The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Castaral Valuations: Purchasing a house? Beware!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Castaral Valuations: Purchasing a house? Beware!

Post by Lurchio on Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:16 pm

A word for all those who are buying / thinking of buying in Spain! Having completed the formalities in May this year, the Tax (Tributaria) people have reviewed matters and a demand for nearly 3000 euros has hit me as they simply think I did not pay enough (or declare enough) for the house. Basically, they do not give a fig about the current market conditions and have valued a house off the Castral register,based on its price 8 years ago and 'market growth' (what growth???)in their opinion I SHOULD have paid much more, so have whacked me with the tax for the balance!!!! And no, I did NOT under declare the house by a stupid amount!!!!!

This is obviously a new way for the destitute Spanish Government to cash in on Foreign buyers (except I am no Russian millionaire!). The grounds for appeal involve an inspection by a Government Agency and valuation, if the furniture came with the house (it did) thats in there as well as they have you all wrapped up! I HAVE TO PAY FOR ALL OF THAT AS WELL!

Rather than appeal, I have challenged and made an offer via the Solicitor in Albox, so watch this space. They require payment by the end of November, but I have asked for instalments!!! If you don't ask, etc.

This appears to be a new tactic, PM me if you think you may be affected and I can help or if you have any tips, lets all have 'em!!!
Lurchio

Back to top Go down

Re: Castaral Valuations: Purchasing a house? Beware!

Post by Gobiker56 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:13 pm

That's terrible, if they had done that to me I wouldn't have the money! as every last penny went on the house. What on earth happens then?. Like many people we wanted to do everything above board, but we couldn't, luckily that was many years ago. Still all the time someone wants a carrier bag full of money to stuff under the mattress. The dreaded Banco de Colchon.
Gobiker56

http://cuevaleon.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Blatantadvertising.com on Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:46 am

Lurchio page 52 of the current Olive Press, relates to your problem. It seems it is quite common at the moment and to dispute the figure is the best course of action.
Blatantadvertising.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurchio on Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:14 pm

Thank you kindly for the information! My Solicitor at this moment is fighting a bit shy of a confrontation if I am honest with you. She has written to the Tax people, so we will see what becomes of that. The 'appeal' consists of a separate survey and valuation, together with some form of concilliation afterwards. It may well be that the estimated costs outweigh the savings if I 'win', but we will see...... I will still have to deposit the dosh with them in any case,and attempt to 'win' some of it back..... what a system, eh?
Lurchio

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Spanish Recipes