The Cave, Finca & Cortijo Forum. Andalucia..


Go down

passport Empty passport

Post by adelear on Tue May 08, 2012 3:59 pm

does anyone know if you have to report you lost/stolen passport to the national police or local police for a police report to replace your passport Question


Posts : 183
Join date : 2010-04-20
Age : 50
Location : Los Isidoros

Back to top Go down

passport Empty Re: passport

Post by doobie on Tue May 08, 2012 5:31 pm

hi adelear

If your British passport is lost or stolen abroad

If you're abroad, report any passport losses or thefts to the local police in the country you're in as soon as possible. You'll need the crime reference details for the LS01 form.

You should also report the theft or loss to the UK embassy, consulate or high commission of the country you are in. You can get details of your local embassy, consulate or high commission by:

calling +44 (0)20 7008 1500 (or 0870 606 0290 if you're in the UK)
visiting the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) website

When you make a report to the embassy, consulate or high commission, they will give you a Lost or Stolen (LS01) Notification form. You should fill this in and sign it. You can also download the form if you lose it or need another copy.

The embassy, consulate or high commission will record the loss or theft of your passport and forward the information to IPS. IPS will then cancel your passport to reduce the risk of someone else using your identity.

Taken from here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Foreign and commonwealth website [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hope this helps

Posts : 114
Join date : 2011-05-06
Age : 42
Location : A Little village somewhere in Bedfordshire :)

Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum