready to go ' houses for sale under 30k.

Sadly sometimes people's circumstances change personally or financially , and / or they want to ' go home ' ...that decison once made...it's discounts all the way.
( Reminds me of a story in my early career of a salesman reading the Obituaries ?? Cos in a sense we can all be chasing some sort of personal ' ambulance ' , and maybe not know it ? Turned out I was . Sad )

So to reform or not to re........Nope, not at the local builders prices I heard. Apparently he's the ' Top Cave Man ',
but seemed expensive to me. Work is superb though.
Seems the answer is no.....I saw many 2 for the price of 1 caves, side by side, 18k asking , but 12-15k cash for both would be 6 beds and had electrics in to one....its not the shovelling , is it, but the services and finishes that cost the money ?

Very Happy Ahh-haaa.....beat me to it , I did think about saying something last night, but best to wait til the place is mine and its kitted out, like has electrical stuff in the kitchen....so to be advised.

amm1007

Back to top Go down

Post by amm1007 on Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:56 pm

Sally wrote:Hi Andy - welcome to the Forum. We came out looking for a cave 9 years ago and I was determined to have found one and be signing on my birthday which was 2 days later. We did it! I have never, ever regretted the move and LOVE living in a cave, in fact can't imagine NOT living in a cave in this climate.  Both our daughters/sons-in-law and grandchildren live with us in separate parts of the cave but, as they are all soon to be on the move (still in the area, still in caves!) we are reluctantly putting it up for sale. Just hope, if it sells, we can find another, smaller cave that we can love just as much.

Have fun - can't wait to hear how it goes. x
Hi Sally

Thanks !....so you came a year earlier than me and bought much quicker. I rented for 3 months, wanted to ' feel ' the life as it really was, not like the books or peeps tell you...it's always different . Maybe I have a bit of a Nomad in my blood, whist I live in a house or flat ( now cave , lol ) ...I am often on the move travelling .
In a sense buying the cave satisfies some of that ' Gypsy in me ' ....I can just pack a few things and in a couple of hours, life will have changed enormously. All sea and often tourists, lots of shops......changes to lakes, flatlands or mountains, forests and lovely nature...nearly all Spanish, and basic shops.
Plus whilst I am not much of a drinker, I like the Spanish bar / cafe culture....coffee, lunch and tapas. All the family shouting and screaming together. why talk quietly when the vocal chords can acheive 90 decibels ?? hmm ? bom 

I used to live in a Granada Pueblo ( Gualchos ) but after refurbishing the old house into 2 , and 3 years there....I got a bit concerned I too, might become a bit too ' local ' for comfort. Don't think many of them changed their clothes often and most married ( if ever ) a cousin or something.....beautiful Moorish historic place , but very insular people . affraid 
Hence the move to Algarrobo Costa ( Malaga ) as most of my new friends and interests lived here .

Blimey.....2 days ??? was it love at first sight or are you always that impulsive ?
Mind you, guess I bought in 4 days, but it was planned well .

Must be nice having all the Folks with you ( or not , at times ? ) ..and clearly you enjoy the life here .
Hope you manage to sell and buy well.....and hope mine goes through with no hitches ( fingers crossed ! )
Looking forwards to coming back and spending some time here....organising the house / buying stuff / having a house or cave-warming party  cheers

amm1007

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie on Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:25 pm

HaHa! There was a plan of the proposed retail park in Pullianas over 10 ears ago that mentioned IKEA... Evil or Very Mad 

Rosie

Back to top Go down

Post by amm1007 on Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:42 pm

Flying Dogs wrote:Hi Andy,

Welcome to the Forum and good luck with finding a Cave and the right Village for you.  Definately great living in a Cave both in Summer & Winter over here.
Hi F.D.'s ....interesting name .
Were you heavily medicated when that was chosen ?
Thanks, and have found now ( for me ) in Zujar.
Have slept in a cave before, and know they are cool in summer and very toasty in winter
so looking forward to ' roasting my nuts ' at Christmas Rolling Eyes 
Gonna get me the mother of all woodburners !

amm1007

Back to top Go down

Post by amm1007 on Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:52 pm

miron wrote:Hi and a belated welcome to the forum! it's great that you've found somewhere in such a nice spot! There are a couple of furniture places in Baza but it's going to be a while before IKEA Granada opens.
Hello Miron.......and thanks .
yes, have checked out the furniture places ( few of them anyway )
I will probably go for that ' mix and match / shabby chic look '
or in male terms , old stuff covered in gravy stains , and tidy it up Laughing 
Never was much of a fan of modern sofas or chairs.

Give me a nice old leather Chesterfield any day.......

okay ?....I am waiting ..!!

amm1007

Back to top Go down

Post by amm1007 on Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:58 pm

Rosie wrote:HaHa! There was a plan of the proposed retail park in Pullianas over 10 ears ago that mentioned IKEA... Evil or Very Mad 
Well thanks for that piece of helpful support.....shall I wait a while ?

Guess i will draw up a big list, buy local to me and white van it to Zujar
or use Alcampo Granada ..or the Forum......I am not choosy
I mean.....I am talking to you, aren't I ?
lol! 

except for plates , glasses and sheets...they will have to be bought new...
just cannot do 2nd hand with that stuff ........eeewh !
amm1007

Back to top Go down

Post by santamaria on Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:16 pm

Wow brill,sounds like, so far so good Smile
santamaria

http://www.cuevasantamaria.com

Back to top Go down

Post by amm1007 on Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:40 pm

santamaria wrote:Wow brill,sounds like, so far so good Smile
Hiya....

Yep, so far...and just heard looks like completion 19/11.
Already got the vendor to leave beds, dining stuff, sofas, rugs, carpets...
now trying to buy ( if cheap and working ) the white goods

Cheers
amm1007

Back to top Go down

Post by La Mancha on Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:00 pm

We got most of our furniture locally but used Carrefour and Alcampo in Granada for plates, glasses, etc. Just got freezer and TV from Eroski in Lorca which is slightly nearer than Granada for us.

http://www.cuevademama.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by amm1007 on Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:03 am

La Mancha wrote:We got most of our furniture locally but used Carrefour and Alcampo in Granada for plates, glasses, etc. Just got freezer and TV from Eroski in Lorca which is slightly nearer than Granada for us.
Hi and wow, thats really useful.....thanks !

didnt know there was an Eroski in Lorca......closer is better for me too
easier to rush back quicker when you forget something or it doesnt work !
Do you mind me asking which local shops ( if it was ) you bought from ?

Ps someone told me there was a really good woodburner shop in Baza ( they make them ? )
any ideas ?

Andy
amm1007

Back to top Go down

Post by La Mancha on Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:16 am

There was a burner manufacturer on the road out to Caniles which is where ours came from but I seem to recall they closed.

There are/were a number of furniture shops on the road out past the hospital but I know a couple of them closed. We got ours over 7 years ago so maybe someone with more up to date info can help.

http://www.cuevademama.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by amm1007 on Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:57 am

La Mancha wrote:There was a burner manufacturer on the road out to Caniles which is where ours came from but I seem to recall they closed.

There are/were a number of furniture shops on the road out past the hospital but I know a couple of them closed. We got ours over 7 years ago so maybe someone with more up to date info can help.
Hi La Mancha

wel, I do appreciate the effort of getting back to me
but i guess in 7 years a lot of things will have changed / closed etc
I stayed at the Venta de Sol Hotel so checked out the furn.shops....wasnt that inspired .
Maybe I should have a good look inside for something tasteful
and sure my Agent Nick will know the woodburner place, his office is in the town .

cya , Andy
amm1007

Back to top Go down

Post by miron on Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:58 am

We bought our fridge, cooker, washing machine and freezer from one of the local electro-domestic stores in the village. Their prices were on a par with bigger places  (in one case they dropped the price to match), they delivered for free that afternoon, set everything up and took the packaging away. Might be worth checking what there is in Zujar itself. I do love a visit to Granada, but for the culture and night-life, not the commercial 
centres! And I'm not too fussed about having loads of choice, being an old-fashioned sort of person!

miron

Back to top Go down

Post by amm1007 on Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:11 am

miron wrote:We bought our fridge, cooker, washing machine and freezer from one of the local electro-domestic stores in the village. Their prices were on a par with bigger places  (in one case they dropped the price to match), they delivered for free that afternoon, set everything up and took the packaging away. Might be worth checking what there is in Zujar itself. I do love a visit to Granada, but for the culture and night-life, not the commercial 
centres! And I'm not too fussed about having loads of choice, being an old-fashioned sort of person!
Hi Again, Miron

Gotta say I hadnt thought of that...but there are quite a few shops in Zujar ( more than you'd think ! ) but maybe its about right for 3000 size village 8kms from Baza. I have got the Ayunta. website and commercial ' ads ' on there too.

First off, I am now trying to negotiate through the agent ( vendor in UK ) to buy whites for kitchen ..so can wait a while to see . Not my house yet til 19/11 ish !

But I take your 2 points : I would rather support the little man, if his prices are ok, and I hate shopping too.
I only do the ' must do's ' , otherwise its about twice a year for clothes etc Laughing 

I will need a new washing machine and dishwasher tho.......owner never installed them.
Carrefour shop online.....deliver a w/m for 199 euros ! bargain ( only 5kgs load tho ) , good enough for a hol.home ?
amm1007

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Spanish Recipes