The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ALICANTE AIRPORT

4 posters

Go down

ALICANTE AIRPORT Empty ALICANTE AIRPORT

Post by caveman666 Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:36 pm

Going to UK Weds 17th. Can anyone out there provide me with a route to/from Alicante Airport bearing in mind the recent carnage created by flooding. Thanking you in anticipation
caveman666
caveman666

Back to top Go down

ALICANTE AIRPORT Empty Re: ALICANTE AIRPORT

Post by david kirby Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:56 pm

Hi Just looked on Arboleas forum and people have said there only is a contraflow at puerto lumbreros where the bridge came down and no detour now !!and they said had no trouble getting to the airport but maybe give a little more time than usual perhapes !
david kirby
david kirby

Back to top Go down

Post by caveman666 Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:10 pm

david kirby wrote:Hi Just looked on Arboleas forum and people have said there only is a contraflow at puerto lumbreros where the bridge came down and no detour now !!and they said had no trouble getting to the airport but maybe give a little more time than usual perhapes !

Thanks for That Dave, so trusty tom-tom can be used then. Great news.
caveman666
caveman666

Back to top Go down

Post by pebbles Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:31 am

Or go Puebla de Don Fadrique way and miss all of that out anyway? We always go to Alicante via Puebla de Don Fadrique
pebbles
pebbles

http://www.abiteofspain.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by caveman666 Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:51 pm

pebbles wrote:Or go Puebla de Don Fadrique way and miss all of that out anyway? We always go to Alicante via Puebla de Don Fadrique

Thanks Kate,yes of course that is an option. Never been that way before, is it a good run ? Travel time estimate ? Smile
caveman666
caveman666

Back to top Go down

Post by Cats-R-Us Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:40 pm

Use the Pueblo dF route ourselves. Timing may be a fraction longer but we prefer the drive. From PdF it is one lane in each direction until you reach Caravaca de la Cruz when it becomes a dual carriageway all the way to the A7 at Murcia. There used to be a village (name begins with a B - something like Banderos) which was a difficult village to drive through due to trees narrowing the road through but there is now a by-pass - you may find your sat-nav tries to get you to go through the village but don't surcome to the invite. We always find the A7 from Murcia up to Alicante a pain as it is so busy but you have to use it whichever route you take so have to grin and bear it. Good travelling.
Cats-R-Us
Cats-R-Us

Back to top Go down

Post by caveman666 Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Cats-R-Us wrote:Use the Pueblo dF route ourselves. Timing may be a fraction longer but we prefer the drive. From PdF it is one lane in each direction until you reach Caravaca de la Cruz when it becomes a dual carriageway all the way to the A7 at Murcia. There used to be a village (name begins with a B - something like Banderos) which was a difficult village to drive through due to trees narrowing the road through but there is now a by-pass - you may find your sat-nav tries to get you to go through the village but don't surcome to the invite. We always find the A7 from Murcia up to Alicante a pain as it is so busy but you have to use it whichever route you take so have to grin and bear it. Good travelling.

Thank you for taking the time to reply M&J.
Looks like it will be down to my pilot which route we take, (my car awaiting new clutch to be fitted, and won't be ready for Wednesday !!). PdF sounds a good bet, not knowing what hold up there might be on contraflow going the other way. Thanks again. K&N
caveman666
caveman666

Back to top Go down

Post by pebbles Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:03 pm

I dont think there is much in it (time wise). I always used to go via Puerto Lumbreras - it was my sister that told me to go the other way via La Puebla

The village that cats r us are thinking about is called la barranda - great now there is a by-pass there

La Puebla area can be bad in the winter with bad fog though so not always the best route!.......okay at this time of the year though! and the pub Los perdices is good for tapas! (en-route!)
pebbles
pebbles

http://www.abiteofspain.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by caveman666 Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:00 am

pebbles wrote:I dont think there is much in it (time wise). I always used to go via Puerto Lumbreras - it was my sister that told me to go the other way via La Puebla

The village that cats r us are thinking about is called la barranda - great now there is a by-pass there

La Puebla area can be bad in the winter with bad fog though so not always the best route!.......okay at this time of the year though! and the pub Los perdices is good for tapas! (en-route!)

Thanks again Kate, nice to know of a decent watering hole too.
caveman666
caveman666

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down