The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What to look for when buying a cave

+6
santamaria
La Mancha
pete_l
Ken
invicta
cuchillo
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What to look for when buying a cave - Page 2 Empty Re: What to look for when buying a cave

Post by invicta Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:09 am

bin the car then Pondy. it makes sense let someone else drive

invicta

Back to top Go down

What to look for when buying a cave - Page 2 Empty Re: What to look for when buying a cave

Post by invicta Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:10 am

dont forget about services for kids, schools, entertainment, if they aint happy your life will be hell. also ask residents what they think. is it a well run town, is the mayor a goodun or badun. weve been lookin for ages but still not decided where yet. gonna make sure

invicta

Back to top Go down

Post by santamaria Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:14 pm

I agree is where you are going to live well run by the local townhall and does the local mayor take an interest in his local community? No where is perfect at it will always be influenced by available funds but will the Mayor listen when you wish to raise a point. Very Happy 
For example when our hamlet was recently without water, (the main pipe had calcified) our local Mayor came out personally to check on things and reassure the community of Fuente Nueva water would be back soon and all was being done that could be done. He is seen at nearly all the community events and gives a speech, which is no easy achievement as there are sooooo many events. Very Happy 

santamaria

http://www.cuevasantamaria.com

Back to top Go down

What to look for when buying a cave - Page 2 Empty Car or Taxi

Post by Ponderosa Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:48 pm

invicta wrote:bin the car then Pondy. it makes sense let someone else drive
Why would I want to do that I have no problems with driving I even get deplorers from Linea Directa for my good driving and no clams and most important likes to have a car available we both are good drivers.

Linea Directa asked us if we would like to change our car insurance from fully comp. to third party which we might do this year as our car is now 10 years old.

Ponderosa

Back to top Go down

Post by invicta Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:08 pm

didnt you just say

Ponderosa wrote:we can use a taxi to Baza for less than the cost of the car insurance in a year, No petrol on parking cost no car service cost etc. etc.

Rolling Eyes

Last edited by invicta on Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

invicta

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponderosa Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:15 pm

Pepe who used to ran the Pink Orchid, his brother has a one lorry business we are told he built a villa on top of his cave he and his wife and children live in the cave the villa above is perfectly furnished and his wife keeps it spotlessly clean. So much for the Spanish not living in a cave.
Ponderosa
Ponderosa

Back to top Go down

Post by invicta Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:50 pm

Ponderosa wrote:
Linea Directa asked us if we would like to change our car insurance from fully comp. to third party which we might do this year as our car is now 10 years old.
Dont! of course they want you to change to TP, because you are of a certain age, statistics show that you are more likely to have a mishap that is your own fault and they then dont have to pay out. its normally not a lot cheaper anyway so it could be a very expensive way to save a couple of euro
invicta
invicta

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponderosa Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:19 pm

Thank you Invicta making me think twice about the change Very Happy 
Ponderosa
Ponderosa

Back to top Go down

Post by miron Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:38 pm

The point about the local mayor is a good one, but don't forget that they can change! Local elections are every 4 years and in times of economic crisis people's political affiliations tend to swing.
Bringing children into the equation makes a big difference - what might be tranquility to an adult might also be boredom and isolation for a child! I'd take a good look at local schools too, if I was thinking of moving here with children. It seems to me that Spanish education in general is very formal with a lot of rote learning - I've not been very impressed by what I've seen!

miron

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:01 pm

Yes, but what about their future? OK us adults living an idilic life, but what prospects will young people have here in the future?

Ken

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:06 pm

Invictas got a good point Peter. The insurance company aren't looking at saving YOU any money, and he's right, you only need to have a small error in judgement, maybe when parking and the cost of the repair to your vehicle is down to you, also with third party you may lose other benefits. Don't do it.
Dave
Dave
Admin

https://caveliving.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:08 pm

Ken wrote:Yes, but what about their future? OK us adults living an idilic life, but what prospects will young people have here in the future?
Very good point Ken. I was speking with out local builder yesterday, and he was saying that his children have moved far away for a career, cause there is nothing here for them. So if theres nothing for Spanish kids, theres going to be diddly for Expat kids.
Dave
Dave
Admin

https://caveliving.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by miron Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:32 pm

Ken wrote:Yes, but what about their future? OK us adults living an idilic life, but what prospects will young people have here in the future?
I think that's what I was trying to say!

miron

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponderosa Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:00 pm

We tried to give friend’s son a chance in life, I interviewed him, would have been his first job he would have been a trainee draughtsman I said I want him to go to evening classes he said “I’m not interested in all that” I said “what do you want” he said “I want to be a footballer” I said “why do you chose that” He said “I want the money” Interview over.
Ponderosa
Ponderosa

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponderosa Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:13 am

We missed a problem we do have our property is too big
Ponderosa
Ponderosa

Back to top Go down

Post by invicta Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:16 pm

interesting info.
invicta
invicta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2